IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (April 2016)

iacas
Note: This thread is 2918 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Second practice session today: It was rainy and overcast this morning.  So after lunch I asked the pro if he had time for a lesson on tee shots out on the course. (No one on the whole course at the time.)  He changed my swing quite a bit to be more consistent, and prevent those over-the-top shots that I hit every so often.  After quite a few shots, and trying a couple different things, he had me hitting a nice draw.  We were having a good time, and I was making progress.   The half hour lesson he charged me for actually ended up being closer to an hour.  I'll think I'll thank him again, and give him a nice $$ tip next time I'm in the pro shop.  (Didn't have my wallet on me today.)

Range today. Spent 15 minutes on my drill move. The rest of the time was pitching and sand. Need more sand practice. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 hours ago, Lihu said:

More PVC pipe swings with half swings. I noticed that if I take the club literally back at A6, I seem to get a lot more speed on the downswing. The pivot in the mirror looks a lot more compact as well.

2 more simulated rounds at the place I am planning on playing. Not exact about the drive distances, but good enough for a ball park. I certainly hope it's not as hard as I think it is.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Worked on pre-shot routine today. P-S was pretty haphazard when I played Friday.

Spent 5 minutes doing set-up and address with 6i, then 5 minutes doing same with driver.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Had a few sessions yesterday but nothing was accomplished.  I have a mat and net in my garage so, to me, a session can be anything from 3 swings to 100 . .not trying to make myself out like Vijay, lol. 

Anyway - I had a session just after midnight.  I hit about 20 shots thinking about swinging wide to narrow.  I have tried a bazillion things to get myself not to cast . . this shows some promise. 

I love having a mat and net in my garage, btw.  I can't even imagine how hard it would be if I had to wait until my next visit to the range to try something out.  But, then again, I'm the kind of guy who is thinking about my (awful) golf swing at 3am. 

About 20 minutes in the yard with a tethered whiffle ball. Working on tidying up my backswing which was pulling me out of my posture at my last range session.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Tried to do some speed training following @No Mulligans procedure.

Used an old graphite shaft with a grip on it and various clubs and the fan for maximum resistance. It gives me pretty good results as well. The shaft is so light, but because I warmed up with the half swings it doesn't affect my body and arm movement at all. It just feels like a really light club. I'm sure my release is faster because the speed is a lot faster than with my normal driver swing on the SS radar.

To be honest, it doesn't feel any more of a workout than my full swing normal range session, but it's really cool to see some indication of speed increase.

It seems like something you might only need to do a lot during the training phase then once a week or less to maintain just like any other muscle development process?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Went out early this AM before anyone on the course to practice tee shots for half an hour with my retooled swing (from yesterday's lesson).  I hit six tee shots, then retrieved the balls and hit them again.  About half in the fairway, and five just off the fairway but playable.  I only had one errant shot.  Pulled it way left.  

Then practiced putting for 10 minutes, and up-and-downs for 15 minutes with my newly regripped putter.  

10 minutes mirror before a stretching session. I start my league tonight.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Hit close-in wedge shots for 10 minutes in my backyard shortgame range. Mainly 20 yards and in.

Need to make sure I finish crisply - I was leaving things a bit short of desired landing point.

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Went out on the course again this morning before anyone on the course to practice tee shots for half an hour with my retooled swing (from yesterday's lesson).  

Muscles tired after hitting too many balls this last week. Taking a break from the range.

Played a horrible round yesterday, but kept the ball in play from all over the course. My best recovery hole was slicing into a tree 220 yards away, hitting a hybrid off hard pan from under some trees and ending up 10 yards short of the green for an up and down. Noticed that GG changed their UI as well. I forgot to tag an approach and it put me down for a 360 yard drive, PW on the green and 2 putts. :-P killed the round, of course. Going to be more diligent in the future.

Doing slow PVC pipe swings to stay loose. Over extending the swings to stretch them out, then going back to half swings alternatively.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Played practice round 9 holes. Started good hitting first 3 fairways then my poor consistency showed up!!

Came home and continued the Driver drill to stop slices in between chores hitting into net in barn.

Under construction, signature and game.

I'm in for May. Figured I'd write this now to hold myself accountable. Also browsing here to see what kind of write-up happens each day. Let's do this- hoping a daily focus on something specific will be better than my normal haphazard approach improvement.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Worked on hip and leg stretches for 10 minutes, and Trailing Arm Rotation drill for 5 minutes. 

Note: This thread is 2918 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!