IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Well, I didn't hit any spectacular shots today, but I did chip in from about 20 yards for birdie on the 7th, and then I made about a 25 ft. birdie putt the next hole. I'm not sure if I've ever had two birdies in a row.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Played yesterday and shot pretty well with temporary greens. Hit a drive on 18 that carried 260 or 265 into a slight breeze - that's good for me.

But the second shot earns my "best shot of the week" this week. I had about 70 yards to a temporary green (pin stuck in the fairway). I had about 115 yards to the center of the green, so I estimated about 75 yards to the pin. Took my 54° wedge, which I normally hit 75 yards with a smooth swing. Ball hit about 3 yards past the flag, sucked back to a few inches. Was dead online the whole time. Must have been juiced pretty well to spin back in some rather shaggy fairway. I thought I'd holed it as soon as it left the clubface... but still a great way to finish. Can't play that hole much better!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It was a 40 yard chip, and i landed the ball on about 10 yards left of the whole on the fringe it bounced twice and then stuck around 8 yards left of the whole, then it took the slope sideways, straight into the cup, it made me look like seve. lol.

• Administrator
..yeah, it sucked, big time.

Dig the new avatar. Now I have to get used to it.

Anyway, my best shot of the week was the 305-yard drive I hit with the TP Red at Reynolds Plantation. Since we just got snowed on here in Erie, PA I don't know that I'll have another "best shot" anytime soon.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Hit a 130 yard bunker shot with a 7 iron, I thinned it a little but it hit the green and one hop and spin back, nice! To 8 feet. Made birdie, winds were at 30 mph that day, very proud, lol

I played for the first time in 2006 yesterday. I hit a 295 yard tee shot on the first hole and a wedge to 15' to set up my first birdie of the year. I hit a wedge from 100 yards to 4' to set up my second birdie. I hit a 7 iron from 160 to 6' (missed the birdie putt). My best shot however was probably on the 17th. I pushed my drive and had to keep my second shot low to stay under a tree and fade it up the fairway to try and set up a decent approach. I pulled it off perfectly. I hit my hybrid and it stayed under the tree then took off with a perfect fade. It went about 175 yards and ended up in the fairway 40 yards from the green. Even though I blew the next shot, the fact that I pulled off exactly what I needed, when I needed it was huge.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

• Administrator

Hooked a drive a little too far left on #9 at my course (the 905R goes left if you're not careful, just like the T). Punched out to what I thought would be a good wedge yardage. 100 yards is my 10:30 swing... I had 89. Too far for a sand wedge because the pin was just over the left center ridge in the green, which kicks anything just short way back to the front of the green.

Choked down, swung to maybe 10:00 on my wedge - just short of 10:30 anyway - and the ball flew right over the stick, stuck a yard past, and drew back to about six inches. I thought it was in the hole when it left the club. Dangit! Anyway, a nice par save.

I hit a 6 iron laser today from about 165 to an uphill green. I saw the ball hit an embankment behind the green and roll back towards the pin. When I got up there the ball was about 3 feet below the pin. Rolled in the birdie putt...thank God. The rest of the round was rather ugly.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

I had the ball below my feet and my leftside was higher then my right. You guessed it, i thinned the ball and topped horribly, It stayed in the air for maybe 20 yards but roled another 90 to be 3 feet from pin. lol

I played last Friday and played probably the worst ball striking round in months. I just wasn't focused. I'm not sure if it was because it was a new course, the conditions were super wet, or what but...

I had an awesome up and down on a par-3 for par and managed par on another par-3. I hit the putting surface but spun it into a catchment area 10' below the cup and 25' off the green (steep catchment area). I knocked it to 2 feet with the 58-degree wedge and made the putt. That was satisfying, especially because most of the round was forgettable.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Dunham Hills GC, Hartland, MI.

#8 .. Par 3, ~200. High winds .. having 4 straight bogeys .. riding the bogey train, pull out my 5 iron, on the screws to 5 feet. made the putt. Birdied the next to save 38 for the front. lol.

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Hybrids: 2iron / 4iron Taylor Burner Rescue.

Irons: 5 - PW 2008 Model Year Titleist AP2

Wedges: 49*, 54* 60* Cleveland 588 Rusties.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi Long.

Balls: Titleist Pro VX

Bag: Titleist Black / Red Staff

170 yards to the hole, in a forest, there are two trees right in front of me to my left and right, making a distance of 1-2 feet in width and 9 feet in front of that, there is a 20 foot ttree. I hit my 7 iron, shoot it straight up, land 2 inches from the pin. I blew the ball into the hole, so is it then a eagle, lol, jk, birdie.

Best shot would have to be driver on the short par-4 18th at a little course down the road. I hit it 290, just shy of the green. I didn't get up and down for birdie, but managed par. It is fun to hit the driver solid.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

20 foot putt on the side hill. Looked at my line and just wanted to lag it near the hole so to unsure saving a bogie, put a roller up the hill and when it was about 5 ft above it turned and slowly rolled down into the cup for a par.

Side door par save!
IN THE BAG

Driver: R580 W/ Fujikura VistaPro Eighty S Flex
Woods: 15* 300 series R80
Irons: TaylorMade RAC LT T Step Professional 110-gram steel RegularWedge: TP Rac Black Y Cutter 52/8 56/12Putter: Nubbins M2Ball: Bridgestone e5Course: League @ Bedford Hills