IGNORED

Stabbing someone who won't let you play through

imsys0042
Note: This thread is 2764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

10 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Oh please. Like none of you have ever stabbed someone on the golf course or the movie theater or the grocery store or church.

Stuff happens.

Seriously. Damned 'PC' culture of whiners.

5 hours ago, ol 3 putts said:

Stabbing someone over slow play seems a bit extreme, hitting into them not so much. 

Still extreme. Just not in comparison. Hitting into people to 'send a message' is potentially reckless and douchey.

Stabbing is just insane.

4 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

What I want to know is . .how does a guy so unhinged that he stabs somebody for slow play make it to age 61 without having stabbed a bunch of people already?  Maybe we should check under his porch.

That's a very good question.

Kevin

15 hours ago, Gator Hazard said:

I make it a point to stab a person weekly just so I don't get rusty. 

Careful. Your stabbing form may not get rusty with such practice but make sure you clean your blade carefully afterward otherwise it could get a little rusty...

Seriously though, there are some people (this 61-y/o muppet, for example) who're beyond belief.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, chilepepper said:

I prefer a 5 iron for slow players. I don't have to work in so close, I have a better chance of keeping my golf duds clean

That's the problem with modern drivers!  Hollow, pingy and not good for assaulting people.   Back in my day, a good persimmon to someone's head was all we needed.  Especially walking uphill in the snow 5 miles to school (both ways of course!)

—Adam

8 hours ago, natureboy said:

Seriously. Damned 'PC' culture of whiners.

Still extreme. Just not in comparison. Hitting into people to 'send a message' is potentially reckless and douchey.

Stabbing is just insane.

That's a very good question.

Yeah, that was a joke. I play golf to piss myself off not others.

Golf is like being married to a beautiful woman that can cook, change a flat tire and never turns you down. But   just for fun she slaps you around in public.

15 hours ago, shanksalot said:

Well you have to stop and think, at 61 years of age this guy does not have all that much time to play golf before he takes a dirt nap

13 hours ago, Aguirre said:

Old dudes are crazy, man. They don't give a shit, and honestly I think many of them believe that a judge will say, "Oh, he's just an old man. Here's a fine and don't stab anyone again, sir."

As a 60-year old, moderately competent player, I am neither close to a dirt nap (as far as I know), nor do I think I'm an "old dude."   However, THAT old dude is nuts!

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

15 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

What I want to know is . .how does a guy so unhinged that he stabs somebody for slow play make it to age 61 without having stabbed a bunch of people already?  Maybe we should check under his porch. 

12 hours ago, Dave2512 said:

Stabbed by crazy old guy golfing um ok. 

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

As a 60-year old, moderately competent player, I am neither close to a dirt nap (as far as I know), nor do I think I'm an "old dude."   However, THAT old dude is nuts!

Do we know for sure that everyone in the foursome is young(er)? I have a feeling that at least some of the foursome might be the same age as the perpetrator.

15 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

edit - I always have a pocket knife on me at all times . . but it's not fer stabbin'. 

Just like most people who own guns don't use them for murders or mass murders. :-P

15 hours ago, 70sSanO said:

HaHaHa!

I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe they can get that retired Oklahoma fire marshal to be the course marshal.  He draw down on anyone in those slow groups.

Golf is becoming increasingly more dangerous these days.  Gotta pick up a kevlar polo... lol.

John

Any old Kevlar isn't that good against sharp knives, just make sure you get the correct material vest. :-D

This material works better, but I'm not sure the company is still in business or not.

You'd need a high density poly.

15 hours ago, RGoosen said:

:)

I usually sit in the middle of the fairway with my legs crossed or act like I'm taking a nap waiting on the slow group in front of me.  If that doesn't work I just skip the hole and leave them in the dust.

I actually fell asleep in my cart with my legs sticking out the front of the cart a little while ago, and one of the foursome in front of me drove back down the fairway and woke me up asking if I would like to play through. :-D

This is one of the reasons I decided to concurrently restart some of my other more "exciting" sports. . . :-D

• Upvote 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

3 hours ago, ol 3 putts said:

Yeah, that was a joke. I play golf to piss myself off not others.

Sorry, should have assumed that given the general thread response, but some on the site in other threads have indicated they aren't against 'sending an airmail message' to slow players. :beer:

• Upvote 1

Kevin

Just now, natureboy said:

Sorry, should have assumed that given the general thread response, but some on the site in other threads have indicated they aren't against 'sending an airmail message' to slow players. :beer:

This is just the usual joke, but as far as I remember never actually implemented on purpose. The key phrase is "on purpose".

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I don't know why the world has to be so uncivilized.

When there's a dispute at my club - whether it be slow play, hitting into another group, unruly behavior, or accusations of outright cheating - I'd have the opposing parties participate in a duel. But instead of standing back to back with the old flintlock pistols of yesteryear, today's duels would be settled with tasers. Golf is a gentleman's game after all.

And let's face it, if watching two hotheads twitching and convulsing on the ground while soiling themselves isn't entertaining to the rest of the club membership, I don't know what is!

• Upvote 1

Jon

On 8/22/2016 at 0:26 PM, phillyk said:

Why use a knife when we have golf clubs.  My putter would work better.

... or a SW if one wants a heavy impact.   Use a driver if striking reach is important.   From a distance, throw golf balls.   What's up with carrying a knife to a golf course?   :hmm:

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

5 hours ago, rkim291968 said:

... or a SW if one wants a heavy impact.   Use a driver if striking reach is important.   From a distance, throw golf balls.

It was established in an earlier post that the new 460cc heads are not dense enough to do any damage. I would think it would be like hitting someone with a hollowed out softball on the end of a stick. . . Not really, but that's kind of the impression I got reading about the effectiveness of a modern driver in a fight. :-D

5 hours ago, rkim291968 said:

What's up with carrying a knife to a golf course?   :hmm:

Yeah, kind of like CCW on a golf course. :-D

Although, it sounded like a "pocket knife" which brings to mind a Swiss Army knife or something. . .

Swiss-Army-Classic-Knife.jpg

article-1111407-0301DE2D000005DC-21_468x

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

7 hours ago, rkim291968 said:

... or a SW if one wants a heavy impact.   Use a driver if striking reach is important.   From a distance, throw golf balls.   What's up with carrying a knife to a golf course?   :hmm:

Driver does seem inadequate since it's got a big head on it but a 3 iron for those who carry would do just fine I imagine. Better yet, just get a cattle prod. It can fit in the bag and doesn't count against you as a club. A lil ol zap to the zipper fly area ought to adjust a persons attitude right quick. 

Note: This thread is 2764 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!