IGNORED

Why did Trump win the election?

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 2747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am sitting here looking at the election and not surprised that Donald Trump won it.

I think that people despise liars more than anything and Clinton lied habitually like the American people are idiot sheep and can't figure it out. Simple lies like claiming to be a Yankee fan when running for office in NY and then recently claiming to be a cub fan all her life. This screams sell out even if it's as meaningless as baseball. Chameleonesk behavior.

Donald Trump behaved like a sleazey dumbass and a blowhard most of his life but he did own up to it. Besides the devils we already know are easier to swallow anyway, right?

Secondly, the media to me, was ignoring stories about Clinton, bullying Trump and supporters, in a blatant attempt to control the outcome of election which I also could see offended people, not out spoken about it but quietly disgusted according to some that discussed politics with me.

Third, Clinton's own political supporters evaded questions on whether or not Clinton could be be trusted and appeared unpatriotic fairly often.

This was my perception of the election, I didn't like either one of them but I am not a fan of either one's behavior.

I really wish we could have waited for better candidates.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Truthfully I am surprised (shocked, really), but at the same time I really shouldn't be.

We're a spiraling country at the citizens' level. We're getting dumber, slower, increasing in entitlement because we are "Americans," while wanting to put in less effort. I see this every... single... day. 

So when a candidate with a big mouth, and an OPEN personality that screams gun-slinging, arrogant, trigger-happy, misogynistic, and manipulative of course the mouth-breathing Americans come out of the woodwork and get on board.

I never liked Hillary. But I voted for her because I'm afraid of what's to come with Trump. Sure there's limits to what he can do but as a late twenty-something on the climb I feel like this is a bad time for this to be happening. I don't know if there will really be a "s*** just hit the fan" moment in his presidency (however long that may last) but it's going to be difficult for everyone, I'm sure. 

But maybe I'm part of the problem. Maybe I'm the one resisting change. I just wish it could have been someone a LITTLE less radical. 

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

Ive said in another thread, the world has been to far to the left for too long, and the only sensible rebellion is to go to the polar opposite and the right, its happening all over the world, facist politicians are on the rise because people feel they have no other options to end the reign of the left liberal, once people realise that life aint fair, people are equal but also different, then we may reach a middle ground, 

:tmade: Driver: TM Superfast 2.0 - 9.5degree - Reg flex
:mizuno: 3 Wood: JPX800 - 16* Exhsar5 Stiff
:mizuno: 3 - PW: MP-67 Cut Muscle back - S300 stiff
:slazenger: Sand Wedge: 54degree, 12degree bounce
:slazenger: Lob Wedge: 60degree 10degree bounce
:ping: Putter: Karsten 1959 Anser 2 Toe weighted
:mizuno: Bag - Cart Style

Voters (especially white, working class ones) don't know what they want, so they voted for whatever was different. That's it.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

31 minutes ago, jkelley9 said:

So when a candidate with a big mouth, and an OPEN personality that screams gun-slinging, arrogant, trigger-happy, misogynistic, and manipulative of course the mouth-breathing Americans come out of the woodwork and get on board.

I guess this is a reason. Maybe Americans are tired of shady politicians they don't know and are okay with a transparent pervert? You are using terms that could offend a lot of people. What if you are the mouth breathing manipulated American? Seemed like there was a lot of information fed by the liberal media trying to destroy Trump and a lack of coverage on Clinton's past behavior.

1 hour ago, Valleygolfer said:

I am sitting here looking at the election and not surprised that Donald Trump won it.

I think that people despise liars more than anything and Clinton lied habitually like the American people are idiot sheep and can't figure it out. Simple lies like claiming to be a Yankee fan when running for office in NY and then recently claiming to be a cub fan all her life. This screams sell out even if it's as meaningless as baseball. Chameleonesk behavior.

Donald Trump behaved like a sleazey dumbass and a blowhard most of his life but he did own up to it. Besides the devils we already know are easier to swallow anyway, right?

Secondly, the media to me, was ignoring stories about Clinton, bullying Trump and supporters, in a blatant attempt to control the outcome of election which I also could see offended people, not out spoken about it but quietly disgusted according to some that discussed politics with me.

Third, Clinton's own political supporters evaded questions on whether or not Clinton could be be trusted and appeared unpatriotic fairly often.

This was my perception of the election, I didn't like either one of them but I am not a fan of either one's behavior.

I really wish we could have waited for better candidates.

I'm really surprised. I was already conceding defeat the day before. My question is did the media actually plant this doubt even though the data stated otherwise, or was it my theory of "I'm not going to say who I'm voting for because I'll be lumped in by Clinton's political machine as an uneducated racist white man?"

I'm still kind of upset that Trump supporters are lumped in as uneducated, dumb and xenophobic whites, which at least 2 of the 3 I'm possibly not. :whistle:

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I believe that people are really fed up with the traditional politics.   It showed that people are ready for a change.  The networks were reporting that people that were disillusioned with both candidates were more likely to vote for Trump.  

I thought I heard Hillary won the popular vote.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Just now, dennyjones said:

I believe that people are really fed up with the traditional politics.   It showed that people are ready for a change.  The networks were reporting that people that were disillusioned with both candidates were more likely to vote for Trump.  

I thought I heard Hillary won the popular vote.   

Yeah USA Today is showing  59,166,405 votes for Clinton and  59,029,912 votes for Trump.

I'll second that the majority of people are fed up with lifetime politician's and their ilk.  

Anyone think that all those celebrities that said they would leave the Country if Trump won, will actually follow up on their threats?

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/305117-celebs-who-said-theyd-leave-country-if-trump-won

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Will they heck as like,.....none of them have balls

:tmade: Driver: TM Superfast 2.0 - 9.5degree - Reg flex
:mizuno: 3 Wood: JPX800 - 16* Exhsar5 Stiff
:mizuno: 3 - PW: MP-67 Cut Muscle back - S300 stiff
:slazenger: Sand Wedge: 54degree, 12degree bounce
:slazenger: Lob Wedge: 60degree 10degree bounce
:ping: Putter: Karsten 1959 Anser 2 Toe weighted
:mizuno: Bag - Cart Style

1 minute ago, jsgolfer said:

Yeah USA Today is showing  59,166,405 votes for Clinton and  59,029,912 votes for Trump.

I'll second that the majority of people are fed up with lifetime politician's and their ilk.  

Anyone think that all those celebrities that said they would leave the Country if Trump won, will actually follow up on their threats?

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/305117-celebs-who-said-theyd-leave-country-if-trump-won

I absolutely hope so, for the majority of the ones I saw say that I say good riddance. To be fair though, I feel the same way about people who said they'd leave the country if Hillary won also. People who would leave because of who was elected wouldn't be missed.

On topic, I was actually surprised when I came to work and saw that he won. I went to bed pretty sure that Hillary would win but not really caring either way. I didn't even look at any news or Facebook yesterday and didn't intentionally see it this morning at work, but when I pulled up a browser to log in to a work website it was the first thing that showed up. All I can say is it's going to be a wild ride the next 4 years and I hope to hell we get some real qualified and worthwhile candidates next election.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I actually feel bad for liberals, the ones who are sincere and American at least. You should be pissed, you were fed a pile of sh!t from your Party leadership, you were handed the most worthless unlikable corrupt candidate ever, who had so many holes in her story that she couldn’t hardly defeat Bernie Sanders in the primary. A man who has accomplished nothing in his life on his own….I would be mad as well.

The truth is I am not happy with Trump, he is flawed for sure and now we will be forced to find out what he truly believes.

The DNC and the partners in crime the RNC, are the losers, the establishment, the lifers, the inside the beltway people. These are the ones who created Trump and ultimately made him win. The rank and file are not all that different. Sure the Dems are misguided and don’t understand how big complex things work but for the most parts you mean well. The rednecks from the other side… well they are fine enough folks but at the end of the day all they want to do is work, live well and get Uncle Sam off their backs.

This election is about correcting 20 years of abuse by government, the PC crowd, the fact they are in our bedrooms and bathrooms, the over regulation, the refusal to protect our borders, the refusal to take care of the US, the failure to show any balls dealing with our associates around the world, the over regulation of our businesses and lives…the list could go on.

At the end of the night this was a huge middle finger to the leadership of both parties from both parties and I personally am proud to be a part of that.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

25 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

I guess this is a reason. Maybe Americans are tired of shady politicians they don't know and are okay with a transparent pervert? You are using terms that could offend a lot of people. What if you are the mouth breathing manipulated American? Seemed like there was a lot of information fed by the liberal media trying to destroy Trump and a lack of coverage on Clinton's past behavior.

I went a little overboard on my character description, I'll give you that. I'm on board with the whole changing traditional politics and "stirring the pot." I was all for that for the past 18 months. Sure, I was hoping he would be eliminated in the process or bow-out - but clearly that did not happen.

So with that side of things, I'm trying to remain optimistic. However, I think my comment as a whole explains some of the reason why DT won. NOT that EVERY DT supporter is a mouth-breathing idiot. A lot of them are not. But as a contributor to why he won, I certainly think that group of Americans contributed heavily to his winning.

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

• iacas locked this topic
  • iacas unlocked this topic

Largely uneducated, rural white people voted against their interests for a candidate that was "anti-Establishment".
They will now get an administration which is full of politically established players-Christie, Guiliani & gingrich.

But these voters and the GOP now have both houses and the presidency. Dont complain when after 4 years America is not great !

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

15 minutes ago, Elmer said:

Largely uneducated, rural white people voted against their interests for a candidate that was "anti-Establishment".
They will now get an administration which is full of politically established players-Christie, Guiliani & gingrich.

But these voters and the GOP now have both houses and the presidency. Dont complain when after 4 years America is not great !

Constantly denigrating the people who voted/supported Trump by calling them uneducated or other put downs isn't helpful and definitely not needed. Some of what I heard/read today showed that Hillary simply didn't garner enough of the other voting demographics as people originally anticipated. It seems that there really was a large silent contingent out there who were pro Trump that nobody knew about. In the end we have who we have in office and the only thing we can do is hope that the future is better. If not, then we need a better class of candidate to come up for the election next time. Nobody knows what is going to happen over the next 4 years, are you going to eat crow if after 4 years America is more prosperous? Overall, I continue to be disappointed that we ended up with the choice that we did, and I did abstain from voting because I could not be comfortable endorsing either candidate. Though, admittedly, had I been forced to choose, I would have went with Trump.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

2 hours ago, Lefty-Golfer said:

The truth is I am not happy with Trump, he is flawed for sure and now we will be forced to find out what he truly believes.

The DNC and the partners in crime the RNC, are the losers, the establishment, the lifers, the inside the beltway people. These are the ones who created Trump and ultimately made him win. The rank and file are not all that different. Sure the Dems are misguided and don’t understand how big complex things work but for the most parts you mean well. The rednecks from the other side… well they are fine enough folks but at the end of the day all they want to do is work, live well and get Uncle Sam off their backs.

I think his election speech gives away his true self. He's a businessman. He'll change whatever he has to to make this country great again.

I used to work in a coffee shop in DC as a teen. I started off in awe that I was able to work around such powerful and charismatic leaders until heard all the stuff these politicians actually think about their public. I quit after hearing a week of that crap and rode packages around on a bicycle in the Boston Area for more money and none of the BS.

Trump for sure is not part of this establishment. I don't really care that he is part of the rich nobility since he and his family earned their place by hook or crook. What I am against is voting for people to become part of the same type of nobility.

I prefer someone who can actually make proper business decisions.

Our country is in a much more dire state than many understand. If you mean that liberals are the ones that vote based upon feelings and emotional guidance, then they are naturally scared of Trump because the established politicians made them think that way. The political lifers are the ones that should really be scared. Not the general public.

Trump won simply because many people are sick of the lifer politicians and their offspring whom are being molded into the same by getting into the best schools and given the best private or "public" education while letting the rest of us rot.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Why?  The U.S. Supreme Court.  

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

12 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Constantly denigrating the people who voted/supported Trump by calling them uneducated or other put downs isn't helpful and definitely not needed. Some of what I heard/read today showed that Hillary simply didn't garner enough of the other voting demographics such as people originally anticipated. It seems that there really was a large silent contingent out there who were pro Trump that nobody knew about. In the end we have who we have in office and the only thing we can do is hope that the future is better. If not, then we need a better class of candidate to come up for the election next time. Nobody knows what is going to happen over the next 4 years, are you going to eat crow if after 4 years America is more prosperous? Overall, I continue to be disappointed that we ended up with the choice that we did, and I did abstain from voting because I could not be comfortable endorsing either candidate. Though, admittedly, had I been forced to choose, I would have went with Trump.

The bold is what I felt all along, just from conversations with people. People could not discuss where they stood because of bullying by media and Clinton followers. Anyone who was not pro Clinton was a "mouth breather," as was stated before, or some other expletive. People who publicly supported Trump were attacked on the street as well. No one wants to be bullied. I think it pushed people who were on the fence towards Trump.

My non voting friend was also happy with the outcome. He never votes for anything though.

2 hours ago, jkelley9 said:

So with that side of things, I'm trying to remain optimistic. However, I think my comment as a whole explains some of the reason why DT won. NOT that EVERY DT supporter is a mouth-breathing idiot. A lot of them are not. But as a contributor to why he won, I certainly think that group of Americans contributed heavily to his winning.

Every politician that wins pulls a group that may or may not be the most educated voters.

5 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

The bold is what I felt all along, just from conversations with people. People could not discuss where they stood because of bullying by media and Clinton followers. Anyone who was not pro Clinton was a "mouth breather," as was stated before, or some other expletive. People who publicly supported Trump were attacked on the street as well. No one wants to be bullied. I think it pushed people who were on the fence towards Trump.

My non voting friend was also happy with the outcome. He never votes for anything though.

I wouldn't say I was/am happy. I'm just less disappointed. It's like being asked if you want to get shot in the hand or foot. Both will heal but you just have to figure out which one you can deal with better until then.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 2747 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!