IGNORED

Goals for 2008

FIJIGolf23
Note: This thread is 5673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My goals for 2008 are simple:

1. Reduce/Eliminate 3 putts. I have decided to reward myself for every round without a 3 putt with a nice Crown Royal on the rocks. When I make it to 5 rounds in a row without a 3 putt, I will reward myself with a new Cameron Select Mid Slant.

2. Improve ball striking. Mainly working the ball both ways for better angle into the greens and getting at tucked pins.

3. Start to teach my son the basics of the golf swing.

Driver - R7 425 9.5*
3 Wood - 980 15*
Hybrid - Rescue Mid 19* & 16*
Irons - 735.CM 4-9
Wedges - 248.06, SM54.14, & SM60.08White Hot Tour #5 Ball - ProV1 XHome Course: The Island

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 - Get rid of the shank. I usually get one or two of these a round and it kills my score. I finally did this - I think. I played my last three rounds without a shank and on some holes, I say to myself - "Shank, shank, shank!" and I hit it fine.

2 - Improve putting speed. Blowing by hole 4 feet or short 3 feet. Try and get it within 2 feet more often.

3 - Improve chipping. Get chips closer to hole. Right now around 4-10 feet. Try to get to 2-5 feet.

4 - Improve pitching. Leaving alot of pitches short. Aim on getting past the hole.

5 - Bring the ball flight down, more shaft lean at impact position.

If I fix my short game, I should be in the low 80s, maybe even break 80 this season.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My main goal for 2008 is to get my up & down percentage above 20%. Right now its about 11%. Of course this means more practice on my shots inside 40 yards and greenside chipping.

--------------------------
"There are only 3 kinds of people in this world -- Those who can count, and those who can't."

1. Increase accuracy in general
2. Learn to play a fade and a draw
3. Elevate my shots
4. Have a more stable mental game
5. Better putting

I may have another post in this thread but here's my new one

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

Score/Handicap: I want to be in the high 70's consistently on my home course. Also would love to get my handicap down to an 8.

Technique: Alignment, plain and simple. I feel I have great distance control from my high irons all the way down to the putter. My accuracy is quite good as well since I don't hook or slice, but I have my friends watch where I am aiming and they say 9/10 that is right where the ball ends up, but where I was aiming was definitely not where I wanted to be.

Mental game: Stay positive and don't press after a bad shot/hole. Pretty cliche, but I think we have all had terrible holes, what good does it do to put more pressure on yourself for something that is already done?

HAVE FUN! (shouldn't be too hard :))

In my Hoofer:

Driver: Big Bertha Warbird 9*
3Wood: Big Bertha
Irons: Eye2 BeCu 2-PWWedges: 56 & 60 RTG 588Putter: Sedona

My goals are many, but here are a few off the top of my head.

- Improve my ball-striking. Eliminate topping the ball, especially when playing with the ball downslope of my feet.

- Get rid of 3-putts and really try hard for 1-putts. learn to read the speed and slope of greens.

- Take my chipping game out onto the course. I do very well at chipping when I have a dozen balls to hit from one location on the practice green. When I'm playing a round and I only have the one chance to get my spin and distance right, I often choke.

- Consistently drive straight. I have really kickass drives on about 5 of 18 holes. The rest are okay and sometimes I have to take a mulligan because of poor ball striking (goal #1 again).

I'd like to be playing under 80, but we'll see how realistic that is!

for 2008, my goal is to improve my putting. Putting is keeping me from improving and I know I don't spend enough time practicing.
Sticks
driver- X460 tour 9.5 Aldila NVS 75
irons- X-forged 3-PW TT BlackGold stiff
wedges- x-tour vintage 52, 56, 60
hybrid- FT-hybrid #2 17* putter- Sophia 33" "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."_Mario Andretti

Goals:
-Play alot more
-Practice alot more
-Get a new set of irons, custom fitted.
-I want to get the Odyssey white-hot xg #9 putter (the one that Phil m. uses)

DRIVER: MACTEC NVG2 Draw 10.5*
WOODS: Big Bertha Warbird 3&7 wood
IRONS: Magique Custom 3-9
WEDGES: PW, Horizon 56*, The Pirate 60*
PUTTER: ????BALLS: Laddie ExtremeMy Scores-http://www.oobgolf.com/golfers/pinbacksc

-play more consistantly
-shoot atleast five rounds under 80
-lower my handicap to, at least, 10 by end of the year.

In my bag:
Driver: R9 TP Rombax Stiff
3 Wood: R9 TP 85g Stiff
3 hybrid: X
4-SW: X-20 Uniflex

SteelLW: Forged Chrome

Putter: White Hot XG #1

#1 Not let swing regress to the "chop" it was before I started lessons in October.

Well after 14 rounds I'm doing fairly well. #1 is the toughest. I'm finding it's a tempo thing on this. If I take a 80% swing, good temop I do very well on the new swing path. It's when I crank it up to 110% I revert to the chop.

Handicap is dropping, started the season at 15.3, yesterday's revision has me @ 12.4 and barring any real set-backs I can see single digits by July.
I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

I intend to break 80 at least 15 more time from now until the begining of next school year, which should be mid-August. If i can get my shortgame going, and get some consistency with my driver, I think I can reach that goal by mid-July. Hopefully

... Keep in mind that I play EVERYDAY pretty much I'm lucky

Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5* with Prolaunch Blue S| Adams InSight XTD A3 15* FW | Adams IDEA a3 hybrid irons | Callaway 52* X-Tour Forged wedge | Titleist Bob Vokey SM56* | PING Day putter

Favorite Ball: Srixon Z Star X

Home Course: Majestic Pines GCage: 16

my goal this season is to maintain my handicap despite my recent graduation from college and entrance into the real world.

less practice time, less rounds while maintaining my index will be a nice challenge for the season

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

Hit more fairways and greens - for 2008 i would like to increase the amount of girs and fairways hit stats. my goal is 60% for both!!!

Speed up my pace of play - I dont take forever to hit the ball, but i have found that I usually hit a better shot if I reduce the amount of time I am standing over the ball.

Commit to my pre-shot routine - i often drop my routine for the next hole if i had a bad hole before. i need to stick to my game throughout the round!

♠ In the bag ♠
Driver► R7 SuperQuad 10.5º, ProForce V2 X
3 Wood► Steelhead III 15º
Hybrid► 2008 Baffler Pro 18º 2/R
Irons 3-P► 2008 Pro CB, Project X 6.0, +¼", 2° UpWedges► 52° RTG+DSG, 58º RTG+DSGPutter► White Hot Tour #1Ball► Pro V1xWhere I play:...

Already cracked one of my 5 goals for 08 to beat 100 which I did on Thursday, managed to pick up a birdie yesterday which was delightful especially because I drove the green. Working away on my swing, bunker shots and Irons and can feel the improvement.

I need to focus on the mental part of my game and taking more time when setting shots up, I played yesterday and a few times mishit a few shots which I feel I could have hit better if I didn't lack focus.

Some realistic goals for 2008:

Putting - Improve on my putting avg. of 1.89 to around 1.7 to 1.81
GiRs - Improve GiRs from 29% to around 36-40%
Driving - Improve Fairways Hit from 40% to around 55%

Commit - commit to every shot/putt (Visualize every shot)
Discapline - Clean club after every shot taken, Try not to use vulgar language after a errand shot.

Score - Shoot a round in the 70s (Have a shot a 78 recently, but dont consider it real as the tee boxes were temporaily moved forward)

These are what I think are real goals for me. I'm hoping to achieve them by years end.

What's in my Premium stand bag:

Driver: 909 D2 Voodoo Stiff
Hybrid: 909H 17* Voodoo Stiff
Irons: MP-52 5-PW Project X 5.0Wedges: Vokey 200 50, SM 54, 58, and 62Putter: Newport Studio 2 34"Ball: ProV1x, Bridgestone 330

Note: This thread is 5673 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!