IGNORED

Another PNW Hello

Brad W
Note: This thread is 2815 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey everyone.  After a 30 year hiatus, I've come back to golf.  My wife and I decided to start playing together.  While I did play a little in my 20's, I'm essentially starting all over (not that I had much foundation to begin with).

I've for sure got the bug, but I have to take things slow.  I'm not nearly as flexible and fit as I once was.  I haven't even play a full 18 yet.  We go out and do nine and call it good.  I've also been hitting up the range to work on my drives and there are a good number of par 3 courses in the area that are cheap enough I can go frequently and work on my shorter game.

I bought two used sets of clubs off Craigslist to put together a decent beginning set.  I'm 6'2" and have slightly shorter arms, so I feel like I'm really leaning over for those shorter shots.  Next year I figure to buy a fitted set.  

I don't shoot far, at least not yet.  I'm trying to develop a good swing and hoping speed will come once I get form down.  Even if I can only drive it 200, I'd be happy with that as long as it went somewhere close to where I wanted it to go.  Currently I've driving about 175 and thats with a .75 swing

Anyway, I wanted to find a place to read about golf stuff and maybe learn some stuff.  I already noticed a section for posting swing video's, so I'm looking forward to taking advantage of that 

talk to you all later

- Brad

Huh, where does this site pick up the avatar pictures from?  I didn't set an avatar, yet that dog with his tongue out does belong to me (well, until he passed).

• Administrator
On August 3, 2016 at 7:42 PM, Brad W said:

Huh, where does this site pick up the avatar pictures from?  I didn't set an avatar, yet that dog with his tongue out does belong to me (well, until he passed).

Gravatar.

You can change your avatar by visiting your profile.

Welcome to TST!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, iacas said:

Gravatar.

You can change your avatar by visiting your profile.

Welcome to TST!

Hi. Yeah, I know that. I was just curious where the initial picture came from as  I didn't set that up, it was just there

11 hours ago, Brad W said:

Hi. Yeah, I know that. I was just curious where the initial picture came from as  I didn't set that up, it was just there

Just go into your profile and change it when you have a chance.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
11 hours ago, Brad W said:

I know how to change the picture.  I'm just curious where the original picture came from as I didn't set it up

That's why I answered: gravatar.

gravatar.com

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

That's why I answered: gravatar.

gravatar.com

Doh!  I didn't see that. Sorry. 

Ok, well, I don't remember ever setting that up, but it explains how my picture showed up automatically 

thanks

Note: This thread is 2815 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!