IGNORED

When Do You Wear Golf Shoes?

Pretzel
Note: This thread is 2950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When Do You Wear Golf Shoes?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. When do you wear golf shoes

• Always!
    • Always - if I have/remember them
    • Only if it's wet out
    • Only if it's a tournament/important round
    • I don't wear golf shoes

Looking at the range attire thread, I began to wonder how many people generally wear golf shoes and with what frequency.

I know that I personally only wear them when it's wet out/when I play in a tournament (otherwise I'm balanced enough just in tennis shoes). How about you?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I always wear golf shoes with soft spikes when I practice at the range or when I'm on the course.  I like that stability they provide, and found the heaver more supportive shoes hurt my feet less at the end of a round.  

Joe Paradiso

I wear my golf shoes whenever I'm hitting golf balls. Occasionally I will hit in sneakers when the opportunity presents, but I usuassly have an older pair of shoes in the car just in case.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

I voted "wet". However since I seldom golf in wet weather, I pretty much never wear golf shoes. I prefer a comfortable pair of walking/hiking shoes, or boots. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Always. Range and course. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Seeing as my "Golf" Shoes are just some Everlast sneakers that are waterproof and can grip the ground pretty well.. Always. I have a set of old worn down gym shoes that I wear around and the ever lasts that I use for golf.

As I said in that other thread, I pretty much always wear them. But I wear spikeless golf shoes (FJ superlites). I think I could play in my regular sneakers just fine, but I walk the course and usually go the shortest distance between me and the ball, which may be up or down some BIG hills. So my regular kicks probably wouldn't be good in those situations.

I don't use my regular sneakers often (although I did in my member swing thread haha) because I want to have the exact same feel day to day - no changes. Not because I necessarily need them.

I'll probably just wear regular sneakers to my company for-fun captain's choice tourney in a couple months lol, for humility's sake :-P 

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

Never.  I wear Merrill walking/hiking shoes.  I have both regular and hightops.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Always.  I wear my Trues as an everyday shoe.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I sleep in my golf shoes in case I have a golf dream. Then I won't be barefoot in the dream. :-P

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Since golf shoes have never improved my game. I only wear my golf shoes if the fairways are damp. If they are dry I just wear a regular pair of sneakers. 

I always wear them if I'm doing anything golf related.  I wear True's, so I'll wear them to/from the range as well.  Even if I go in my backyard to practice pitching technique, I throw my golf shoes on.

- John

Anytime I go to the range or play, I wear them. When I first started playing golf without golf shoes, I slipped quite a bit. So now I wear them all the time. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I always wear them when playing, almost never when I'm hitting balls. My Uncle was a country club pro before WWII, and played in a few PGA events (the Hershey Open, the Pennsylvania Open) back in the day. He told me it wasn't a bad idea to practice in sneakers. If your feet start to slip on you, it means you're over swinging.

2 hours ago, Pretzel said:

Looking at the range attire thread, I began to wonder how many people generally wear golf shoes and with what frequency.

I know that I personally only wear them when it's wet out/when I play in a tournament (otherwise I'm balanced enough just in tennis shoes). How about you?

I'm surprised how many people say they don't. I voted only when it's wet out.

I think many wear them just to look the part. And with some of the more subtle versions around now it's kind of hard to tell if your bright colored tennis shoes are golf shoes or not.

As we're discussing in another thread right now, it seems like just a pain to have to change shoes on the way out of the car....

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

Wow, I didn't know. I went a couple years without a pair of golf shoes then saved and got the pair I wanted, then I really saw a difference in how much more stable my contact with ground was. I mean my feet wanna dance, and the shoes give me some stability. So I wear them when ever I'm hitting balls: backyard, range and course.

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

• Administrator

As I wear :true_linkswear: shoes, I wear my "golf shoes" everywhere.

Not to bed though. That'd be weird.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Always, unless I don't have them with me, but that's pretty rare as they live with my clubs. 

I can play just fine without them, but I like the consistency and the ritual of wearing my "golf stuff" when golfing. 

Also, as an Aimpoint user, there is something to be said for being consistent with your footwear. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 2950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!