Sign in to follow this  
Bluenoser67

Best and worst Nicknames in Golf

Note: This thread is 3702 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

35 posts / 23794 viewsLast Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

my name's daniel, and i have a passing resemblance to john goodman, so a lot of my friends that i play with call me "big dan" after his character in "o brother where art thou?" i don't really feel one way or other about it, i don't suppose.

Zinger - Paul Azinger
Gentle Ben - Ben Crenshaw
Merry Mex - Lee Trevino
Boss of the Moss - Loren Roberts
Laddie - Gary Player

My two faves of all time have to be Golden Bear and the Walrus.

My nicknames are 'Golf Tan', or 'The Cannon'. 'Golf Tan' is because, of course, I have a pretty mean golf tan. Forearms, neck, and below the knees are nice and tan. Upper arms, torso, and my upper legs are so white, if you stare at them for more than 15 seconds you will be snow blinded.

'The Cannon' because I can blast it out there pretty good, but also have a temper if I play pretty bad

I like Tim Herron's nickname. I've always liked the guy. I also like The Golden Bear (Jack Nicklaus), Fluff (Jim Furyk's caddy. I love Jim Furyk), and Lefty of course. (Phil Mickelson)

Throw in there The Walrus (Craig Stadler), The Squire (Gene Sarazen), Boom-Boom (Fred Couples), and El Nino (Sergio Garcia).

The worst nickname is Alice, whenever a male's putt ends up significantly short. Unless you're talking to a certain "golf monster," in which case calling him 'Alice' is perfectly acceptable.

Haha, I think 'Alice' is the best. Especially when you're playing with two older guys who are always on each other's cases and constantly calling each other that. Hilarious.

Zinger - Paul Azinger

Ha, someone beat me to it!

Definitely my favorite golf nickname is "The Boss of the Moss" !! Worst nickname is probably "the big wiesy" (i'm hoping still that its a joke or it doesn't stick)

I believe that a good "golf name" is as important to golf as any piece of equipment and since I believe that Tiger's is the best.

A "Tiger" is an animal that takes no prisoners and "Woods" is a particular piece of golf equipment so that makes for a great combo in a Golf name.

So I have chosen for myself the golf name of Elephant Irons. It fits rather well since I am over 300 lbs. I even have a hat and golf towel with the name on it.

My brother has since adopted the moniker of Buffalo Balls.

Best: Kevin Stadler: Walrus

FWIW, Craig Stadler is known as The Walrus. I don't know of any nickname that's stuck for his son, Kevin.......

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow I can't believe noone mentioned "The Walrus". Of course now he looks more like John Goodman.

lol, I think you were just comparing him to Mike Holmgren, not John Goodman.

Wasn't Craig Perry called Popeye

I was given the name Banny Rooster because I never really stop moving. That has been shortened to Rooster or Brooster.

lol, I think you were just comparing him to Mike Holmgren, not John Goodman.

As a Seahawks fan, I feel obliged to observe that... Huh, Mike (The OTHER Walrus) does do a mean John Goodman.

As a Seahawks fan, I feel obliged to observe that... Huh, Mike (The OTHER Walrus) does do a mean John Goodman.

Gah, what a dunderhead mistake I made. I just did a search for him real quick to get a picture. I thought the one on the right was him with a shaved mustache. My bad.

padraig harrington's, "paddy", is probly the worst nickname on tour.

Not really a nickname... it's his name. Like calling John "Johnny".

No one's mentioned "Lefty" yet.

Note: This thread is 3702 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!