IGNORED

Old clubs, any value?

Note: This thread is 2655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a set of irons 3-9, S, W, and I believe the Brand is "Unique" as it says on the back. On the sole where it says the club number it also says "USA".

I have no clue about clubs so before I get rid of them, just wondering if they are compete junk nobody would ever want, or they are worth selling? Or are they worth taking in to American Golf for their double value trade in offer, or would they look at me like a mad person?

Thanks.

Do you have pics of the clubs. One of the guys here may recognise them from a photo.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, Raging Beard said:

I do... 

20161221_123045.jpg

Have never heard of them, found this on EBAY, same name no idea if they are the same company or not, but they are selling for $25.

unique.jpg

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

46 minutes ago, Raging Beard said:

Cheers, it's looking more and more like a trip to the dump

If there is a local youth golf organization, you could give the clubs to them.  Any relatives or friends without clubs who might want to try golf?  Unless the equipment is broken, someone could get some use out of them.

• Upvote 3

Brian Kuehn

I agree, don't just throw them out. Donate them somewhere so that they end up in the hands of a kid or beginner that might need them and will really appreciate having them.

• Upvote 1

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

• 1 month later...
On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 11:37 AM, Raging Beard said:

Dropped them off at the Thames Hospice charity shop today :)

Good for you. This is a much better disposal that just discarding. There are rats like me that frequent the thrifts looking for old stuff, though the stuff I look for is a bit older.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

I'm not sure anyone could get interested in golf if they had to play with those. When I go into Houston I often see people walking with a baseball bat, heavy stick, anything to protect against strays. They might find one of these clubs handy.  

Note: This thread is 2655 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!