IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge November 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2702 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Welcome to the "5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge for November, 2016! The rules are the same as always:

• Make a somewhat detailed post describing your practice every day during the month.
  • No back-dating or pre-dating posts or practice sessions.
  • On the last day of the month, if you completed the challenge, post about it, preferably in red text or something so I can notice it and give you the award.
  • Detail what you did for at least five minutes of practice (indoors or out, with or without golf balls, etc.).

Enjoy and practice hard!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11/01 - grip, stance, slow take away with focus on bigger turn while maintaining steady head, balanced weight shift through the swing

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

10 minutes mirror work. Worked on centered hip turn and diagonal sweet spot path.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

11/1: Grip work. Backswing work, focusing on left wrist (not cupping). 10 minutes or so. Range tomorrow hopefully. Likely video for submission to instructor.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

chipping and pitching work. trying to make a relaxed swing with good contact. Played  today, 80 in northwest Indiana.

• Administrator

Played 18 at Kahkwa today. Currently also one over through six with @NatalieB red tees at WW with just my six iron.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
45 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Off topic, but....

Who won? :-P

I ended up shooting +2 with just my 6-iron. Putting, everything.

She shot 47. Some really good shots and some careless, sloppy ones. She had back-to-back birdies, and made a 3 on #8 too because the tees are closed and she played it from 145 yards.

2 hours ago, iacas said:

Played 18 at Kahkwa today. Currently also one over through six with @NatalieB red tees at WW with just my six iron.

That's awesome :-P 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

18 minutes ago, iacas said:

I ended up shooting +2 with just my 6-iron. Putting, everything.

She shot 47. Some really good shots and some careless, sloppy ones. She had back-to-back birdies, and made a 3 on #8 too because the tees are closed and she played it from 145 yards.

That girl has an unbelievable swing. 

Started off November in the back yard with my old 7 iron. Started slow and short then got a little bit longer until almost a full swing. Still ingraining that feeling of staying behind the ball. Trying to figure out where I can set up my net. With the time changing next week, it will be dark early in the evening. Won't have time for the range after work. 

- Shane

11/1: I'm back in this month. Hadn't given up (proper) practice, just got a little distracted and off-track.

Five minutes focusing on hip turn with wall drill. I've tend to fall forward (towards the ball) during the swing and noticed during this drill it seemed impossible to fall forward without trying to (granted, I wasn't holding a club). I got in 10 minutes or so in the yard with my lob wedge, just easy chips and pitches, towards a few cones the kids had left in the yard.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

23 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

11/01 - grip, stance, slow take away with focus on bigger turn while maintaining steady head, balanced weight shift through the swing

11/02 - Diddo (with 7i). Yesterday I realized my tempo was off, so was being conscientious of that as well.

-Jonny

I'm 62, fat and out of shape. I feel part of practice is being able to do the drills to make you better. So for part of my monthly challenge  i'm doing golf related work out for 30 - 48 min. , 3 days a week. I'm using Kia fitness for golf. Today was day one. Hope this is acceptable.

11/02 (Part II) - practice 9 holes with my 8yo son. Driver was crap, irons mediocre. My tempo was off - needed to slow down

-Jonny

11/2 - 15 minutes mirror work at the gym. Focused on centered hip turn (getting my right hip to move slightly forward) and diagonal swing path per my Evolvr lesson last month. I will keep working these two pieces for a while.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

11/2: 20 minutes in the front yard with my lob wedge. Ultra slow-mo, to slow-mo, to easy swings, focusing on hip-turn and making sure I don't sway back. Determined to be a stupid monkey about this.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

• Administrator

11/02 - Hit about 20 balls in between a bunch of lessons today. Currently focusing on maintaining a little bit more "structure" at the top.

Note: This thread is 2702 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!