IGNORED

Golf backswing tips

Note: This thread is 2885 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Golf backswing tips - I have found a great video wich I wanted to share with you guys. It explains very well how to practice a nice backswing drill. 

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/golf-fix-making-correct-backswing/

When you hit with a driver it is very important that the movement comes from your shoulders and not from your hands. Le the traingle of your shoulders and arms be intact by making a slow turn. Find a ritm that is contrallable and move from there backwards, to your top position. The movement backwards has to be synchroon.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, ewoudb said:

When you hit with a driver it is very important that the movement comes from your shoulders and not from your hands. Le the traingle of your shoulders and arms be intact by making a slow turn. Find a ritm that is contrallable and move from there backwards, to your top position. The movement backwards has to be synchroon.

The triangle is broken down the instant your trail elbow bends.

The drill itself isn't bad.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 5/22/2016 at 11:09 AM, iacas said:

The triangle is broken down the instant your trail elbow bends.

The drill itself isn't bad.

Well said! That's only valid for the initial part of the swing, the "takeaway".  My suggestion for most amateurs for the backswing is, "MAKE ONE"! Far too many of us mid to high handicappers get in a hurry to "hit the ball", and saw our backswings off short. What we should be doing is trying to "swing the club" like we do in a practice swing!

Here is another youtube video that is very simple and straight forward that I really like..concentrating on getting to the first position really helps me keep centered too....just short and simple

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Posting so I remember to watch the above video. I still have a problem with coming over the top at times and I feel like part of its because I'm confused on the takeaway/backswing. 

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

7 hours ago, Crim said:

Posting so I remember to watch the above video. I still have a problem with coming over the top at times and I feel like part of its because I'm confused on the takeaway/backswing. 

At the 1:30 mark of that video, he goes from A1 to A2, and then describes how his right elbow goes behind his shirt seam. If I am understanding that correctly, that contradicts other advice where you'd want to keep your right elbow in front of your seam. 

In any case, I'll just stay focused on what my instructor is telling me and not get too sidetracked with what he's saying there in that bit of the video. Just wanted to mention, in case others find that one part confusing or incorrect. Perhaps it is good advice and I am wrong in saying it is contradictory!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

• Administrator
On June 1, 2016 at 8:39 AM, RandallT said:

At the 1:30 mark of that video, he goes from A1 to A2, and then describes how his right elbow goes behind his shirt seam. If I am understanding that correctly, that contradicts other advice where you'd want to keep your right elbow in front of your seam. 

Not a fan of that. He hasn't turned much at that point.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2885 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!