IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

My round was not great, but there were a few bright spots. On my first shot with the new NV shaft in the driver, I aimed up the left to account for my fade and hit it a little too straight. I hit a tree on the fly that is 290 yards from the tee. It hit with enough force to come back 20 yards. If that had been a hair right it would have been well beyond 300. After a chunked tee shot on a short Par 3, I put a 60 yard wedge to 2 feet. On the next hole I rolled in a 50' putt. Unfortunately it was to save bogey.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I know now how the pro players can hit their clubs so long... from 230yds away, slight down-wind, uphill shot, that had to clear rather high trees - I hit "the perfect shot". Full turn, perfect slot, weight transfer, sweet spot with my 5W... Just clipped the leaves on the top of the tree... and landed over the green - about 245 carry with a 5W!?! So that's how the perfect swing feels like... only problem is I think that was my first in 6 years, where the pros do it at least 6 out of 10

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played 9 holes on 5-19-06 and on the par 4 3rd, i chipped in from 40 feet for birdie. As far as i can remember, it's only the second time that has ever happened. but hopefully not the last!

In The Bag:Driver: Srixon W-403 9.5 StiffFwy: #4 V-Steel Graphite StiffIrons: Srixon I-403 3-PWWedges: Rac Satin 52,56,60Putter: Hawk Bettinardi Model 11 35"Ball: Srixon Z-URS

• Administrator

I came to the 18th (my ninth hole in a nine-hole league) today needing to tie my opponent to win 2.5 of 4 points. Lose and I get 1.5 points.

Blow my drive way right (where it's okay). Opponent in the trees. Punches out, still has 160 to the green. Likely to put it on and two-putt. Put my shot to front left and it bounces into the rough from 135 or so. Opponent then puts his shot to two feet. I chipped aggressively and it ran by 18 feet.

Draino. Concede putt. Shake hands. Undefeated so far this year.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3-iron second shot into the par 5 13th the other day. It's totally uphill, plays about 15 yards extra, and guarded by bunkers in the front. With the uphill, and a little wind in the face I figured it was playing 215-220.

Now I've really been struglling with my 3-iron, even considered going with a hybrid. Been hitting it too high, got the loft bent strong. Then hitting it too low, and got it bent back a little weaker. And that was my first day with it back. So, I put a good swing on it, and crushed it up there with the perfect ball flight and hit it to 15 feet. I was playing great all day that day, but that made my round all that much better. Including that hole, I had 4 birdies in 6 holes to finish the round.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

A thirty yard chip shot for me. I was in some long grass in a woods area off to the right of the green on this one hole and well heres the jist of how my chip shot had to be for me. There was approximately about a one foot opening in the trees and after I got through that I had to carry it over a pond about six or seven yards across than it had to carry over a bunker which was right in line with the green and my shot and from where the bunker was, the green was actually about two feet above it and from my angle it was a very narrow green so I had to manage to hit the up and coming part of the fringe to gain a high enough bounce to hold the green. Well I essentially did that and even more. Even though my shot was out of thick grass and hit some leaves from the trees in front of me, it still managed to check like crazy and it fell with the slope perfectly and rolled and literally stopped about a half inch away from going in. The guys I were playing with were literally in shock and I was too. I know my explanation may be pretty hazy and hard to understand but just believe me, there was something seriously magical about my lob wedge in that shot and words can't explain it. Give me a million balls and I couldn't do it again. Oh and I was an inch away from a tree trunk too. Pure Luck.

My Clubs
Driver: HiBore XL 10.5*
3-Wood: SS-01
Hybrid: 503H 22*
Irons: Deep Red II TourSand Wedge: CG10 56*Lob Wedge: CG10 60*Putter: V Foil GT M6.4KBall: ProV1

I have a few that I think are my best shots of the week. 167 yard uphill par 3. Hit a 7 iron to less then a foot (closest ive ever came to a hole in one in my life). 183 yard all carry par 3 into the wind. Hit a 5 iron to about 8 feet and drained the putt.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

You long hitters don't know how lucky you are. I was playing league tonight, and they decided we should play the back tees. Something we rarely do. Everyone was giving me grief because I had butchered the preceding hole, managing to sink a 15 foot put to save bogey. After everyone else had played 3irons or hybrides into an almost dead flat 228 yard par three, my opponet was giving me the business because I usually try to cut a driver into this hole. I usually only carry my driver 210-215 max. So I took a three wood and hit a draw which landed just short of the green and rolled withing 8 feet. I made the put for the only birdie on the hole.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

188 yard Par 3, slightly downhill, I hit a 6-iron about 20 feet past the hole on to the bottom tier of the green. My coach said I missed a hole in one by two inches. Then I make a twenty foot birdie putt up two tiers with huge break. My teammates were speechless.

Driver: HiBore 9.5°, UST ProForce V2 67g
Woods: Launcher Steel 15°
Hybrid: Halo 2i 19°, 3i 22°
Irons: CG4 4-PW
Wedges: CG10 52°, 56° Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 Balls: NXT Tour, Pro V1, Nike One, Callaway HX

I had about 215 into an uphill green but had a breeze behind me. After pulling one OB (only bad shot of the freakin day) I dropped another ball and hit the most beautiful 4-iron I've ever hit. High draw that landed softly into the middle of the green and I rolled in a 20 foot putt to save bogey.

Not often your best shot comes on a hole that you take bogey...

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

I hit my 19* Hybrid to 15 feet on a 220 yard Par three into the wind. I missed the putt but made up for it on the next Par 3 a couple holes later. I hit a Wedge from 130 yards to pin high, 20 feet left of the hole. I rolled in the birdie putt.
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I hit a 90 yard wedge shot out of knee deep heather on the last hole to just short of the green. A skulled pitch followed. That set me up for a perfect flop shot over a small tree to three feet.

at the end of a bad 9 holes of golf...me and my foursome were rushing to finish so we could go back to my house and watch the US in the world cup....and we wont even go there...but i chunked my drive! which was awful, then i eventually was on the fringe chipping for par. Now this hole is severely sloped and you dont want to be above the hole, well i was on the fringe on the back of the green. i was chipping for 39 and by that point didnt really care about my round, but i chipped the ball like 3 yards and watched as it rolled the rest of the 50 feet as it died into the cup...which crushed my friend who was hoping to beat me for the first time, since he was putting from like 4 feet for par, i think he 3 putted, haha.

In My Bag:
9.5 degree Mizuno MX-500
15 degree Titliest 904F
Mizuno MP-32 3-PW
Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 52 degree
Vokey Spin-Milled 56.14
Ping i5 Anser

• Administrator

360 yard hole, nothing special, but a very tiered peanut shaped green. My drive barely gets off the tee, catching a limb early and going left and down. I still had 320 to the green, so I hit a 7-iron that flew forever (and must have bounced well too). I leave myself 115 to the flag. I make a solid swing with my pitching wedge and the ball never leaves the cup. It hits short, jumps over the cup, and spins back in front of the cup to two feet, lipping out in the process. Tap in for par after a drive that went no more than 40 yards.

On the 18th hole that day, I used my rangefinder to determine that a bush was 278 yards from the tee. I chose a three-wood (the bush was on the edge of a creek) and got within about seven yards of the bush.

Last week I had an eagle, but it was on a 300-yard par 4. I pitched in from about 35 yards.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

140 to the center with the flag 8 yards back (love the courses that give you green layouts and exact pin placements on a sheet in your cart ). Eight iron to 3 inches. Closest I've ever come to an ace.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

A few days ago I had just under 220 into a par 5 and took a nice smooth swing with my hybrid. The ball landed towards the front of the green about 5 feet past the cup and ended up about 40 feet away. I made the putt.

It was one of those shots that you hit exactly like you pictured it...

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

I was at my home course two days ago and hooked my lay-up on a short par 4. I had about 135 in with the green and pin tucked behind a couple of trees. I was playing pretty good, so I decided to play it safe, aim right side of the green and take my bogey at worst. Well, of course, I snap hook it again and end of 3 feet from the cup. I didn't tell anyone that it was an accident though :)