IGNORED

Happy 50th John Daly

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2902 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

23 minutes ago, rkim291968 said:

That's possible but who watches (or care about) Champions Tour?   I'd rather watch College Championship, Euro Tour, LPGA, than the Champions. 

I watch it more than I use to. I will turn 50 next year, so I find it quite interesting at times.

I loved John Daly in his heyday and, for a long time, hoped he would return to form.  It just never materialized.  I hope he has a good run on the champion's tour.  Personally, I like the guy but there's been nothing worth paying attention to for a long time.  

If JD were to start tearing up the Champion's Tour, I'd be watching.  I'm not holding my breath, though.    

1 hour ago, Rainmaker said:

I loved John Daly in his heyday and, for a long time, hoped he would return to form.  It just never materialized.  I hope he has a good run on the champion's tour.  Personally, I like the guy but there's been nothing worth paying attention to for a long time.  

If JD were to start tearing up the Champion's Tour, I'd be watching.  I'm not holding my breath, though.    

I'm sure he's accepted the fact that his heyday window closed long ago and is hoping to earn the right to shed the "side-show has-been" stigma and be considered a legitimate tour pro again. I think he (and his fans) would be satisfied with some degree of respectable showings from event to event.  If he can hold his $hit together and find some consistency, he'll land a sponsor or two that's not Chico's Bail Bonds and make a nice living.  I honestly feel bad for the guy and want to see him find a groove again.

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I heard someone compare JD to Babe Ruth.  And there seems to be some truth to it.  I mean, both have an extraordinary amount of native talent. And both pack an extraordinary amount of alcohol fueled fun into each day.  John Daly would be in my dream foursome.  Can you imagine anyone who would be more fun to play a round with?  :-D

18 minutes ago, Avalanche said:

I heard someone compare JD to Babe Ruth.  And there seems to be some truth to it.  I mean, both have an extraordinary amount of native talent. And both pack an extraordinary amount of alcohol fueled fun into each day.  John Daly would be in my dream foursome.  Can you imagine anyone who would be more fun to play a round with?  :-D

I used to think that, too . .until I saw Being John Daly.  I still like the guy and want to see him do well . .but he's out of my dream foursome.   

20 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

I used to think that, too . .until I saw Being John Daly.  I still like the guy and want to see him do well . .but he's out of my dream foursome.   

That leaves a spot open for Kevin now... :banana:

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

11 hours ago, Al B Tross said:

That leaves a spot open for Kevin now... :banana:

Ha - Kevin seems like a good guy.  My wife is from Central Georgia and he reminds me of some of her friends, personality-wise . .not golf-ability-wise, of course. 

You know who I think would be really fun to play a round with? Tim Herron. 

On 4/29/2016 at 10:29 PM, Natural Patrick said:

Big Daly fan here. Looking forward to watching him on the Champions tour.

Wait, you're a big Daly fan but you hate Tiger?  

Joe Paradiso

45 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Wait, you're a big Daly fan but you hate Tiger?  

Kinda makes you wonder just what the real difference is between them, doesn't it?  

• Upvote 1

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

1 minute ago, Natural Patrick said:

Hate is s strong word, so lets go with." I really don't care for him"

Besides the fact that Tiger has had a much more successful career and hasn't been associated with alcohol and spousal abuse, I'm curious what makes you like Daly and not Tiger?

Joe Paradiso

1 hour ago, Fourputt said:

Kinda makes you wonder just what the real difference is between them, doesn't it?  

Other than one is arguably the greatest golfer of all time and the other is John Daly?  79 pga tour wins to 5.  I mean, I don't even see how they are similar.                  

26 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Besides the fact that Tiger has had a much more successful career and hasn't been associated with alcohol and spousal abuse, I'm curious what makes you like Daly and not Tiger?

I admire the what you see is what you get about Daly. Eldrick is Phony as hail. 

11 minutes ago, Natural Patrick said:

Fair answer I don't agree but it explains it, thanks. :beer:

Joe Paradiso

18 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

Fair answer I don't agree but it explains it, thanks. :beer:

I do like to hear Tiger let the occasional F bombs fly. He gets my respect for being real on how he feels about a bad shot:-)

46 minutes ago, Natural Patrick said:

I would probably feel the opposite.  With Tiger, what you see is what you get (or don't get).  He doesn't like talking to the press, he wants to be left alone.  That's who he is.  Does he "pretend" to be a great family man when he isn't?  I don't know . .I'm sure he'd rather nobody ask. 

John Daly had surgery to lose weight, bragged about what a great thing he did and how he was a changed guy . and then gained all the weight back.  John Daly surrounds himself with people that tell him constantly how great he is . .what an awesome guitar player he is (I'm pulling this from his Golf Channel show), etc. 

I am not against JD . .I totally hope to see him return to form on the Champions Tour and if he goes on a tear, I'll be watching. 

And I don't consider myself a super Tiger Fan Boy, either . . I think he's an awesome golfer.  I accept that he's probably a jerk.  But I don't think he's fake, certainly not more fake than JD.

Note: This thread is 2902 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!