IGNORED

GX-7: A Reputable Outfit?

Note: This thread is 1870 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 hours ago, Melbourne said:

Hey Spullin,

I had the same issues for about the last month or so , had a lesson but my fade was still causing a few issues. I had tried a couple of different things with my grip and swing and this is where it had all started to become frustrating. Last night I decided to go back to not listening to anyone and go back to my own personal comfortable grip and slow my swing down and BANG back to consistently knocking it down the middle. Won our twilight comp last night so I am back to being extremely happy with my purchase. I might not always drive it as far as the bigger hitters but for me it was about being on the cut stuff more often which in turn helps the next shot. I play with and watch so many older players just keep knocking down the middle and still setting themselves up for a birdie or par putt!

Cheers

Your experience (with your "natural" swing) validates what is discussed in the LAW's. You've learned (through trial and error) what works for your body. Teachers who don't take differences of physical characteristics into account do a great disservice to their students. They try to cram everyone into a "one size fits all" swing. In the end, you can't escape your shape...

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Spooky said:

Your experience (with your "natural" swing) validates what is discussed in the LAW's. You've learned (through trial and error) what works for your body. Teachers who don't take differences of physical characteristics into account do a great disservice to their students. They try to cram everyone into a "one size fits all" swing. In the end, you can't escape your shape...

a) Not all teachers "try to cram everyone" into one swing.
b) Let's stick to the topic here, eh?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 months later...
On 20/12/2016 at 4:14 AM, GX7 X-Metal said:

Thanks for your comment. The order form would have let you know that the order is on a pre-sale, and would start to ship out the week of December 12th. We did have about a week delay, and should be in hopefully this week. You can message me directly, to make sure that our support team has responded to your email. We are in the office Monday through Friday from 8-5 CST, so anything over the weekend is normally responded to the following business day. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Hi,

I placed an order one month ago... The items are blocked by the local customs because of missing invoice.

Since one week I'm unable to get an invoice from this company Apparently their computer does'nt allow to produce an invoice with the correct items shipped.. 

The staff sent a "manual invoice" without any informations regarding the company, no logo... Incredible but true !!! I'm really surprised this type of company still exists..

Information

Parcel #: 1 of 1
CJ546472362US (Click To Track)
 Item #  Qty Shipped  Description
 GX714SRHM 1  RH 14 Degree GX7 Stiff Flex
 iRT24SRHM 1  iRT-24 Loft Stiff Flex Right Hand Mens

Please help me
Thank you

• 4 months later...

Anyone even thinking of buying a teeless driver, should be ashamed of themselves. 

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I purchased the GX-7 a while back (9 months ago) on the recommendation of a golfing friend of mine who knew of the physical roadblock in my reentry to golf. There was no problem with either the company or the quality of the club.  I am able to consistently his over 210 yards with the club with a slight draw. I am a senior with a 80-85 club speed, so I am, for now, happy with the purchase.  No monthly fee ever hit my card.  I have, since that time, purchased a "true" driver I am learning to control.  I had that club shortened to the GX-7 length.  While the driver is very good for me, I see no great difference.  

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

1st time poster checking in because I need to say how much I absolutely LOVE this club. Took it to the driving range for the first time today and directly compared it to my Cobra F6 that I purchased this year. I had the Cobra pre-adjusted for maximum loft and put the weight in the back. 

I can't get the Cobra in the air consistently no matter how hard I try. Part of it might be that I'm not teeing it up high enough. 

The GX-7 felt dramatically different. Dramatically. The shorter shaft and club head made me feel like I could just go up and rip it rather than have to be perfect with mechanics. I was consistently hitting over 200 yard with a few reaching 250 after the ball was done rolling. It was honestly the most fun I've had at a driving range since I was a kid.

Maybe all I needed was to get fitted for my F6 (I'm 5'7") and get longer tees, but regardless, I'm gonna sell the F6 and make the GX7 my ride or die. I was extremely skeptical that it was all a marketing gimmick but it's honestly not. It's really, really good.

6 hours ago, MikeAmmo said:

I was consistently hitting over 200 yard with a few reaching 250 after the ball was done rolling.

The ONLY way I know how far I hit a drive is to click on my GPS and then walk to the ball. The other day I caught and swore it was probably 260 to 280 range... it was only 256. When I go to the range I can only speculate on how far a drive might roll out.

Also, don't forget that most range balls at best have very low compression and won't fly as far as a ball you'd have in your bag. Add to that the fact that driving ranges often don't mow low, which means ball roll is reduced.

13 hours ago, Carl3 said:

The ONLY way I know how far I hit a drive is to click on my GPS and then walk to the ball. The other day I caught and swore it was probably 260 to 280 range... it was only 256. When I go to the range I can only speculate on how far a drive might roll out.

I was trusting the markers. The markers were at 185 and 240, so I was eyeballing it.

• 6 months later...
On 1/18/2018 at 10:27 AM, Melbourne said:

Hey Spullin,

I had the same issues for about the last month or so , had a lesson but my fade was still causing a few issues. I had tried a couple of different things with my grip and swing and this is where it had all started to become frustrating. Last night I decided to go back to not listening to anyone and go back to my own personal comfortable grip and slow my swing down and BANG back to consistently knocking it down the middle. Won our twilight comp last night so I am back to being extremely happy with my purchase. I might not always drive it as far as the bigger hitters but for me it was about being on the cut stuff more often which in turn helps the next shot. I play with and watch so many older players just keep knocking down the middle and still setting themselves up for a birdie or par putt!

Cheers

Hello M of Melbourne,

A bit late for this request I know.

Are you still using your GX-7? I am near the Gold Coast and am considering 

a GX purchase. The freight and exchange rate add a bit to the US price.

I am a hack at best and am looking to improve my golf. All of the info seems to be positive. Is this still the case with you?

Many thanks and regards,

Dennis

15 minutes ago, Dennis JA said:

Hello M of Melbourne,

A bit late for this request I know.

Are you still using your GX-7? I am near the Gold Coast and am considering 

a GX purchase. The freight and exchange rate add a bit to the US price.

I am a hack at best and am looking to improve my golf. All of the info seems to be positive. Is this still the case with you?

Many thanks and regards,

Dennis

Hey there Dennis,  never to late but I have since sold my GX7 clubs , with the money I won I actually went and brought a M4 Taylormade Driver.

I used the same technique as I had been and slowed my swing down and set up for a bit of a draw , and it had been going ok and going further than i was hitting the GX7

So I now think it doesn't really matter , a shit swing is always going to be a shit swing and no club will fix that! hahahahaha I still fade a few but thats when i know I am swinging to hard.

Im not saying it didn't help because it really seemed like it did at the start there. Im happy with using the driver now some days are better then others but as they say that's Golf! 

So up to you really but maybe take a demo driver out and slow down and see how that goes.

cheers

Note: This thread is 1870 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!