IGNORED

Brexit - Leave or Remain

paininthenuts
Note: This thread is 2900 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Brexit - Leave or Remain  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Leave or Remain

• Leave
    • Remain

3 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

A big reason for them leaving the EU was Merkel's quota system for accepting Syrian refugees.  The UK will endure some pain as it's unlikely the EU will be as easy on the UK as it was on Norway.  If the UK becomes an EEA member it will still have favorable trade benefits with the EU, but better control over their currency and borders.  

Well, the pound dropped and dropped and will be dropping further. But will come up at some point. Time will tell. A Ne(therlandse)xit will most likely never happen. But heck, who know's?   

9 minutes ago, Silent said:

A lot of people when experiencing a problem want to blame a particular thing, since that's the most easy thing to do. I'm not rich? Blame the EU. I pay taxes? Blame the EU. I'm not happy with my job, or have troubles finding one? Blame the EU. I can't buy a bigger house? Blame the EU. 

This same argument essentially applies to the Tea Party, minimum wagers, and a number of other groups in the US. 

On ‎2016‎/‎06‎/‎23 at 8:21 AM, paininthenuts said:

can you imagine having a third party making most of you laws, and all of your regulations. Can you imagine your country having to give a third party a massive sum of money every year, only to get 40% of it back, and then be told what to spend it on. Worst of all, can you imagine having to let anyone into your country from 27 other countries, and then allowing them to settle even if they can't speak your language. The EU in Brussels employs over 10,000 people who earn more than our own prime minister, and  occupies a premises the size of a town. It is as corrupt as the Mafia, and prevents the UK from trading properly with countries outside the EU.

And this essentially is Texas.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 minutes ago, taxgolf said:

Well, the pound dropped and dropped and will be dropping further. But will come up at some point. Time will tell. A Ne(therlandse)xit will most likely never happen. But heck, who know's?   

Currency drops whenever there is uncertainty about a country's stability.  If and when UK becomes an EEA member which Merkel seems to be lobbying for, the pound will rebound.  

Investors will always try to take advantage of fear and uncertainty.  Pushing stocks and currencies down is a great way to get lower buy in numbers.  There's nothing I've read that indicates the UK is in trouble, it's just a lot of people taking advantage of the uncertainty.  I'm sure the US markets will drop about 5% - 10% just in reaction to whats going on there.  Gold and Silver will be the winners.  

Joe Paradiso

As entertaining as it is to watch a country cut off its nose to spite its face, this is going to hurt the UK, Europe, and the world:

• EU is not going to give UK the same deals it had while in the EU. They will be forced to punish the UK to ensure other countries like Austria don't try to leave the EU as well.
  • That said, even if the UK gets the same deals as it had before, it will have accept all of the EU terms and regulations. In other words, they'll have to accept EU policies, except the UK won't have a say in those policies. And this is probably the best case scenario for the UK.
  • Scotland looks like it will leave the UK. More concerning is that Northern Ireland might leave the UK. If you know much about the history there, that is likely to lead to some violence sadly.
  • Economic instability is going to happen for a while now. That makes the world poorer, which is not a good thing. That also makes the world more dangerous.

But hey, at least the UK can keep out those greasy Eastern Europeans, right? :-O

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Kind of mixed on this one, but if I could just vote not to pay federal taxes, I probably would vote that way. :-D

They gain that other 60% of their money back and can do what they wish with it. Seems like a smart thing to do, and it only passed by a narrow margin in terms of actual numbers.

The OP mentioned that it's a bunch of corrupt and pork fat do nothing politicians. Sounds like our federal government. . .hoping Trump will dissolve some of the uneccessary crap we've built up over the years.

Brexit sounds really nice!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

28 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

As entertaining as it is to watch a country cut off its nose to spite its face, this is going to hurt the UK, Europe, and the world:

• EU is not going to give UK the same deals it had while in the EU. They will be forced to punish the UK to ensure other countries like Austria don't try to leave the EU as well.
  • That said, even if the UK gets the same deals as it had before, it will have accept all of the EU terms and regulations. In other words, they'll have to accept EU policies, except the UK won't have a say in those policies. And this is probably the best case scenario for the UK.
  • Scotland looks like it will leave the UK. More concerning is that Northern Ireland might leave the UK. If you know much about the history there, that is likely to lead to some violence sadly.
  • Economic instability is going to happen for a while now. That makes the world poorer, which is not a good thing. That also makes the world more dangerous.

But hey, at least the UK can keep out those greasy Eastern Europeans, right? :-O

Great point. My company deals with this all the time. The UK rules weren't much different than the EU. One of the talking points was the laws and regs, and the UK will have to deal with them regardless.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, newtogolf said:

Investors will always try to take advantage of fear and uncertainty.  Pushing stocks and currencies down is a great way to get lower buy in numbers.  There's nothing I've read that indicates the UK is in trouble, it's just a lot of people taking advantage of the uncertainty.  I'm sure the US markets will drop about 5% - 10% just in reaction to whats going on there.  Gold and Silver will be the winners.  

It's early, but the markets are only down about 2-3% 

http://money.cnn.com/data/markets/

I doubt it will get much more than that. Even though there is uncertainty, no one knows the long term outcomes yet. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

Great points especially the one I highlighted..  

Also, in the short term there will be some losses for companies dealing with the dollar and Euro.. (And possibly longer since the pound dropped to the lowest point in 30 years)

There is so much to deal with for them now in terms of exiting, but I agree the world has become a less stable one.. David C. in my opinion was one of the better world leaders and now he's gone.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I'm reminded of the following:

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, ..."

From what I can gather after an exhausting half hour of scanning news reports:-D, this was mostly about sovereignty.  On that point, I side with the leavers.

Edited by wannabe

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

3 minutes ago, wannabe said:

I'm reminded of the following:

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, ..."

From what I can gather after an exhausting half hour of scanning news reports:-D, this was mostly about sovereignty.  On that point, I side with the leavers.

I was thinking more along the lines:

"Meet the new BOSS! Same as the OLD BOSS!" - The Who

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

3 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

quite right, old chap, quite right.

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

2 hours ago, Lihu said:

Kind of mixed on this one, but if I could just vote not to pay federal taxes, I probably would vote that way. :-D

They gain that other 60% of their money back and can do what they wish with it. Seems like a smart thing to do, and it only passed by a narrow margin in terms of actual numbers.

The OP mentioned that it's a bunch of corrupt and pork fat do nothing politicians. Sounds like our federal government. . .hoping Trump will dissolve some of the uneccessary crap we've built up over the years.

Brexit sounds really nice!

Yep, I am a Trump fan and live in the UK. I believe that Trump would not only be good for the U.S, but great for the status quo World wide. 

This is independents day for the UK. For to long we have been told what to do by a bunch of un-elected  bureaucrats, who earn an absolute fortune, and have no interest in GB. We have put in £350m a week, only to get back £160m , which has to be spent as the EU has told us. We have to allow the people from 27 other nations to move here and take our houses and jobs, not to mention use our free healthcare, and take our benefits. Of course, we have the right to move to our neighbors 3rd world countries, and use their 3rd world facilities, so what would you do. Only 3 countries in the EU put in more money than they took out, and guess who one is? Over 10,000 employees of the EU parliament earn more than our PM. It's massive bloody corrupt boys club, and getting out is a breath of fresh air. 

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

2 minutes ago, paininthenuts said:

Yep, I am a Trump fan and live in the UK. I believe that Trump would not only be good for the U.S, but great for the status quo World wide. 

This is independents day for the UK. For to long we have been told what to do by a bunch of un-elected  bureaucrats, who earn an absolute fortune, and have no interest in GB. We have put in £350m a week, only to get back £160m , which has to be spent as the EU has told us. We have to allow the people from 27 other nations to move here and take our houses and jobs, not to mention use our free healthcare, and take our benefits. Of course, we have the right to move to our neighbors 3rd world countries, and use their 3rd world facilities, so what would you do. Only 3 countries in the EU put in more money than they took out, and guess who one is? Over 10,000 employees of the EU parliament earn more than our PM. It's massive bloody corrupt boys club, and getting out is a breath of fresh air. 

That sounds like a very attractive reason for the 48% who wanted to "remain". . .So, apparently the United states isn't the only country with idiots. :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

3 minutes ago, paininthenuts said:

Of course, we have the right to move to our neighbors 3rd world countries, and use their 3rd world facilities, so what would you do. 

No members of the EU are 3rd world countries. A few are classified as 2nd world countries because of the cold-war western Europe and the US versus Communism.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

5 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

No members of the EU are 3rd world countries. A few are classified as 2nd world countries because of the cold-war western Europe and the US versus Communism.

That's nit picking. The fact is our emigration figures to other EU countries is considerably less than the immigration figures. Of course, if we need people from other countries, that is fine, and of course GB citizens may decide to live in other countries, and if these countries want them, that's fine also. The fact is, no country should ever be told they have totake immigrants from a 3rd party. Germany decided to take in over a million Syrian refugees. Most of of these immigrants are young men who decided to abscond from the army, rather than to fight for their country. Needless to say these North African Muslims are creating all sorts of problems. In a few years time Germany will have given them EU passports, in turn they would have had the opportunity to infest our green and pleasant land. 

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Regardless, I hope they "won't get fooled again".

Note: This thread is 2900 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!