IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

So I had this shot about a month ago but I thought I'd tell it here. It was 467 par 4. I mis-hit a driver and it went right of the fairway. The lie was pretty good. Distance to the hole was 223 yards. I was thinking 5w or 3i but I knew 3i wouldnt reach (I hit it 205) and it was uphill and wind. And my 5w would be too long (240ish). So I aimed at the left bunker and hit a pure fade that started beautifully where I aimed and started to cut toward the left of the green. The ball hits the green, spinned and rolled toward the hole for an eagle!
my longest hole-out haha.

I went to the range today for the first time with my new hybrid/iron set, and the entire time was just awesome. I think my swing is getting cleaner and smoother, but also I just seemed to be hitting a lot more balls without topping or slicing. The woods are a different story (I get about the same distance with my hybrids at this point LOL), but I had an awesome time with my new clubs. It was pretty hot, though.

What's in my Tartan Precise TS-869 Bag:
Woods: Northwestern 1W, 3W, stock grip
Hybrids: 855 Graphite shaft 3H, 4H, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Irons: 855 R flex steel shaft 5-PW, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Wedges: PureSpin Tour Series Diamond Face 52* AW, 56* SW, 60* LW, Golf Pride...

Two shots really stood out to me today:

First was my 3rd shot on a 550 yard par 5. I was just on the right side rough (we cut ours short, 2" tops) but about 200 out. For the first time in my life, I decide that pulling out my 3W and hitting it would be a good idea. I get up there, perfect swing, out of the rough, ends up about 15 yards short of the hole. Had it been left about 15 yards, it probably would've rolled up to the green, but beggars can't be choosers.

Second was my 2nd shot into a dogleg left par 4. I hit my tee shot into the rough (yes, there's a pattern) on the right side, but ends up behind a tall tree about 110 out. Being about 30 yards from the tree I figure I can hit it over the tree and get it there with my 9I. Ball slightly above my feet, I hit it perfectly, clears the tree by about 6 feet and lands 15 feet short of the hole and stops there right on line.

365 yard par four at my "home course" (I just moved here not to long ago). It has a slight dogleg left on a links style course, so no trees in sight. I bombed it over a bunker and it rolled down the backside about 40 yards from the green in the fairway. WOW! I was so excited, the rest of my game suffered. I chipped long and 2 putted for par, but oh well, Pros love pars too!

Got my first EAGLE today! ~450 yard par 5, drove 250, 3 wood to 7 feet! Sunk the putt. It was also only the 2nd time I broke 40 (ended up with 39) for 9 holes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hit out of bounds on par 5 then I hit a 5wood up to the green 225yds. Ended up making par.

MB 710 Iron Set 5-PW Blades Steel Shafts,
Vokey Design Spin Milled Wedges 52,56,60
hybore 2iH, 3iH, 5W, Driver XL, Putter
Balls "Pro V1's", " Callaway Warbirds"
Career Low Round: 79

I nearly got a hole in one on sunday.
I hit the flag!
Ball went off the the right and ended up 6-8 feet from the hole. Got a par

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Stuck a 7i from 155 or so 2 inches from the pin for birdie, yesterday. I almost jarred the sucker.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

18th hole, par 4, 410 yds dogleg left.

Lost my tee ball in the woods left, and had to pitch down to 110 yards for my 3rd shot because I had no angle to the green from the dogleg.

Holed out from 110 yards for the strangest par of my life.

had 2 chip-ins for birdies, one on #2 and again on #5, first time I had chipped in twice in one round

Driver - SQ Dymo 9.5*
3 Wood - SQ Dymo 15*
5 Wood - SQ Dymo 19*
4-PW
52* w/ 10 bounce 56* w/ 14 bounce 60* w/ 10 bounce Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball F7

18th hole 450 dogleg left into the wind. Flared a slicing drive up into the wind and ended up with about 230 in. Nailed a high 3 wood that landed on the green rolled 15 feet to leave me a 20 footer pin high. Missed it obviously!

What's in my Micro Lite Bag:

Driver: RocketBallz Tour 9
3 Wood: V Steel 15 degree
3-PW: 762 DCIGW: CG 12 52 degree

SW/LW: spin milled 56/11, 60/7

Putter: 2 Ball 35"

Played in a scramble match with my friend Gabe against my other two friends who kept talking smack to us. All even down to the last hole. I hit my drive into the water, and my friend hit his way right on a dogleg left par 4. 220 into the green, and I hit mine into the water again. He lays up and then we both hit from his lay-up. Two horrible shots to about 25 feet away. I drain the 25 foot putt for par to force a playoff. We won on the 246 yard par 3 designated playoff hole. They had to buy us drinks. I'M ALL HOPPED UP ON MOUNTAIN DEW.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

2 days ago I was playing a skins match against my friend, his father in law and father. On the 17th hole I hooked a ball off the drive which got lost. I had to drop and proceeded to hit a 7 iron about 168 yards to the right side of the greenside bunker. I had about ten yards of green to work with over a bunker and I hit a flop shot that went directly in the hole, didn't touch the green. everyone including me was very excited about the shot. I won those 50 cents :)

Whats in my bag?

r7 irons
r7 driver - 10.5
22 degree hybrid rescue Vokey 60 degree wedge 56 degree sand wedgeBalls are Penta's and some crappy old knockoff putter no one has heard of.

Third hole, two feet from the green... chip and run, birdie!

My next best shot was on the 18th hole. Beautiful drive dead centre. It was getting really dark, and by the time I got to my ball I couldn't even see the green. Guessing where the green was (first time I played this course) I hit a PW full force. My ball hit the clubhouse & landed on the practice green.

Played in a scramble match with my friend Gabe against my other two friends who kept talking smack to us. All even down to the last hole. I hit my drive into the water, and my friend hit his way right on a dogleg left par 4. 220 into the green, and I hit mine into the water again. He lays up and then we both hit from his lay-up. Two horrible shots to about 25 feet away. I drain the 25 foot putt for par to force a playoff. We won on the 246 yard par 3 designated playoff hole. They had to buy us drinks. I'M ALL HOPPED UP ON MOUNTAIN DEW.

Pardon my question. You hit the water twice, that's 4 strokes already plus 1 putt, how can you still par the hole?

Pardon my question. You hit the water twice, that's 4 strokes already plus 1 putt, how can you still par the hole?

its a scramble so most likely they played his partners shots

In my bag

Driver - c3 bullet 10.5 degree
Woods- c3 bullet 5 wood
Hybrids- 3dx 3 and 4Irons- 3dx 5-pwWedges- Purespin golf tour series gw,sw,lwPutter- antiguaBall - :taylormade: Burner TP

Hole #1, 508 yard par 5. Hit my drive perfectly and cut the left-to-right dogleg. Had about 255 to middle of green, absolutely RAILED my 3 hybrid to within 30 yards. Got soft with the pitch up so had to 2-putt for par.

Hole #14, 272 yard par 4. 5 iron off the tee, left me about 87 to middle pin location. Had to go up over a 20 foot mound with bunker on down slope. Hit 60* to 10 feet of hole. Sunk the 10 footer for birdie!

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!