IGNORED

NHL 2016-17

iacas
Note: This thread is 2449 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, billchao said:

Good luck building a team around that.

Yeah. That's what I was thinking.

13.3 would be just over 150% of Crosby's AAV.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yeah. That's what I was thinking.

13.3 would be just over 150% of Crosby's AAV.

Crosby took a discount, too, because he understood how the business works. He was worth more than 8.7 at the time of his signing when Ovi was already making 9.5.

Maybe McDavid's agent told him to make as much money as he can because he's never winning a cup in Edmonton ;-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, billchao said:

Crosby took a discount, too, because he understood how the business works.

Right. That's the point I'm making. :-)

13.3 or something wouldn't be a terrible idea IF the salary cap was exploding. But it's been rising slowly.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Well, when Sid signed his deal his percentage of the cap was roughly around 17% of the Pens total player budget. McDavids contract would be slightly (less than 1%) more.   I'm hoping that he's smart enough to look at what's going on in Chicago and tread wisely.  

But I also know Chiarelli likes to spend money, so I'm not all that hopeful.  

Corey

https://www.nhl.com/news/montreal-canadiens-sign-carey-price-to-contract-extension/c-290273848?tid=278542340

McDavid for 13mil is starting to sound better and better, considering the alternative places you can spend your cap space. It's a good thing Montreal didn't need a 1C or anything.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
2 hours ago, billchao said:

https://www.nhl.com/news/montreal-canadiens-sign-carey-price-to-contract-extension/c-290273848?tid=278542340

McDavid for 13mil is starting to sound better and better, considering the alternative places you can spend your cap space. It's a good thing Montreal didn't need a 1C or anything.

Crazy.

Almost 15% of the cap to a goalie.

8 years, $12.5 per season for McDavid.  It's going to be tough to build around that, but it could have been worse.  

Corey

Just now, Warren Zevon said:

8 years, $12.5 per season for McDavid.  It's going to be tough to build around that, but it could have been worse.  

Yea, he could be a 30 year old goalie ;-)

• Upvote 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 2449 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!