IGNORED

Bogey Golfers Only (Index 16-22) / Breaking 90 Topic

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 1027 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9 minutes ago, lee34 said:

Really interested to see how you get on with this mate. That is a lot of work to put in, hopefully it pays off for you....

@lee34 When i get it a little further on , I will post picks of a few holes. This is the course where 79 is gonna happen!  Im doing caddie work,haha. Its been fun and educational.

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

- At this point, you still have a good chance to do just that with 5i

I agree!

- Even if you miss the green from 30-70 with your third shot, you are close and still have a chance to get up and down for bogey

This is smart

- Even if it takes you 4 to get on and you 2-putt, it isn't as bad as it sounds.  You get bogey on most holes anyway, so getting double after a duffed tee shot is pretty much expected.  Make up for it with a par on a hole where you hit a better tee shot

This is even smarter thinking.

BUT

The problem is that after taking the 5i, you hit it fairly close, chip it too far or not enough, end up with double or triple and curse yourself that you didn't take 3w.

Funny how you never think of the missed drive but rather focus on whether you should have used 3w.

Didnt play to well today my peeps !!! Ran out of talent on the back nine with an opportunity to score low on the day. I did some good things off the tee early but just got tight or something late. Im gonna move up a set of tees for awhile until i break 80 from there. I need to experience what it feels like so im not so edgy when I get close. My yardage book project is moving along nicely but I didnt execute the 2nd shots very well at all today. Im a head case right now and need to relax for sure. 88 today but felt like 100. If not for some putts falling I would have been in big trouble. It was a beautiful morning and I smiled all day, so thats good. Get em next time dang it. Hit Em Good Yall !!

• Upvote 1

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

Have you guys /gals ever heard of Bobby Clampetts tic tac toe drill or line drill ? I always thought it was kinda goofy and probably just not that big of a deal. Well I was wrong !! Its a little more difficult to do properly than I thought. Give it a try. I wouldnt call it a game changer by any stretch but as far as putting the club head where you want it, its a good drill. Its easy and you get instant feed back so heck, why not

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

Played today 18 holes at Huntswood. Absolutely dreadful today, the worst I have played in a long, long time.

Out in 51 / In in 50 = 101 (32 over)

Tee Shots - 1/5                              

Approach - 2/5                                    

Chipping / Pitching - 2/5                  

Putting - 2/5

Started ok with 2 bogeys but these should have been pars but putting let me down again. Today was different to my normal game, I usually strike the ball well but either score badly due to bad putting or penalty strokes off the tee and I normally have 2 or 3 blow up holes. Today I didn't strike the ball well at all and there weren't any real blow up holes just lots of doubles and triple bogeys.

Was really looking forward to today's game all week but that was a real disappointing day. All of my game was off and literally nothing went right.

3 penalty strokes and 4 bunkers.

36 putts today including 2x three putts and 2x one putts. But that doesn't tell the whole story, lots of missed putts within 3-4 feet.

A real low point was an 8 on a par 3.

Hoping today was just a bad day at the office. Handicap has gone up 0.1 to 27.1, just to kick me in the balls when I'm down lol.

Edited by lee34

Am going to play Thursday at Huntswood and Saturday I'm playing Wexham Park.

Coukd do with a couple decent rounds preferably breaking 90.....

Here's a joke. Been playing my Callaway Razr Fit driver, then my son's old Titleist 913 - I knew both were too stiff for me - but it kept the ball in the fairways and worked. On a whim I dug out my old Callaway Great Big Bertha II 415 driver - with light shaft and I am bombing this thing! From what I gather it's from 2005 but I can't wait to get on the course and show this old club off! 

I've been so used to the newer clubs with composite heads etc.. that I forgot what an all metal driver sounds like. It's awesome. What a big SMACK sound even if you are not hitting that good.

Time to look for my old Adams that I used to hit 270+ with....

I ran out this morning before they covered our greens again.  They covered them last Thursday and took the tarps off on Sunday... now they're covering them again today and won't uncover them until Saturday.  

Anyway... I started out really, really poorly.  I couldn't buy a putt throughout the day, but... ball striking was okay.  I hit 7 of 14 fairways and 9 of 18 greens, which is pretty good for me.  The problem was that even when I hit greens, I was three-putting... and if I missed greens, it was ugly.  

I went 48 - 42 = 90.  I'm kinda of in that spot where a 90 is not bad... but it's not good.  I like to be 88 or better... but, with the weather and no warm-up time... I guess it wasn't all that bad.  

I had a kick-in birdie on number 7 after hitting a wedge from 79 yards to a foot.  On the number 1 handicap hole on our course (#11), I hit a perfect fade with my driver into the middle of the fairway and then followed that up with another perfect fade with a 7 iron to 12 feet... I then converted the birdie.  I always love multiple birdie rounds, so... that made up for some of the ugly scores (including a 9 on a par 5) on the front nine.  

I dunno when I'll get out again.  I'm supposed to play a match before the end of the year, I just don't know when we'll get to it.  

Looks like we've had a few good scores in here recently.  Keep it going everybody!

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Whats up everybody !! Hope yall are practicing like crazy, haha. I got off early today and went to the practice facility at my home course. Here are some pics of the place. I practice here all the time. The very first ball I ever hit was here. A year and a half ago when i started, this place beat me up daily but now its my best friend. Post some pics of your practice areas. I bet there are some really cool places out there !!

20161214_141618.jpg

20161214_141724.jpg

20161214_141602.jpg

20161214_141700.jpg

20161214_141716.jpg

20161214_143303.jpg

20161214_142937.jpg

20161214_131011.jpg

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

21 minutes ago, Strat-Pack Rick said:

20161214_131011.jpg

This last pic is a flagless green . I hit 130  and in shots into this green. So much fun. I love 75 yds, Thats my favorite wedge shot or approach shot. I like to throw a ball down and then step on it so the lie is bad. Then i dig em out. FIX YOUR DIVOTS !!! HAHAHA  I always do !! 

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

What is an AMA thread ? I have no idea . Getting around in here can be hard sometimes.

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

36 minutes ago, Strat-Pack Rick said:

What is an AMA thread ? I have no idea . Getting around in here can be hard sometimes.

Ask Me Anything

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

@Fairway_CY Thanks

I got an off topic penalty !!! Dropping 2 hittin 3....Crap !

Callaway 3-hybrid
Chrome Soft ball

14 minutes ago, Strat-Pack Rick said:

@Fairway_CY Thanks

I got an off topic penalty !!! Dropping 2 hittin 3....Crap !

Lol. No penalty, my friend.  I was simply being traffic cop and keeping things flowing :beer:

I'll send u link to Erik's AMA. You'd find it interesting and would likely want to chime in

update: found it 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Played today 18 holes at Huntswood. Another absolute shocker of a round. Just cannot hit the ball at the moment and I just do not know what is going wrong.

Out in 57 / In in 53 = 110 (41 over)

Tee Shots - 1/5                              

Approach - 1/5                                    

Chipping / Pitching - 3/5                  

Putting - 3/5

FIR - 6

GIR - 0

Penaltys - 8

Putts - 36

So short game wasn't too bad today, nothing great but no real horror shows. Looking at the stats hitting 6 fairways is pretty good for me and dropping to a 6 iron off the tee is clearly helping with accuracy, however 0 GIRs is shocking and just shows how bad my irons are at the moment.

8 penalty shots is just horrendous.

Im playing again Saturday and then that's me done for a bit. Gonna hit the driving range again and work on my swing before I let loose on the course again. Something is seriously wrong at the moment. I have gone from playing pretty decent golf let down by 2 or 3 blow up holes, to no blow up holes but a scorecard flooded with doubles and triple bogeys.

That really wasn't enjoyable today and I need to get back to range work and some lessons.

12 minutes ago, lee34 said:

That really wasn't enjoyable today and I need to get back to range work and some lessons.

How's the weather up there right now? Are any of your penalties for lost balls? You guys are at a higher latitude than us. My backyard is covered in snow right now. 

4 minutes ago, Kalnoky said:

How's the weather up there right now? Are any of your penalties for lost balls? You guys are at a higher latitude than us. My backyard is covered in snow right now. 

Weathers fine mate. About 11 degrees still pretty mild good golfing conditions really.

No pretty much all of my penalties were sliced out of bounds either off the tee or approach shots.

Note: This thread is 1027 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!