IGNORED

RNC

Elmer
Note: This thread is 2786 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

See how long this discussion can last or should I say how long we can be civil.

Day 1 of the RNC is in the books.
Just some random thoughts.

Marcus Lattrell (Lone Survivor) may have given the best speech of the night. Although while he said he was speaking from the heart and not the tele-prompter, he said exactly what was seen on the prompter! But he has earned a pass and generally gave a good speech.

Patricia Smith's speech, while emotional was sad but completely, factually inaccurate. 
"I blame Hillary Clinton personally for the death of my son -- personally."
While she is entitled to her opinion, the Benghazi Committee has indicated in last months report that the Obama Admin was to blame for security lapses.
I can not imagine the 2004 DNC if Kerry dragged out 3000 parents to accuse GWB personally for their children's death!

Aside from that 2 has been actors made no splash.
Perry reminded everyone why he never made it out of Texas.
I am still trying to wake up from Pence's speech!
Rudy was great from  2 weeks in Sept, but has since reverted back to be a clown.

Then this happened....
I cant believe that Michelle Obama would preemptively plagiarize Mrs Trump #3!

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/19/12221566/melania-trump-michelle-obama

Now it is coming to light that the campaign or DT himself, years ago, falsified her college credentials.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/melania-trump-college-claims_us_578dd95ce4b0c53d5cfac0dc?yptr=yahoo

There was no policy speech, no platform, no effort to expand the tent. No effort to court the Latino vote
Finally, do you think anyone at the RNC is aware that Freddie Mercury was Gay before using a Queen song?

This convention is only going to get more weird!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why would you even start a thread about the RNC? If you wish to have a civil discussion, you don't start a thread about a subject or group you consistently rip on, then proceed to do just that. It would be like @Gunther starting a thread on Clinton and acting like he expects it to be a civil.:blink:

Edited by Jeremie Boop

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

In most forums it's called trolling, but I think @Elmer actually thinks his comments are insightful and that someone will be convinced to vote for Crooked Hillary over Trump.  

Joe Paradiso

3 minutes ago, Elmer said:

See how long this discussion can last or should I say how long we can be civil.

Day 1 of the RNC is in the books.
Just some random thoughts.

Marcus Lattrell (Lone Survivor) may have given the best speech of the night. Although while he said he was speaking from the heart and not the tele-prompter, he said exactly what was seen on the prompter! But he has earned a pass and generally gave a good speech.

Patricia Smith's speech, while emotional was sad but completely, factually inaccurate. 
"I blame Hillary Clinton personally for the death of my son -- personally."
While she is entitled to her opinion, the Benghazi Committee has indicated in last months report that the Obama Admin was to blame for security lapses.
I can not imagine the 2004 DNC if Kerry dragged out 3000 parents to accuse GWB personally for their children's death!

Aside from that 2 has been actors made no splash.
Perry reminded everyone why he never made it out of Texas.
I am still trying to wake up from Pence's speech!
Rudy was great from  2 weeks in Sept, but has since reverted back to be a clown.

Then this happened....
I cant believe that Michelle Obama would preemptively plagiarize Mrs Trump #3!

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/19/12221566/melania-trump-michelle-obama

Now it is coming to light that the campaign or DT himself, years ago, falsified her college credentials.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/melania-trump-college-claims_us_578dd95ce4b0c53d5cfac0dc?yptr=yahoo

There was no policy speech, no platform, no effort to expand the tent. No effort to court the Latino vote
Finally, do you think anyone at the RNC is aware that Freddie Mercury was Gay before using a Queen song?

This convention is only going to get more weird!

I was able to catch some of it, and this morning I saw those two paragraphs next to each other and the similarity can't be denied and it is not general enough in nature to be a coincidence IMO.. 

I would like to see more paragraphs and similarities first before being called out for straight out plagiarism though.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

4 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Why would you even start a thread about the RNC? If you wish to have a civil discussion, you don't start a thread about a subject or group you consistently rip on, then proceed to do just that. It would be like @Gunther starting a thread on Clinton and acting like he expects it to be a civil.:blink:

What he said.....

1 minute ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Why would you even start a thread about the RNC? If you wish to have a civil discussion, you don't start a thread about a subject or group you consistently rip on, then proceed to do just that. It would be like @Guntherstarting a thread on the Clinton and acting like he expects it to be a civil.:blink:

I'd like to start a thread on Clinton, can't we be civil guys?  Lol.  

Speeches were fine last night, Rudy was amazing, a little disappointed in Sherriff Clarke, kinda understated.  Melania's speech was great.  A paragraph lifted from Obama, fire the speech writer and move on.  Good night for Trump all in all.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

8 minutes ago, Gunther said:

I'd like to start a thread on Clinton, can't we be civil guys?  Lol.  

Speeches were fine last night, Rudy was amazing, a little disappointed in Sherriff Clarke, kinda understated.  Melania's speech was great.  A paragraph lifted from Obama, fire the speech writer and move on.  Good night for Trump all in all.

Rudy rubs me the wrong way. It may be that I am a NY'er and remember him before and after his peak performance. 
Melania has indicated she wrote a lot of the speech herself.
"I read it once over, and that's all because I wrote it with as little help as possible,'' she told TODAY's Matt Lauer in an exclusive interview on Monday.
However I would clear out the writers room and hire Peggy Noonan real quick!

Because right now the story of night 1 has been alleged plagiarism.
I am curious if the convention is going to center in on a central message or platform over the next few days

In my Grom:

Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

14 minutes ago, Elmer said:

Rudy rubs me the wrong way. It may be that I am a NY'er and remember him before and after his peak performance. 
"I read it once over, and that's all because I wrote it with as little help as possible,'' she told TODAY's Matt Lauer in an exclusive interview on Monday.

I am curious if the convention is going to center in on a central message or platform over the next few days

Haha, the media had to find something, it's not a big deal.

As closely as you follow Trump and all things Republican and conservative, I'm sure you're aware of each night's theme; clever way to frame it though.  Must be that American history background.  ;-)

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

20 minutes ago, Elmer said:

You spend more time watching the Republicans than I do, maybe you're a closet Republican, it's okay Trump will welcome you with open arms.  

Joe Paradiso

6 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Haha, the media had to find something, it's not a big deal.

As closely as you follow Trump and all things Republican and conservative, I'm sure you're aware of each night's theme; clever way to frame it though.  Must be that American history background.  ;-)

Monday: Make America Safe Again.

Tuesday: Make America Work Again.

Wednesday: Make America First Again.

Thursday: Make America One Again.

I also got a kick out of the fact that Alex Jones is set up out in the parking lot, ranting about truth and conspiracy!!!

4 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

You spend more time watching the Republicans than I do, maybe you're a closet Republican, it's okay Trump will welcome you with open arms.  

I have been a registered Republican for more than half my life, Much longer than my parties nominee!

In my Grom:

Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

15 minutes ago, Elmer said:

Monday: Make America Safe Again.

Tuesday: Make America Work Again.

Wednesday: Make America First Again.

Thursday: Make America One Again.

I also got a kick out of the fact that Alex Jones is set up out in the parking lot, ranting about truth and conspiracy!!!

I have been a registered Republican for more than half my life, Much longer than my parties nominee!

See that?  I thought you might have a bead on it.

Not buying the Republican line tho, I could see it if you were a moderate, but people don't go from conservative to the fringe left where you exist unless, I dunno, maybe George Bush shot your dog with an AR-15, while cutting down a tree with a gas-powered chainsaw?  Lol.

I am an independent by choice. I don't like some republicans, and I don't like some democrats. Sitting on the fence works well for me.

I watched some of last night's RNC stuff. I just assumed most of last night's "BS"  was for those folks in attendence. We'll see what the rest of the week brings about. 

I already know who I am voting for as it is. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I have no reason to watch either convention. There's no way I'd ever vote for HRC, so short of Trump slaughtering a litter of puppies he's getting my vote.  

No matter which candidate wins, this will be the year that the losing party kicks them self in the butt for putting up such a crappy candidate.  

Joe Paradiso

19 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I have no reason to watch either convention. There's no way I'd ever vote for HRC, so short of Trump slaughtering a litter of puppies he's getting my vote.  

No matter which candidate wins, this will be the year that the losing party kicks them self in the butt for putting up such a crappy candidate.  

You have other options:  I can't vote for Hillary.  I can't vote for Donald

1 - vote 3rd party - Libertarianism is what most people align to (if they'd bother actually looking at the platform)

2 - vote - you don't have to vote for president at all and can still vote for all the other lines on the ballot

Bill - 

38 minutes ago, Gunther said:

See that?  I thought you might have a bead on it.

Not buying the Republican line tho, I could see it if you were a moderate, but people don't go from conservative to the fringe left where you exist unless, I dunno, maybe George Bush shot your dog with an AR-15, while cutting down a tree with a gas-powered chainsaw?  Lol.

Actually he used the Ar-15 to to shoot my solar panels. Than used an endangered bird to clog up my wind turbine.
Finally he wastefully burned coal in my yard.

Believe it or not, it is possible to be a social liberal and fiscal conservative!

In my Grom:

Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

19 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

You have other options:  I can't vote for Hillary.  I can't vote for Donald

1 - vote 3rd party - Libertarianism is what most people align to (if they'd bother actually looking at the platform)

2 - vote - you don't have to vote for president at all and can still vote for all the other lines on the ballot

Voting 3rd party imo is handing HRC the key to the White House.  I'll vote for Trump and hope for the best.  

17 minutes ago, Elmer said:

Actually he used the Ar-15 to to shoot my solar panels. Than used an endangered bird to clog up my wind turbine.
Finally he wastefully burned coal in my yard.

Believe it or not, it is possible to be a social liberal and fiscal conservative!

I believe it, I'm not as liberal socially as you but more towards the middle and definitely fiscally conservative.  

Joe Paradiso

Watching this thread, so let's keep it civil on both sides please!

watching you.gif

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

31 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Watching this thread, so let's keep it civil on both sides please!

watching you.gif

92041-are-you-talking-to-me-gif-Im-t-it4

In my Grom:

Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Note: This thread is 2786 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!