IGNORED

FlightScope Mevo - Portable Launch Monitor for the Everyday Golfer

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1517 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

https://thesandtrap.com/b/training/flightscope_mevo_personal_launch_monitor_review

Erik wrote a very detailed review. Check it out.

There are also Member reviews that discuss accuracy.

I think he’s looking for a review from someone who doesn’t carry a driver 305 yards...

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I think he’s looking for a review from someone who doesn’t carry a driver 305 yards...

From the review:

flightscope_mevo_android1.jpg

flightscope_mevo_android2.jpg

flightscope_mevo_android4.jpg

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

From the review:

flightscope_mevo_android1.jpg

flightscope_mevo_android2.jpg

flightscope_mevo_android4.jpg

@DeadMan‘s review shows a driver reading with 305 carry...

oops, 304.

Edited by Lihu

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Lihu said:

In Colorado.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:

In Colorado.

Okay, I think the poster was asking someone with a more “standard” situation to comment on the Mevo than outliers.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Lihu said:

Okay, I think the poster was asking someone with a more “standard” situation to comment on the Mevo than outliers.

The guy asked if the Mevos are accurate. Scott, IIRC, mentioned two reviews. Both can speak to the accuracy of the unit, particularly mine since I took a lot of care to measure it and compare it against other devices, lasers, etc.

Short answers, yes, @mcconnon12, it's accurate. You can see my full review at https://thesandtrap.com/b/training/flightscope_mevo_personal_launch_monitor_review and peruse a few topics here to ask the 10 or so other guys with them.

10 hours ago, Lihu said:

oops, 304.

With the altitude set for Denver. That is probably my absolute max carry distance (i.e., I was trying to swing out of my shoes on that shot), I'm normally more between 260 and 270 on the Mevo.

In fact, here's some data from a range session in December, when I was hitting driver:

Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 8.24.36 PM.png

Edited by DeadMan

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

12 hours ago, DeadMan said:

With the altitude set for Denver. That is probably my absolute max carry distance (i.e., I was trying to swing out of my shoes on that shot), I'm normally more between 260 and 270 on the Mevo.

In fact, here's some data from a range session in December, when I was hitting driver:

Screen Shot 2018-01-07 at 8.24.36 PM.png

Nice consistency and smash factor!

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

As far as whether the Mevo is accurate, @mcconnon12, I found it to be very accurate. I did not do the depth of testing for accuracy that @iacas did for his review, but my testing found it to be accurate +/- 2 yards. Note that I'm at altitude, and some inaccuracy might be down to that, because the data has to be extrapolated to get the altitude adjustment. It was more accurate outdoors than indoors or into a net. The bottom line is that's good enough for basically any amateur golfer.

• Like 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Thanks all. I appreciate it. Last question before I pull the trigger. Any concerns with using it on grass. I have read all the reviews across the web and even called flightscope who said they don't have a built in gyro but as long as the grass is not long and interfering it should be fine. I would be exclusively using this on grass. Seems like it should be fine just wondering if any current users of the mevo have had any difficulties on grass range. Thanks!

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, mcconnon12 said:

Thanks all. I appreciate it. Last question before I pull the trigger. Any concerns with using it on grass. I have read all the reviews across the web and even called flightscope who said they don't have a built in gyro but as long as the grass is not long and interfering it should be fine. I would be exclusively using this on grass. Seems like it should be fine just wondering if any current users of the mevo have had any difficulties on grass range. Thanks!

Did you read my review? https://thesandtrap.com/b/training/flightscope_mevo_personal_launch_monitor_review

I ask, only because, for example…

Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 11.28.23 AM 50%.png

Also, if you'd like to save a little bit, @mcconnon12, I'll have another shipment in a bit. PM me for more. But nine others here can attest…

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, mcconnon12 said:

Hey @iacas yes I did read your review and saw the video. I was just looking to hear from others as well. I will definitely PM you later tonight after work. Thank you!!

Okay, just wanted to make sure. As you can tell, we had no problems hitting it off grass.

Wondering if I should get one for this year :-D

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

2 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Wondering if I should get one for this year :-D

It was worth being my first and last major golf purchase this year. 

It'll allow me to track my swing and ball striking improvements with my daily practice, once I get back into a daily routine from my busy holiday schedule. Tracked 50,000 yards already in only a few sessions. Of course, the majority of the yardage was my son. :-D

I have a feeling that my only other purchase this year might be the TM M6, if the technology of the M3/4 actually works. :whistle:

Edited by Lihu

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Did anyone try these packages yet?

Looks like for $12/year you can download videos and get "Coaching Access". Not sure what sort of coaching they provide?

image.thumb.png.271ccdb1f363870a32bc32cf92c14885.png

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• Administrator
19 hours ago, Lihu said:

Did anyone try these packages yet?

Looks like for $12/year you can download videos and get "Coaching Access". Not sure what sort of coaching they provide?

I think that just means you can choose a coach and they can access your Mevo data.

I'm registered on the site as a coach, and the only option I have is:

Screen%20Shot%202018-01-10%20at%208.35.5

What's weird about the Player plans is that the only difference is the number of videos they'll store. And, honestly, I don't find the video aspect all that compelling. Just store them how you store them.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

I think that just means you can choose a coach and they can access your Mevo data.

I'm registered on the site as a coach, and the only option I have is:

Screen%20Shot%202018-01-10%20at%208.35.5

What's weird about the Player plans is that the only difference is the number of videos they'll store. And, honestly, I don't find the video aspect all that compelling. Just store them how you store them.

Also in the default mode, only 3 can be stored.

If you’re a coach, can I request you as the instructor or does it go to some random pool?

I ask because I jjust don’t want Kostis :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 1517 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!