IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge November 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

11/09: Putted for ten minutes after a student was on the SAM, and we were waiting for the speeches.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11/09  (Part II) - range work. Mostly work with new driver. Hit some really bad ones, hit some really good ones. Irons much better today w/o topping do much. I play Wed. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

11/9 - some mirror work. I played 18 yesterday and struggled with contact at first, but got better and the round progressed.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Did 15 minutes of alternate Sklz swing trainer and Driver. As I get tired, hard to keep timing and inside-out path on track. I go back to arm swinging and rush through and over the top. After practicing, found a video to help me focus on inside out using handle of club. Gonna give it a shot tomorrow.

. . 

11/10 - 10 minutes mirror work focused on centered hip turn.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

11/10: Worked for 15 minutes after a lesson. Have to play Sunday so it's good to get some swings in. ;-)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

11/10 - low point control x 5 mins

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

1 hour ago, woodzie264 said:

11/10 - low point control x 5 mins

Hey woodzie, what's low point control? In addition to everything else, do I need it too? Lol

18 minutes ago, Mico said:

Hey woodzie, what's low point control? In addition to everything else, do I need it too? Lol

Firstly, Low point control is controlling the low point of the swing so that it is in front of the ball's position (while at address) so that you will have a descending blow on the back of the ball.  By improving your low point control, you will reduce fat and thin shots. Low Point Control is part of the 5SK (5 Simple Keys) that you will find peppered throughout TST  and Erik's book  Low Score Wins by Erik and Dave (Lowscorewins.com). There is a thread for this book in the Reading Room forum. I highly recommend it. It has been a huge help to me.

• Upvote 1

-Jonny

46 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Firstly, Low point control is controlling the low point of the swing so that it is in front of the ball's position (while at address) so that you will have a descending blow on the back of the ball.  By improving your low point control, you will reduce fat and thin shots. Low Point Control is part of the 5SK (5 Simple Keys) that you will find peppered throughout TST  and Erik's book  Low Score Wins by Erik and Dave (Lowscorewins.com). There is a thread for this book in the Reading Room forum. I highly recommend it. It has been a huge help to me.

it should be lowestscorewins.com 

• Upvote 1

-Jonny

Hi Woodzie, Thanks for being kind enough to explain the term, its origin and  your recommendation for further info.

very helpful, indeed!

best

mico

1 minute ago, Mico said:

Hi Woodzie, Thanks for being kind enough to explain the term, its origin and  your recommendation for further info.

very helpful, indeed!

best

mico

my pleasure - that's why we're here

-Jonny

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

it should be lowestscorewins.com 

I registered lowscorewins.com now too. Thanks!

P.S. It'll redirect. The -est version is the "proper" one.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, iacas said:

I registered lowscorewins.com now too. Thanks!

P.S. It'll redirect. The -est version is the "proper" one.

Sorry about that - but I guess it worked out :content:

-Jonny

11/11- kettle bell swings for balance weight shift.

grip - in the fingers, less in the palms 

stance - narrowed my stance a bit. I realized in my most recent couple of rounds, because I had been hitting irons so well, I subconsciously started to widen my stance for increased distance, but it was compromising my ball striking. I just realized that. That was also driving my increased tempo, trying to swing harder. The slightly narrow stance forced a slower, more controlled tempo/transition. Excited to go hit again!

-Jonny

20 minutes of SKlz then Driver swing. Tried this

"Pointing the handle" approach to preventing over the top didn't work for me. Instead, worked on three ideas--get to the top of back swing, move hips, and then whip the hands through. At its best, the unlocking of wrists at the end gives an extra whoosh. Can't do that consistently and I also worried about direction of the shot--face is all over the place. 

Back to youtube golf school after the swings to find a Golf Swing Release video

Let's see if this works.

Good news: El Alemán isn't playing this weekend so I get to take the new swing to the course before matching up with him

Note: This thread is 2673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!