IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (March 2016)

iacas
Note: This thread is 2967 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did an analysis of yesterday's round to locate the major issues. It definitely was showing an excessive fade on my tee shots and pushing the long irons slightly. After further review and listening to my Evolvr analysis, there is a major issue with rotation. So, reviewed my past notes from my Erie lessons again and went through some slow motion drills and swing. I just received my brand new Eyeline 360 mirror for my birthday and did some rotation drills. Found the big issue and worked on the knee (left) bump and hip turn (hip slide didn't make it for me)... I needed to break this down to bump-turn. Straightened out the drive as well as the iron. More work tomorrow

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Went to the range with my family before going to lunch. After lunch, I played nine at my hometown course. Played by myself for 6 holes. Had three pars, rest bogeys. It was cool, high 40s, but not windy. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

At the gym, short yoga routine to stretch, medicine ball routine, split squats, dead lift, backswing drill using mirrors in gym. Back home and hit a few shots into net in barn.

Today during medicine ball routine I noticed how strong my foundation, legs through feet, is in order to power through the exercise. I've adopted this to a standing in the mountain pose at address of the golf swing. I have to admit, even though I've heard this instruction multiple times, a firm strong foundation at address, it is sinking in as to what that means!

Under construction, signature and game.

Played 18 holes in 3:30

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Did some mirror work with my backswing focusing on hip turn and left knee flex inward to get more shoulder turn at A4. Then, worked on the driver and 7 iron with backswing and downswing drills. Following that, worked on slow full swings with both clubs. Noticed I get a straight solid strike with good backswing, 90 degree shoulder turn.... Bump hip.. Hip turn... Follow through. Liking the flow, but still need more work for consistency. 

I am already on a consistent practice mode and haven't missed a day of practice since sometime last fall, so will probably drop off the grid in doing the 5-min challenge as of the end of this month.

Dave

Played 9 holes in less than an hour. Shot meh, but did putt better than yesterday like that's any kind of achievement. . .My partner noticed that I made pin high in 2 shots on the par 5 then proceeded to bogey the hole. :-P

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I spent time last night doing this hip/leg action drill and making dry driver swings.

Today, it was much more than 5 minutes of practice, but I went to an indoor simulator and began by hitting middle irons at no more than a chip or half swing, working on the hip action, concentrating on the weight forward, hips open at impact, etc. I worked up to full swings, then switched to wedges and collected some data. I used the carry distances from the simulator to create a distance matrix for myself. I finished the session with about 15 driver shots, alternating shots with the hip action drill.

WIN_20160329_12_04_12_Pro.jpg

Edited by Big Lex

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

15 minutes mirror work before my workout. No outdoor range work today. We have 25-30 mph winds with gusts to 50. :-P

Scott

My Swing Thread

Started practice with mirror work with no club trying to get the rotation worked out. Then did a bunch of sessions in the backyard with driver and the 6-iron focusing on the rotation which is my priority piece at this point. took a number of videos and spent some time reviewing them. Back to work in the yard again for more of the same. Spent some time this evening working on pitch technique with short 5-10 yard pitches.

Dave

More backswing transition drills. Still don't know why my good shots don't quite feel as solid as my bad ones.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Mirror work before my workout. I will be going to the range later today.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Slow mo backswing drill hitting into net in barn. Reading LSW again and reviewing video on purestrike5sk. Current focus has been Key#1.

More work on hip turn with both driver and irons... started with mirror work in the garage and moved to the backyard. Focused on axis tilt and takeaway and then Key3 on follow through. took a few more videos and reviewed.... still need to continue the hip and shoulder turn more.

Dave

11 hours ago, Lihu said:

More backswing transition drills. Still don't know why my good shots don't quite feel as solid as my bad ones.

Took some nice video of the hills and clouds today and a silhouette of myself hitting what I think are balls. Played a terrible 15 holes, kind of pulled all my shots. Not surprising since I was pulling them at the range too. thbbft.jpg

Need more range time before a round with my son Friday.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Made it through all 31 days in March. Today I played first round(9 holes) of 2016. Par 3 practice I have been doing worked well as I hit both par 3 in regulation. Positives from round also include 3/7 FH. More work to do but felt good to play. 

Collected some good data manually to help construct PracticePlan going forward.

Doing some swing drills. Trying to load my wrists better.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 2967 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!