IGNORED

Do you have a happy place that helps your game mid round?

Mike Boatright
Note: This thread is 2963 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not sure, but I went from a train wreck 49 where I was clueless until about the 8th hole, then shot a more reasonable 43 on the back where I actually felt like I was getting a handle on my game.  It remains to be seen if I was really on the right track or just kidding myself.  I'm not so sure that it was a "happy place" more than just stepping back to the fundamentals that I know work.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My happy place... Like, when the ball is in the bottom of the cup?

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Like Robin Williams Mr Happy?

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

I guess if I have a "happy place", it's just playing in a relaxed manner. Once I get on that first tee, I am never worried about how I might play. Good, bad, or average, I am out there having fun. I leave all the swing thought stuff at the practice area. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Playing golf is the happy place.

• Upvote 1

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

I always have a piss prior to teeing off at the 6th. That always makes me happy :-D

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

11 hours ago, SavvySwede said:

Playing golf is the happy place.

Seriously. I rarely get frustrated on the course anymore (I used to get frustrated often). And the main reason I don't get frustrated is because I remind myself that I'm out playing golf.  A nice side effect is that I score better since I don't let one bad hole ruin a whole round.

This post reminds me.  I need to find a happy place when things go bad.  I will have to create one.   I need to calm down after a disastrous hole.  Perhaps a bit of meditation ... ohmmmm.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Realizing that "my ambitions far exceed my talents" has helped keep things in perspective. Not saying I can get better though.

that and I frequently play with a hothead or two.I find them humorous and it helps remind me that this is supposed to be fun

Edited by chilepepper

Note: This thread is 2963 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!