IGNORED

Tips for playing golf with golf elbow?

MrQster
Note: This thread is 2841 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 6/30/2016 at 8:05 AM, Machine528 said:

This post is killing me! I developed this yesterday and my game was finally shaping up nicely ?.   Is it possible to keep playing ? I played with horrible shoulder tendinitis in 2003? 

Yes, but I wouldn't recommend it.  It could get a lot worse.

I had a golfer's elbow on my leading arm (left arm as I'm right-handed) and nothing seemed to help except rest, icing it, taking anti-inflammatory medication when needed.  The most important thing is to rest and exercise to build up muscles.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It sucks. Bad. I get it in my left elbow and the only relief I find is to stop playing, rest it, and ice it if possible. there are forearm excerises you can do to losen things up (see googs) but rest and ice is the best remedy I've used. 

47 minutes ago, Yukari said:

Yes, but I wouldn't recommend it.  It could get a lot worse.

I had a golfer's elbow on my leading arm (left arm as I'm right-handed) and nothing seemed to help except rest, icing it, taking anti-inflammatory medication when needed.  The most important thing is to rest and exercise to build up muscles.

Thanks I played today and could not even notice it? Afterwards I noticed the pain when I stopped at a restraunt and opened the door...I was hoping to make it until the winter before taking time off

On 2016-07-01 at 8:29 PM, Machine528 said:

Thanks I played today and could not even notice it? Afterwards I noticed the pain when I stopped at a restraunt and opened the door...I was hoping to make it until the winter before taking time off

It's good you're not noticing it much and I know that makes it quite convincing sometimes that it is better, but not always is this the case. Even when you don't feel any pain, still always ice it down after a game. You should also tape it as much as possible to help support it and help prevent over extension. I work with soft tissue injuries and although very discouraging, these kinds of things can be helped, without having to quit the game. It is important to rest it and try to take a bit of time off during the treatment, but you don't have to be out for years. This is the treatment I always recommend...as i've used it and I talk to people all the time who have as well...and have healed from it. Look at the testimonials as well for elbow. Wishing you the best.Golf injuries

On July 1, 2016 at 8:29 PM, Machine528 said:

If you can, try icing it immediately after the round. Sometime inflammation can trigger increased pain. Icing will reduce the inflammation. I bring a ziplock bag right to the bar and have them fill it when I need to ice. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 hours ago, boogielicious said:

If you can, try icing it immediately after the round. Sometime inflammation can trigger increased pain. Icing will reduce the inflammation. I bring a ziplock bag right to the bar and have them fill it when I need to ice. 

I agree.

A couple of months ago, I played a round with a friend who's a doctor, asked him about it, he said there's not much I can do with it, however it's kind of strange that he recommended to me that I should just keep playing with it if not too painful and it will get better. 

So I kept on playing with it, I stopped when it's really painful, and play again when it got better.  It's actually been getting better, I can play once a week now, just mild discomfort after the round, ice it a bit and it's ok for the next round.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016-07-06 at 9:20 AM, MrQster said:

A couple of months ago, I played a round with a friend who's a doctor, asked him about it, he said there's not much I can do with it, however it's kind of strange that he recommended to me that I should just keep playing with it if not too painful and it will get better. 

So I kept on playing with it, I stopped when it's really painful, and play again when it got better.  It's actually been getting better, I can play once a week now, just mild discomfort after the round, ice it a bit and it's ok for the next round.

Be careful :(  He might have recommend for you to keep playing to simply keep the blood flowing to the area...which is important for the healing.....but there are a lot of other ways to do this with no risk factor. Listen to your body and just be careful to not cause further damage.

Note: This thread is 2841 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!