IGNORED

Goals for 2008

FIJIGolf23
Note: This thread is 5677 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

-Make High School Team
-Break 80
-Become mentally confident and committed to each shot

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Get more consistent, i.e. consistently breaking 90 and hopefully 80 at least once rather than blowing up for a 105 in a conference tournament (it happened).

-Don't lose my cool after one bad shot, remember that golf is supposed to be fun, that's the mean reason why my score inflates sometimes.

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 

3 Wood: Taylormade Rocketballz

Hybrid: Nike Sumo 18*

Irons: Titleist AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Cleveland CG12 60* 56* & 52* 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 1.5

I have to come up with a new one now. I achieved my goal before I had a chance to put it on here. My goal coming into this season was the same as last...break 80.

A few weeks ago I shot a 78 at my home course. Of course I've played like crap ever since (too much brain in my swing at the moment).

So, I need a new goal!
In My Bag ( Superlight 3.5):

Driver: 9.5* Burner SuperFast, Matrix Ozik XCon 4.8 Stiff
Fairway Woods: Steelhead III, Uniflex Steel (3w, 5w)
Hybrids: Big Bertha Heavenwood 4H, Uniflex SteelIrons: Victory Red Full Cavity, Stiff (5-AW)Wedges: WALTER HAGEN,...

Im new on the this forum..

Hello everyone. Im just a 1 time a month golfer. I love the game. Have been playing since I was 10. Everyone says I missed my calling. Couple years ago I didnt play for two years. I had a outing and I shot at 87. Mind you I probably could of had a 80 If not making a couple bad shots.
Anyways hope to find out some usefull tips and enjoy talking to you all soon!

Hit'em straight!

19thHole (aka bill)

My goals are to become more consistant and focus on each and every shot. Tired of feeling like Tiger Woods on one shot then feeling like Elin on the next.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Short Terms Goals:
  • Place in Top 10 of the Junior PGA Championship Qualifier
  • Improve ball striking
  • Get a job to help my mom pay for my golf expenses

Long Term Goals:
  • Get my handicap below 6 by end the end of our season
  • Practice putting more!!!!
  • Be commiting to EVERY shot that I take and trust I will make the shot
  • Stretch every morning and evening to become more flexible
  • Be able to say that I gave it my all in both the Alaska State Amateur and the Alaska State Match play

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Started playing golf only two months ago and am seriously addicted. Luckily there is a golf course less than 5 minutes from my office and management is very relaxed about work times. I end up going to the range or practice area for lunch at least twice a week and will start playing 9 or 18 holes every Friday evening soon.

Goals for 2008:

- Learn to play. Hah!
- Build a consistent swing
- Break 100
- Birdie a hole
- Get fairways hit to 20%

And most importantly:
- To not get frustrated if I don't progress as fast as I'd like to.

Goals for Summer 2008 - Been playing seriously for one month now.

Handicap to single digit.
Practicing Chipping Chipping Chipping Chipping....and Chipping.
More eagles and birdies - consistent scoring.
Course management - don't try to save a horrible shot with a miracle - play it safe - save par.
Not to get mad when I make a horrible shot. =]
Have fun.

"Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end."

Started playing - April 25th, 2008

In my bag: FT-5 Neutral Driver 9° 990B Irons Rifle Flighted Shafts (3-PW) Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Midslant Vokey wedges 252*08,256*12 and 260*04 PROV1xSequoyah National - A Robert Trent...

- Consistently follow up one good shot with another.
- Make sure no shots are so bad that I'm hitting the same club for the next shot.
- Relax.
- Keep having fun.
- Keep improving.

I'm a newbie, but I just joined a 9-hole league. So, I'm going to list my goals for this league which finishes at the end of the summer, or when it gets too dark to play evenings. I've only had 1 lesson so far, and only played on a course 3 times in my life.

• Consistent setup - remembering grip and balance. Focus on the basics to start each swing correctly.
  • Consistent swing - smooth and slow.
  • Consistent contact - hit the ball squarely more often than not.
  • Consistently Straight - good contact with a consistent swing to produce a straight shot. Don't care about distance right now; just smooth and straight.
  • Confidence - Knowing that the ball will go generally where I want it more often than not. More confidence leads to less tension. Relax, slow, smooth, solid contact, straight shot. Do it again.
  • HAVE FUN!

Right now, I haven't played enough to really have a handicap, but last night on the 9-hole I shot a 55 with a 35 as par. I'm putting this here mainly so that I can compare the end of the season with now.

So far, I'm having a lot of fun. Hopefully every day can be as much fun.

10.5* Driver (don't really ever use it)
3w, 5w
23* hybrid
5i through PW, SW
60* Wedge.....................................................................mellojoe

My goals are to develop a powerful, repeatable swing and to break 100!

In my Warbird Hot:
Driver: Burner 10.5* Reg Flex
3 Wood: Mercury Golf MR Jumbo 16*
Irons: X-20 4-AW
Putter: 33" Rossa FontanaShoes:Footjoy Contour

Major goal: Break 90

Reduce wayward tee shots
- Reduce O.B.s (curr. avg 2-3)
- Make drives more consistent. Seem to be fighting a push. Just recently turned into a nasty duck hook every so often. Hit a draw/pull every once in a while. Basically, distance not a problem but not sure which way the ball will go or end up.
- Eliminate one side of the golf course

Improve putting
- Eliminate 3 putts (curr. avg 2-3)
- Improve lag putting
- Sink 3-4' footers

Improve pitching/chipping
- Increase GIR (curr. avg 1-2)
- Increase getting up & downs (curr. avg 1-2)
- Reduce missed pitches/chips (not hitting green)

Improve concentration
- Stay focused for 18 holes. Always seem to blow up on a couple holes.
- Commit & execute on every shot.
- Decrease double bogeys & eliminate anything higher

Start taking lessons
- Get instruction from a teacher
- Keep better track of stats

Improve fitness/endurance
-START working out
-Swim to get in shape
In My X-87 Bag:

Driver: 907 D2 10.5° (YS-6+ R)
3-Wood: 906 F2 (YS-6+ S)
Hybrid: 585H 19° (YS-6+ S)Irons: 735.CM 4-PW (DG R300)Wedges: Vokey 50°, SM.56°, SM.60°Putter: Circa '62 #2

Note: This thread is 5677 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!