IGNORED

Grip - use two fingers, Really?

Note: This thread is 1115 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Dear friends:

I have been searching for new ways and approaches to golf which will make golf game swing easier and consistent and forgiving.  Here goes #1.

- use two fingers and let the left hand more leading, and make a handle to be More of ONE unit. 

This new idea will make you think more and deeper.  Please let me know what you think. 

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing Golf tips!
danielS.

28 minutes ago, danielS said:

Dear friends:

I have been searching for new ways and approaches to golf which will make golf game swing easier and consistent and forgiving.  Here goes #1.

- use two fingers and let the left hand more leading, and make a handle to be More of ONE unit. 

This new idea will make you think more and deeper.  Please let me know what you think. 

Thanks!

I'm guessing English isn't your first language? That sentence doesn't really make any sense.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hello, 

Thanks for comment. I must have created some confusion here.  I can clarify what I was going to say.  Two fingers mean index and middle finger of right hand, not including the ring finger of right hand assuming the golfer is right-handed. 

We know most golfers use three fingers of right hand.   My key point is that the handle (left hand and right together)  becomes more of ONE unit by using only two fingers of right hand.  I hope this makes clearer to you.  

Thanks. 

danielS.

9 hours ago, danielS said:

Hello, 

Thanks for comment. I must have created some confusion here.  I can clarify what I was going to say.  Two fingers mean index and middle finger of right hand, not including the ring finger of right hand assuming the golfer is right-handed. 

We know most golfers use three fingers of right hand.   My key point is that the handle (left hand and right together)  becomes more of ONE unit by using only two fingers of right hand.  I hope this makes clearer to you.  

Thanks. 

Is the grip below what you are describing? It is called a double overlap grip.

furyk.jpg

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Wow, 

This is great!  Jim Furyk does use this grip, double overlap grip.  Thanks for the right terminology.  I wonder how you found this picture, but I really appreciate it.

I mentioned one benefit earlier from my own perspective.  Can you share any other benefits or justifications you can think of? 

Regardless, I will continue to use this grip, and it really works well for me.

Thanks, boogielicious.

danielS.

Hey daniel, whatever works for you, use it! Some folks use the ten finger grip, other the overlap, or the interlock, or the whatever. If it works, it works! Never mind what anyone else says!

7 hours ago, danielS said:

Wow, 

This is great!  Jim Furyk does use this grip, double overlap grip.  Thanks for the right terminology.  I wonder how you found this picture, but I really appreciate it.

I mentioned one benefit earlier from my own perspective.  Can you share any other benefits or justifications you can think of? 

Thanks, boogielicious.

I just googled "Jim Furyk double overlap grip". I knew he used one from a previous discussion on different grips.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

While using the index and middle finger of the right hand might work for Jim Furyk I wouldn't recommend it.   When you swing properly, building swing speed using the kinematic sequence, it's much easier to be hold the club primarily with your middle and ring finger of your right hand.  Why - when you post up on your left and release your lag the club head 'snaps' forward through the ball.  Holding the club with the middle & ring allows your right hand to 'rotate' with the swing movement.  If you're holding on with your right index finger it's hard to keep the right arm tendons relaxed and out of the 'snap'.  This of course assumes your using good technique and using your body to drive relaxed arms to build tremendous club head speed.

Thanks, and the comment is quite thorough and analytic, and I will have to consider.  

My main point was that the handle (two hands together) will become more One unit by using double overlap grip, and it will let left the left hand be in more leading role and be a major source of power.  

danielS.

• 4 years later...
On 5/5/2016 at 10:49 PM, danielS said:

Wow, 

Thanks, boogielicious.

I just went to this grip for my woods and went back to the standard interlock for my irons.  Was having arthritic pain in my right hand (trailing) ring finger and was searching for a way to alleviate it.  It worked.  Also discovered many benefits by making the hands more as one.  Also read it can help with chipping.  Will be trying that next.

Note: This thread is 1115 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!