IGNORED

Chiropractor Kills Playmate

iacas
Note: This thread is 2080 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think that chiropractic is borderline quackery. I dont know why so many people swear by them. Im not letting somebody who got a certificate from onlineU or something mess around with my neck and spinal cord... 

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Groucho Valentine said:

I think that chiropractic is borderline quackery. I dont know why so many people swear by them. Im not letting somebody who got a certificate from onlineU or something mess around with my neck and spinal cord... 

Some are actual medical professionals. Not all or maybe even most.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Borderline? 😂

To be fair, some are pretty decent, but agree with the onlineU thing. OTOH, surgery back in the 1860s comprised of drafting butchers from their shops and putting them in front of injured soldiers. 😏

A PT under the guidance of an Ortho would be much safer with a pinched nerve in the neck.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

On 10/21/2016 at 1:17 PM, iacas said:

The value doesn't seem to be there either. Chiropractors seem to rely on you coming back every week or so for your regularly scheduled "adjustment."

Surgery you likely need. An adjustment to your neck, well, probably not.

It’s really that simple. Chances are the ‘pain’ from her pinched nerve was what most (well it’s declining) would consider a simple annoyance. Tolerance to illness and/pain has become minimal. So sad this happened nonetheless. But very unlikely any intervention was necessary.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator

I’ve been debating seeing an actual chiropractor simply because my neck issue from three years ago is not much better.

But I still haven’t gone because I think my next step is to force the insurance to cover an MRI. See if it’s soft tissue that just never gets a chance to rest/reviver/stop being aggravated or if there’s a structural issue.

It’s nearly impossible to “rest” your neck and live a normal life. Even sleeping can screw with it.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 hours ago, iacas said:

I’ve been debating seeing an actual chiropractor simply because my neck issue from three years ago is not much better.

But I still haven’t gone because I think my next step is to force the insurance to cover an MRI. See if it’s soft tissue that just never gets a chance to rest/reviver/stop being aggravated or if there’s a structural issue.

It’s nearly impossible to “rest” your neck and live a normal life. Even sleeping can screw with it.

That is an excellent Idea. Find out as much as you can about the injury. Knowledge is power and that knowledge can help you make better decisions

I had some neck issues last year. I made sure I looked at the x ray and understood the problem. In my case it was bone on bone which greatly reduced my mobility. 

One of the problems with Chiropractors in my opinion is that are usually working around tight muscles which may hold the vertebra in place or out of place. I found  stretching out the muscles first, can go a long way in helping to lengthen the spine. 

Personally I used a neck stretcher to lengthen my cervical spine. It is a  blowup pillow I got on Amazon. It goes around the neck and it has a squeezer that you hold onto to pump up the pillow. Over time I slowly pumped it up and stretched my neck muscles. Once those were lengthened, the cervical spine began to stretch and the spaces between the vertebrae came back. It sounds like a popping noise as the spine stretches, but that is nothing to worry about

6 hours ago, iacas said:

I agree with getting an MRI. I’m not a fan of chiropractic intervention when it  comes to the neck. I have better confidence and better results when referring to spine/neurosurgeons for such matters. And if necessary, neck surgeries generally have better results than back procedures. But an MRI is usually diagnostic as to determine if the issue is cervical spine/nerve issues or muscular. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I agree with getting an MRI. I’m not a fan of chiropractic intervention when it  comes to the neck. I have better confidence and better results when referring to spine/neurosurgeons for such matters. And if necessary, neck surgeries generally have better results than back procedures. But an MRI is usually diagnostic as to determine if the issue is cervical spine/nerve issues or muscular. 

Yeah, well, it's tough to fit into my schedule and mostly really annoying, not actually "quality of life" type stuff.

It's just been really annoying for 3-4 years now… :-P

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Yeah, well, it's tough to fit into my schedule and mostly really annoying, not actually "quality of life" type stuff.

It's just been really annoying for 3-4 years now… :-P

Completely understand this. So you have this neck issue and you play to your handicap....well now I feel pretty ridiculous.

15 hours ago, dennyjones said:

@JCrane

I realize this is an old thread but where did you find this?   This sounds like something I could use.

Go to Amazon and search for Neck Stretcher. Be careful not to overstretch the muscles. Just a few pumps over time. If you over stretch the muscles too soon, your neck will be sore. Give it a month. You first stretch the muscles, then stretch the cervical spine itself. I found it to be an amazing experience. I still use it a couple times a week

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am an avid chiropractor user. I go once a month and I love it. Since I started going 2 years ago I have never felt better. Life has dangers in everything we do, I wont let the small chance of something happening scare me away.

On 10/21/2016 at 10:52 AM, iacas said:

Those have always freaked me out. I've never had it done, and the one time they got close to doing it in physical therapy, I asked them to stop and never do that.

I don't know if you can do too much damage to your lower back. Things just aren't as mobile as your neck. I might trust a chiropractor with a lower back thing, but will maybe never do it for a neck issue.

I've actually had work on both the neck and lower back done after fairly serious injuries. The only thing that helped put the lower back in place was called the gonstead technique. In my opinion, if you have lower back problems, only go to a chiropractor that is reputable and can do the gonstead. 

More recently I had a neck issue that was resolved after one normal chiropractor visit by a young, I would almost say inexperienced chiropractor, based off his questions. Why didn't I go back to the gonstead chiropractor? Because she was super expensive and not one cent was covered by insurance, whereas the young dude was.  I do not swear by chiropractors, and don't like going but I was in severe pain and willing to try. After reading the article, I'm not sure I'd go back for the neck. Like you said, you're probably safe with the lower back. 

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:22 AM, iacas said:

I know what you mean. I slept wrong on my neck ones and it bothered me for nearly a year. I also think it was partially due to pulling a upper back muscle during a pull-up once. 

I do find the right pillow has helped me a lot. It a least keeps me from waking up with a stiff neck.

I would rather buy one of those inversion boards first, before going to a chiropractor.

I've watched a few youtube videos of a chiropractor working, and some of the adjustments are cringe worthy. There are some really miraculous results in some patients though. This one guy could not stand up straight. He walked like the hunchback of Notre Dame. He got corrected and he was able to stand up straight and gain an amazing amount of mobility in a short amount of time after. I do think there is something to this sort of thing. I would shy away from doing anything near my neck.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 2080 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!