IGNORED

The Electoral College

iacas
Note: This thread is 2731 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

https://www.change.org/p/electoral-college-electors-electoral-college-make-hillary-clinton-president-on-december-19

Not gonna happen. Last time it happened was 2004 and the guy voted for the VP candidate Edwards instead of John Kerry. He didn't vote outside his party.

Electors are chosen by the party, so 35 or so Republican electors would have to vote for Hillary.

Not gonna happen. Stupid to think it might.

Let's not talk about this election, now, please.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@iacas is there a reason people are being asked not to talk about this years election? I noticed 2 different threads yesterday get locked because people were talking politics and I actually found it quite interesting to read your guy's thoughts considering I am across the pond and only get the media's version of events. I can understand if you dont want anything to turn into political bashing and arguing etc but i didnt see that in either of those two,.....there were more insults in the kaepernick thread lol

:tmade: Driver: TM Superfast 2.0 - 9.5degree - Reg flex
:mizuno: 3 Wood: JPX800 - 16* Exhsar5 Stiff
:mizuno: 3 - PW: MP-67 Cut Muscle back - S300 stiff
:slazenger: Sand Wedge: 54degree, 12degree bounce
:slazenger: Lob Wedge: 60degree 10degree bounce
:ping: Putter: Karsten 1959 Anser 2 Toe weighted
:mizuno: Bag - Cart Style

2 hours ago, carpediem4300 said:

@iacas is there a reason people are being asked not to talk about this years election? I noticed 2 different threads yesterday get locked because people were talking politics and I actually found it quite interesting to read your guy's thoughts considering I am across the pond and only get the media's version of events. I can understand if you dont want anything to turn into political bashing and arguing etc but i didnt see that in either of those two,.....there were more insults in the kaepernick thread lol

I think that with the politcal/religious threads people will always have their own views and opinions and even though nothing insulting or bad is meant by comments threads like this can get a little out of hand. After all, we all have the right to our opinions and a lot of us stick to our guns and can offend others without realising it.

Im sure @iacas can elaborate more on this but i agree with the new grill room guidlines of no politics or relgious threads. Im sure there are many dedicated forums for this type of discussion. Besides, golf is much more fun than politics IMHO :-)

Sorry if i have overstepped the mark with this post as the question was asked to Erik.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

3 hours ago, carpediem4300 said:

Nearly every thread that has a political or religious OP has ended in flame wars, posters getting warned and general bad feelings between members who otherwise would be delighted to play golf with each other. We are a golf forum first and foremost. Erik created it for that purpose. The Sand Trap has excelled as a golf forum. We want people to visit our site to discuss golf.

The political threads give the site a bad taste at times. We mods have noticed even google searches for the site point to the political posts. That is not what The Sand Trap is about. So Erik made the decision to eliminate political and religious discussions for that reason and the moderators wholeheartedly agreed. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, RussUK said:

I think that with the politcal/religious threads people will always have their own views and opinions and even though nothing insulting or bad is meant by comments threads like this can get a little out of hand. After all, we all have the right to our opinions and a lot of us stick to our guns and can offend others without realising it.

Im sure @iacas can elaborate more on this but i agree with the new grill room guidlines of no politics or relgious threads. Im sure there are many dedicated forums for this type of discussion. Besides, golf is much more fun than politics IMHO :-)

Sorry if i have overstepped the mark with this post as the question was asked to Erik.

Guns, lol different argument ;), but yeah point well made

25 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Nearly every thread that has a political or religious OP has ended in flame wars, posters getting warned and general bad feelings between members who otherwise would be delighted to play golf with each other. We are a golf forum first and foremost. Erik created it for that purpose. The Sand Trap has excelled as a golf forum. We want people to visit our site to discuss golf.

The political threads give the site a bad taste at times. We mods have noticed even google searches for the site point to the political posts. That is not what The Sand Trap is about. So Erik made the decision to eliminate political and religious discussions for that reason and the moderators wholeheartedly agreed. 

Fair responses and makes complete sense, just thought I'd ask, I guess if people could play nice this wouldnt even be a topic of conversation

Edited by carpediem4300
added more word things

:tmade: Driver: TM Superfast 2.0 - 9.5degree - Reg flex
:mizuno: 3 Wood: JPX800 - 16* Exhsar5 Stiff
:mizuno: 3 - PW: MP-67 Cut Muscle back - S300 stiff
:slazenger: Sand Wedge: 54degree, 12degree bounce
:slazenger: Lob Wedge: 60degree 10degree bounce
:ping: Putter: Karsten 1959 Anser 2 Toe weighted
:mizuno: Bag - Cart Style

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

And yet, here we are...

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

And yet, here we are...

Where? Discussing the electoral college?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

This happens every election cycle and although I've been through a number of them, it never ceases to stun me.

My proposal to replace the Electoral College is a straight county tally.  Obviously tongue in cheek but analyzing that against a popular vote and I think the Electoral College is just fine.

IMG_20161110_090925.jpg

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Of course that is just coincidental to what the founding father's primary reason for the electoral college was. It had nothing to do with high population density.

Though the founding fathers did have qualms with population density and how representation worked with Congress, hence the House and the Senate.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 2731 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!