IGNORED

When Do You Wear Golf Shoes?

Pretzel
Note: This thread is 2953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When Do You Wear Golf Shoes?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. When do you wear golf shoes

• Always!
    • Always - if I have/remember them
    • Only if it's wet out
    • Only if it's a tournament/important round
    • I don't wear golf shoes

44 minutes ago, sirhacksalot said:

Do any of you feel that the cleats impede your swing a bit?  It is probably due to bad swing mostly but sometimes my right foot not having the ability to move a lil (insert baseball move here) seems to throw me off.  I wear cleated golf shoes because for some reason i think we are supposed too and obviously i dont want to slip on wet grass but i notice that on dry it feels a lil too grabby

Does anyone else feel this way and are the spikeless shoes a good compromise?

I think the point is that you foot isn't supposed to move much, hence the cleats keeping you from sliding them around. Perhaps your swing is a bit out of balance, and moving your foot is usually what helps you compensate for this?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

51 minutes ago, sirhacksalot said:

Do any of you feel that the cleats impede your swing a bit?  It is probably due to bad swing mostly but sometimes my right foot not having the ability to move a lil (insert baseball move here) seems to throw me off.  I wear cleated golf shoes because for some reason i think we are supposed too and obviously i dont want to slip on wet grass but i notice that on dry it feels a lil too grabby

I've thought about that a little recently but not in the way you're suggesting.  I feel like the spikes on my front foot (right foot for me, I'm left handed) might be restricting in the follow through.  I had some knee issues recently that might have been caused by too much torque as I swing into my front leg.

You see lots of pros spin out their front foot some after they've hit the ball which relieves some pressure on the front knee and hip.  I though it might be interesting to try going spikeless just on the front foot to help facilitate that.  I don't find that there is much of a slippage issue with the front foot anyway, just the back one during the backswing/transition.

• Upvote 1

At the range I like Ecco Biom Hybrids or True Linkswear, but on the course I want soft spikes to make my footing feel more secure. 

Joe Paradiso

21 minutes ago, allenc said:

I've thought about that a little recently but not in the way you're suggesting.  I feel like the spikes on my front foot (right foot for me, I'm left handed) might be restricting in the follow through.  I had some knee issues recently that might have been caused by too much torque as I swing into my front leg.

This is exactly what i was talking about.  Just turning to the target a lil during follow through, the lil waggle at the beginning is just a nervous twitch.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, sirhacksalot said:

Not really, no.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!