IGNORED

Nike Flyknit Elite Golf Shoes

Note: This thread is 2874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://news.nike.com/news/golf-traction-takes-a-new-course

Neat looking shoes - can't see them pulling me away from TRUE, but the cleat pattern is very cool.  I always liked the Flyknit material, but they never made a true "zero-drop" running shoe, so I never wore them much.

- John

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

47 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

http://news.nike.com/news/golf-traction-takes-a-new-course

Neat looking shoes - can't see them pulling me away from TRUE, but the cleat pattern is very cool. 

The material looks like a pair of socks. Is that what the Flyknit material is? I wonder how waterproof they are and what kind of damage those "cleats" can do to a putting green.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2 minutes ago, billchao said:

The material looks like a pair of socks. Is that what the Flyknit material is?

Yeah...pretty much.  It's designed so you can wear them without socks (at least the running shoes are).

3 minutes ago, billchao said:

I wonder how waterproof they are and what kind of damage those "cleats" can do to a putting green.

They (again, the running shoes) are water-resistant (so they don't get soggy), but the weave is open enough that they are not even close to waterproof.

As for green damage...good point.

- John

6 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

They (again, the running shoes) are water-resistant (so they don't get soggy), but the weave is open enough that they are not even close to waterproof.

You don't usually run in wet grass, do you? I would think even with whatever TPU skin they apply, walking around in the morning dew for hours is going to get your toes wet.

Plus I assume the weave will loosen over time.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

24 minutes ago, billchao said:

You don't usually run in wet grass, do you? I would think even with whatever TPU skin they apply, walking around in the morning dew for hours is going to get your toes wet.

Definitely...that's what I was trying to say: the shoes aren't even close to waterproof, even if the fabric itself is water-resistant.  Not terrible for running shoes, but seems like kind of a dealbreaker for golf.

- John

I have a pair of the flyknit tennis shoes that I absolutely love, and these look pretty cool, but I am skeptical about the cleat pattern.  Looks like it would chew up a lot of stuff just walking around (as mentioned above, especially on some damp greens).

Note: This thread is 2874 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!