IGNORED

2016 DEAN & DELUCA Invitational

krupa
Note: This thread is 2898 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Looks like a strong field: http://www.pgatour.com/inside-the-field/2016/05/24/DEAN-and-DELUCA-invitational.html

I will continue my predictions based on nothing more than a mood ring (that is also a lollipop... when its gone, I'm sad) and whatever funny commercials I come across.  Actually, though, Matt Kuchar has been working his way up the leaderboard lately, so that's my predicted winner.

• Upvote 1

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

All these years later, I still can't be convinced that Dean & DeLuca is a real thing, because I only know it as the place where Felicity worked.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

24 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

All these years later, I still can't be convinced that Dean & DeLuca is a real thing, because I only know it as the place where Felicity worked.

I haven't seen one in years and forgot they existed.  When I first saw the name of the tournament, I thought I had browsed to some archived page from 1999.

48 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Im convinced Charley Hoffman will win. He will do whatever it takes. Including freaking out other players in the parking lot. 

I'm concerned about Hoffman, Kuchar, and a few other golfers.  When they take their hats off, it's clear they spent a lot of time in the sun.  

1 minute ago, krupa said:

I'm concerned about Hoffman, Kuchar, and a few other golfers.  When they take their hats off, it's clear they spent a lot of time in the sun.  

Oh yeah. Its like that stuart cink dome. 

professional-golfer-has-a-horrifying-tan

15 hours ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Im convinced Charley Hoffman will win. He will do whatever it takes. Including freaking out other players in the parking lot. 

I vote Charley aswell.He's on a good run.

7 hours ago, Scotsclaff said:

I vote Charley aswell.He's on a good run.

Yep. Colonial is a ballstrikers course, so it suits him. If Hoffman stays away the big number i think we'll see him on the leaderboard. 

Just today, I was talking to a co-worker about Poland syndrome (a congenital condition where one is born without a bicep), and brought up Bryce Molder as an example of a successful athlete despite the defect. There he is atop the leaderboard.

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

3 hours ago, Chilli Dipper said:

Just today, I was talking to a co-worker about Poland syndrome (a congenital condition where one is born without a bicep), and brought up Bryce Molder as an example of a successful athlete despite the defect. There he is atop the leaderboard.

Pretty sure he's missing a pectoral, not a bicep.  Could be both.

Spieth looked in control today, despite missing a bunch of fairways.  Good news.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

12 hours ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Yep. Colonial is a ballstrikers course, so it suits him. If Hoffman stays away the big number i think we'll see him on the leaderboard. 

Not such a good day for Charley,seven behind on +1.

1 hour ago, Gunther said:

You're right. I don't know why I said bicep.

10 hours ago, Gunther said:

Spieth looked in control today, despite missing a bunch of fairways.  Good news.

Don't jinx him! :-)

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Still a shot for the top 3 players in the world to all have won the last tournament they played at the same moment in time, which I don't believe has ever happened in the history of the game.  #pgatourhasneverbeenbetter 

Ok, that hash tag was a little douchy, but c'mon, this shit is good.

Edited by Gunther

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Note: This thread is 2898 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!