IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

almost got my first hole in one yesterday evening. there's a 175 yard par three that is entirely over water to a peninsula green. the tee box is on a cliff overlooking the small lake. the pin was set at the very back of the green, and i hit a 7-iron off the box and watched the ball start on line for dead-center green, fade off ever so slightly towards the pin, and it hit the flag and dropped straight down, stopping about three feet from the cup.

Third Time's a Charm: On the last of 36 holes I played today, I hit my approach shot into a bunker left of the green. The pin was on a tongue in the front of the green that was at most 10 yards wide with sand on each side; I only had about 20 feet to the hole, with what little green I had to work with running quickly away from me. The only thing I could do to get it close was to open my lob wedge wide and take a very steep swing behind the ball to pop it up. My first attempt went about eight inches; my second hit the lip and bounced back to my feet. On my third shot from the sand, I finally gouged it out to the fringe, where it fed down the slope and into the cup.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Hit my 60° from 25 yards to inside three inches on the 9th today in a 9 hole, 2-man scramble for our 6th birdie.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

League night, I am up 2 strokes (have to give opponent 2), and all square on holes. Par 4 9th, tee shot way right, gracious bounce, still behind 2 huge trees with just a little opening. Downward lie (hate them anyways) no clue on yardage as I wasnt trying to green it. Grabbed a 4i, and gave it a smooth swing, missed the left tree by a pine needle length, and then it went over the hill out of sight. Ended up about 4 feet off the green, pitch and a 2 putt for bogey and the win.

Mine was on monday. I was playing a 510 yard par 5. Hit 3 wood off tee as I have been more consistent lately with it, went about 215 or so, so almost 300 yards for second shot, very far for me as Im not a long hitter. I was in the right rough and the hole is a slight dogleg to the right. I hit my 3 hybrid around the corner of the dogleg a bit and lost sight of my ball, thought it had hit the cart path and bounced out of bounds to the right. So i hit a provisional and then 3rd shot that just missed the green when i noticed another ball just short of the green. Yes, it was the the ball I had thought went out of bounds, im guessing I must have bounced the ball off the cart path and and it sent it towards the green, shot had to have went 260-265 even with cutting the corner a bit. Farthest ive ever hit the 3 hybrid before was about 230 yards and that was out of the fairway on another par 5. Guess sometimes you get a lucky bounce.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

Tee shot from #16 at Nicklaus North (in Whistler, BC) was a beaut... This par 4 offers a Dogleg right which leads you to a steady flowing glacial creek and a bridge over to a bunker protected green.

After seeing an adolescent black bear trundle accross this fairway while we were having breakfast at the clubhouse earlier, I stepped up and cranked one over the right fairway bunker landing it within a foot of the end of the fairway.

Let's not talk about the second shot tho... The creek was just far too tempting...

from about 50 yards out i holed a 3/4 60* wedge. The hole was up hill with a bunker infront of it. all i could see was the top of the flag.. i knew it was nice, landed it a few feet past the bunker. walked up to the green , no ball. thought it couldnt have rolled over the green.. sure enough it was in the hole
then a couple holes later one of my pitches from about 25 yards landed 3 inches from the hole.. woulda been nice, but ill take 1 for the day

In My 2007 ogio.gif Edge Bag:
taylormade.gif07 Burner 9.5* S Driver
taylormade.gif08 Burner 3 wood
taylormade.gifRAC OS Irons 4-PW
vokey.gif56* Wedge taylormade.gifrac 60* satin wedgeodyssey.gifWhite Hot Tour #1Started playing January 2009, best round thus far: 82

yesterday, i was on the 18th hole and i bombed a drive(280 yards) and i hit my 5 wood to a bunker on the left side of the green and i hit it out and it was a miserable shot to about 60' from the hole and i sank the putt to win the tounament. it was probably the best shot ive had all year.
Driver r7 superquad w/ UST Proforce V2(S)
3 Wood r9 3 wood(S)
5 Wood Burner 5 wood(S)
Irons Ci6 3-PW(S)
Wedge Z TP 56*Wedge Z TP 60*Putter Studio Select Newport 2(33in)Bag three5 stand bagBall Prov1x

Longest par 4 on the golf course (440 yards). I crush a good drive off the tee and I'm thinking i have to be well under 200 out. But i find my ball 203 yards out LOL. Anyways i take my 3 iron (just hoping to get it there) and i smoked a good one and rolled it past the hole to about 2 to 3 feet. Made the birdie. There were 2 guys on the tee box adjacent to the hole and they didnt congratulate me on the good shot. I was unimpressed

548 yrd par5 #5
left side of the fw with a tree between me and the green for my approach shot...
110 out... either go over the tree and straight at the flag or go to the right of the tree forcing me to carry the greenside bunker for a long putt... i was in sand all day long so i didnt wanna chance that route...
strong pw nicking the top branches of the tree... landing soft 1 ft from the pin... tap in birdie
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Par 3 8th at Gold Mountain, 149 out teed up and grabbed a 7i. Was going through my routine, and heard my opponent say the yardage, which was different that what I thought. Went back and grabbed my 6, and put it within 8 feet. May earn a trophy ball for that one.

Drove the ball through the right rough into the leaves and crap at the beginning of the woods. I was even with the 150 marker. I was at the bottom of a gulley or depression that ran across the fairway. After a rise, the fairway dipped again and gradually rose up to the green. Because I was on the edge of the trees, I had branches and leaves to contend with. I somehow had to punch the ball out low enough to not hit the trees, but high enough to clear the rise in the fairway. I had to fade/slice it about 30 yards. And it was a blind shot to boot.

So I took a five iron, opened the face, aimed into the woods on the left side of the fairway and let 'er rip. I took the club on an inside line and finished really high. The ball shot through the wedge of air above the rising fairway and below the overhanging trees, curled beautifully up the fairway and out of sight.

No, it wasn't pin high or even on the green. But it was on the edge of the front skirt that guards the green and I was freaking psyched!

In the bag:
Cleveland Launcher 400cc
Callaway Hawkeye 3 wood, stiff
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 19*, stiff
TaylorMade Burner Rescue hybrid, 22*, stiffCallaway X-14 irons, 4-SW, uniflex steel, +1", 2* uprightTitleist Vokey 56/8 sand wedgePing A-Blade putterCareer round: 16 over 88Best round...

This one involves a little luck. Yesterday had 130 yard 2nd shot on par 4. Took an 8 iron and got it to the green, ball bounced once on the green and hit the pin and dropped 2 feet away for a tap-in birdie. If i had missed the pin, it probably would have bounced over the green but ill take it.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

Today, #16. 205 to a back pin, 4i on a rope to 2'. Made the birdie putt.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Par 4 hole, 90 degree dogleg left, impossible to corner-cut so it's a lay up and short approach situation. I put a towering slice on the ball and end up in the middle of the fairway to the right. I get down there and I am blocked by 2 trees and cannot see the green and I walk to the side to get an angle. The smart move is to pitch it back into the fairway. I was striking the ball well yesterday and decided to take the risky shot. From 190 out, I hit a 4-hybrid blind and sent it right between the tips of the two trees like they were goalposts. I know how far I hit that club and knew I hit it well. I hit the green and stayed there and 2-putted for par. Once I made that shot I knew it was going to be my day.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

got girs on every par3 yesterday except one...
left it short of a greenside bunker...
opened my 52 so it faced the sky... flopped it straight up and over the bunker making a birdie the hard way...
all the girs on the other par3's resulted in pars and the one i didnt get resulted in a birdie...
go figure
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

175 yards out, crazy wind in my face, ball in the rough (we'll call it "the first cut") and on a slope. The ball is above my feet. I grab my 4-iron to attempt a cut shot (LOL) like I keep seeing on TV. I'm thinking, this could go in the water, could fly all the way to the next tee, I could miss the ball entirely, who knows...

I executed it just like I imagined...hit the green 20 feet from the pin (almost no roll!) and made par.

The next time I try that fancy stuff, I know I'll shank it into the water.