IGNORED

Warrior Golf Tournament Palm Springs

Hacker James
Note: This thread is 2770 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I got an email invite to a celebrity tournament sponsored by Warrior Golf in December at Palm Springs, CA. $350 entry includes golf, cart, driving range, $500 worth of merchandise including a set of wedges, hosted cocktails, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and the "Warrior Girls", music. and I think they are also giving away some fairway woods. Something about a silent auction (whatever that means)  They gave a list of the celebs, none of which I recognize other than the name Lee Elder. Sounds fun. Anyone interested, I could probably send you the link, or maybe some have also received the same invite that I did.  I recently got two dozen golf balls from them. FWIW, they are not bad. I like the SS with Balata/Suryln covers, the other is a distance ball with Titanium and Lithium/Surlyn cover, which is also "not bad". 

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

I like those balls also. The warrior clubs not so much though. I've seen warrior wedges on Amazon for $25. Those clubs, decent chance you won't want to use them. 

You are probably right concerning the wedges.  I am using a 3 iron set of Tom Watson wedges I got years go. I think they were made by Adams Golf. They work pretty well for me.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

35 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

Think they would take a post dated check?

I thought you were the guest of honor????

?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

1 minute ago, 14ledo81 said:

I thought you were the guest of honor????

?

I'm more of an ambassador...

Just now, CarlSpackler said:

I wonder why I didn't get my celeb invite. I guess not everyone knows I'm down here yet. 

Maybe it is because you are a Florida caliber Warrior pro vs the California unknown..

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Given some of the negative commentary regarding this company, I do not know what to make of it other than what is. Others say they were pressured into buying products, but so far, I have not been. I ordered their "free" golf balls and that was it. I did have to pay $19.95 for sales and handling, but for two dozen balls, I took the chance. Still; waiting for the other shoe to drop, but as I said, have not received any solicitations from them other than this tournament. Is it worth it?  I have no idea. It just sounds like a fun outing and well within driving range for us. I would have to read the link again, but IIRC, it is also a charity event.  Pricey?  Yeah, probably, but I've nothing to compare it with as I have not participated in any competition for years. I think the most I ever paid for green fees was $125, but I really do not remember where or when that was.  Sometimes I suffer from chronic C.R.S.  (and an occasional bout of naivety).

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

Okay.....I took a closer look at this. It is being held at The Cimmaron Resort. Daily green fees are only $29 - $33. So I guess that makes this tournament not all that viable. While they are giving away a grab bag valued at over $500 (according to them); does not seem appealing. The course is also home to Dave Pelz Short Game Academy.  There is a 2 man scramble being offered on the course website for only $29 or something which includes a dinner.  Slope is only 112 from middle tees, up to I believe 69.7/121 on championship (I think, without looking it up again).  so....I PASS!  I guess being "naive" is an understatement on my part. Apparently this is an annual event for past 16 years?

"James"

$350 in tournament fees for a supposed charity event that has been going on for 16 years, using dead pro golfers that might have been there for promotion. Offering breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as a opportunity to buy a time share...

500 bux grab bag... That would be 7 wedges, 5 hybrids, 20 boxes of balls. 5 pack of gloves, awe let's call it 10. Set of irons and a few putters... and probably more.  If you go, take pics and you better bring a truck.

26 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

$350 in tournament fees for a supposed charity event that has been going on for 16 years, using dead pro golfers that might have been there for promotion. Offering breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as a opportunity to buy a time share...

500 bux grab bag... That would be 7 wedges, 5 hybrids, 20 boxes of balls. 5 pack of gloves, awe let's call it 10. Set of irons and a few putters... and probably more.  If you go, take pics and you better bring a truck.

They can't sell the crap, so they might as well give it away...

....you just pay postage and handling.  ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

48 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

ha ha....that about covers it. I find no evidence of Lee Elder's having passed away however. He was born in 1934 according to wikipedia. The Tournament will be in its 12th year. Most of the celebs mentioned, I have not heard of, but I am sure many would have. @No Mulligans has played the course(s) there and says he will again. I am not going to the event, but I may check out the course as far as their normal green fees/hotel stay goes. I would expect the hotel rates to be similar to places like Holiday Inn, Best Western e.t.c.  I don't know about any time shares. Basically, its tantamount to their selling a few clubs. Another offering is that the first 80 who pay up, will also get a fairway wood of their choice, but it will be "mailed" to them.  Guess who will more than likely have to pay for postage? At the bottom of the notification I got, was a mail link to "forward".  I imagine that anyone who has ever purchased from them, or supplied them an email address, got this invite as well.  The Kool Aid, has lost its appeal, me boomerang wont come back, and don't leave your chewing gum on the bed post over night. (anybody knows that song, your age is also showing).

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

30 minutes ago, David in FL said:

They can't sell the crap, so they might as well give it away...

....you just pay postage and handling.  ;-)

Or just con them to pay $350 for a $75 scramble. Pocket the $275 and send the participants home with unsellable inventory...

Note: This thread is 2770 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!