IGNORED

FlightScope Mevo - Portable Launch Monitor for the Everyday Golfer

mvmac
Note: This thread is 1479 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Consumer portable launch monitor from FlightScope, who are as accurate as anyone at the premium level. I've heard this is going to be around $500, which seems like a great price to me.

Just in time for my birthday in March :beer:

http://flightscopemevo.com/

Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 4.56.05 PM.png

• Upvote 4

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That's great for the price. It will be interesting to see how much data they'll be able to pack in these less premium options over the next few years as technology and competition keeps getting better. Good for the consumer. Looks like another good bribe option for Newport cup candidates. :-)

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

I'd probably get one at $500. If it's more maybe not?

Sounds really good though.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

14 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Would you like the "FocusBand" also?
Sorry @Wanzo you've been Topped ... ;-)

FocusBand is a brainwave sensing system that's used to train the brain into a calmer state, which is essential for improved performance in any sport.
Although Mike seemed rather calm watching my golf game in Phoenix  :whistle:

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

I want one. I'm not sure what I'd actually do with it, but I want one.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

That is really awesome. $500 might be cheap enough to get me interested. It would be great to use that at the driving range. Only negative is that it doesn't look like it tells you which direction the ball is going. I'd be 100% sold right now if it did.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

11 hours ago, mvmac said:

Consumer portable launch monitor from FlightScope, who are as accurate as anyone at the premium level. I've heard this is going to be around $500, which seems like a great price to me.

http://flightscopemevo.com/

Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 4.56.05 PM.png

If that is the price point, I will get one I think. I focus so much more at home hitting into a net than at the range.

10 hours ago, billchao said:

I want one. I'm not sure what I'd actually do with it, but I want one.

Me too. If I get one, I bet it rains a lot this year with my luck!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

7 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Me too. If I get one, I bet it rains a lot this year with my luck!

Bite your tongue!   That is treason!

Although the year we put in a swimming pool, it was the coldest summer within years and rained excessively.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Just now, dennyjones said:

Bite your tongue!   That is treason!

Although the year we put in a swimming pool, it was the coldest summer within years and rained excessively.  

Let's not get together then. There would be an earthquake and tornado at the same time! :-P

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I couldn't tell from the link, does this offer a virtual driving range like the full size FS? That would be a no brainer purchase. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

That looks really cool. $500 is stretching it, but I might buy one.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

10 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

I couldn't tell from the link, does this offer a virtual driving range like the full size FS? That would be a no brainer purchase. 

+1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

If that is the price point, I will get one I think. I focus so much more at home hitting into a net than at the range.

Well that's just the thing, I don't actually need it for practice because I know what I am working on. I don't need a launch monitor while I'm practicing.

I'm not even sure how much I can learn from the limited information it can give me. I'd like it just to be able to get my launch numbers on my clubs, but that's not really worth $500 to me.

I want one, I don't need one, so I probably won't get one.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, Ernest Jones said:

I could totally be wrong but i don't think it collects enough data points to simulate ball flight.  and if it does I don't think they would give that away since they have the more premium products. 

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Am I being too demanding that I wished it had face and path and AoA? To gain a better association between feel and real is to know when you've gotten face and path optimized and to remember those swings imho. It's cool you can use it for baseball and soccer too (never knew radar was a thing for soccer, but not surprised), plus you can pair it with the Focusband, not sure how effective that is though. Wonder if you can get the app separately, it looks like it's got some nifty features.

Now if it did have face and path AoA, the question is how much more are you willing to pay for it?

:offtopic: Was this timed for the PGA Merchandise Show? Seems like it's gone under the radar here this year. 

• Like 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Am I being too demanding that I wished it had face and path and AoA?

For $500? Yeah.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1479 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!