IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (March 2016)

iacas
Note: This thread is 2967 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

10 minutes mirror work with slow swings.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Short yoga routine to stretch then out to range. Hit a large bucket. Today's session was mostly getting comfortable with hitting each club in my bag the 4 same swing types I have been hitting inside; those are a wrist hinge drill swing, 3/4 swing, and full swings at two different positions at the top of backswing. 

I found that the higher position between right shoulder and head in full swing produced a higher shot that fades to right.

Overall good session with good feedback on changes I'm trying to make. I really need to exaggerate hitting from the inside out. 

Under construction, signature and game.

Focused on my steady head and the back swing transition. Hoping to get more weight shift with those two still intact. Kind of like an upside down pendulum. It doesn't take a lot to mess things up. :-P

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Great practice today! Slowed everything down with the driver and iron swings. Better contact and strikes. Worked on backswing and downswing drills. This afternoon, I alternated between slow even swings with the driver and 7 iron. Then, with iron started doing a 4 speed drill that I made up....  Did the full swing at about 10% speed, then about 25%... Then 50%... Then 75% ....  Trying to get the mechanics and weight forward/hip turn/shoulder turn all the way through to finish. The goal here is to make all good strikes and the 4 balls in a straight line to the back of the yard. Tonight, I worked a bit more on my swing tempo and while working on these drills, I tripped on a thought... "Hey, as a musician... Maybe I can think of my swing in musical terms as a rhythm, after all we talk about tempo with swings." So, what I came up for me seems to really flow.... Not a big waltz fan, but that appears to fit. 2/4 time with 1/8 note triplets.... Counting out 1-2-3-4-5-6. Backswing occurs on the first triplet (1-2-3) to A4. Downswing (4-5-6) . Impact occurs just after 4 and swing ends just before 6. Doing this slow.... I am thinking that when I am ready for more speed that the tempo could safely increase since the sequencing should be coordinated with shoulders, hips, arms, etc. Anyway, this seems to help my tempo with the irons and help a really lot with my driver, where it both cases I would always want to rush things from A4 to try and hit the ball.  I had a lot of fun with this one.

Dave

Focused on my steady head and the back swing transition. Hoping to get more weight shift with those two still intact. Kind of like an upside down pendulum. It doesn't take a lot to mess things up. :-P

Couldn't get the swings as fast as wanted, but conditions were perfect and the shots went pretty nicely. The conditions made everyone on the range feel like a pro. :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

At gym; short yoga routine, medicine ball routine, split squats and dead lift then backswing drill using weighted club and mirrors. Back home to hit balls into net in barn. Snowing again today. I've decided to join the 9 hole muni ,Riverside So. in Portland, Maine. They originally planned to open tomorrow but due to weather have pushed out to next Wed.

Under construction, signature and game.

Steady head while swinging a shaft using a mirror.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Worked on the 6-iron and 7-iron in the yard and garage (when the rains came). Practicing the timing, rhythm along with the hip/shoulder and weight forward. Loving the new timing/tempo feel to keep the swing flow smooth. Practicing some with the hybrid (same priority elements), and finished up with some pitching practice.

Dave

8 hours ago, Lihu said:

Steady head while swinging a shaft using a mirror.

Played 14 holes waiting for my son's match. Lesson learned, don't try to putt out of 4" rough. :-P

Hit okay on the range, not as well on the course.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Hit the range because I couldn't get on the course. The range was not open yet so I hit that short game area @bmartin461 was talking about. It's great. There's 8" deep rough to practice out of, like we have that plush grass on our course? In any case it was a really nice area. Hit quite a few shots out of rough, bunkers and short chip practice.

Hit a lot of 8i working on my swing.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

15 minutes mirror work at the gym before my workout. All slow swing or mapping focusing on my Evolvr lesson priorities.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Worked on hip/shoulders and weight forward with 6iron and hybrids in my garage. Again, keeping a fair amount of slow speed practice swings to change the picture.

Dave

5 hours ago, Lihu said:

Hit the range because I couldn't get on the course. The range was not open yet so I hit that short game area @bmartin461 was talking about. It's great. There's 8" deep rough to practice out of, like we have that plush grass on our course? In any case it was a really nice area. Hit quite a few shots out of rough, bunkers and short chip practice.

Hit a lot of 8i working on my swing.

Hit more balls and did more drills in my home practice area. Not sure why I can't seem to make solid contact with longer irons. I spent a lot of time doing slow swings with them and it shouldn't be that hard. At least the scuff marks on the bottom are in line with the direction I want to hit, but I just cant get that nice contact feeling. . . :~(

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

19 hours ago, Lihu said:

Hit more balls and did more drills in my home practice area. Not sure why I can't seem to make solid contact with longer irons. I spent a lot of time doing slow swings with them and it shouldn't be that hard. At least the scuff marks on the bottom are in line with the direction I want to hit, but I just cant get that nice contact feeling. . . :~(

More steady head drills. Trying to shift weight while maintaining key 1. Not 100% sure if I am doing it well enough, but my shots were okay. Played the simulated 18 holes, while waiting for my kids' lesson.

Fixed the long irons issue, just avoided hitting them. :-D

I did get one 3i shot out to the proper distance, but only made 4 shots with all three long irons (5,4,3).

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Played a round today. Nice weather... Some good strikes and some not so much. Just keeping my eyes on those priority pieces that I am working on. 

Dave

Happy Easter!

Did some gym workout in the hotel fitness center with my family.

Turns out the last swing change I made worked my core muscles a lot more than I thought. Was wondering why I was hitting shorter and shorter through the week. I thought it was just cold balls. :-D

Stretching those core muscles out.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 2967 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!