IGNORED

My Swing (woodzie264)

• Administrator
1 hour ago, woodzie264 said:

ps. With my working on the pendulums, and the Blast metrics, do you still wants to see putting stroke for critiquing or go back to full swing posts while continuing the putting work "off camera?" I'm happy to do whatever you feel would be the greatest benefit 

It's your swing topic, man. I can't always guarantee I'll be here to help. I think you probably know enough about the putting stuff to do that for yourself for awhile, but… its still your swing topic.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Be the chicken now that's a steady head

Compared to what @woodzie264? 6 months - It looks pretty damn good to me. Nice work.  That is not an easy fix...actually nothing about changing your swing is easy. Well done. 

LOL, I'm not so sure about that, I'm not sure that the ability to buy stuff coincides with any kind of IQ.  It definitely shows an interest, and an amazing degree of tolerance on the part of my wife.

Posted Images

While I continue to work on my putting, I wanted to get back to my actual swing. I left off working on club back & up and straighter Right elbow.  

Looking back, I see improvements with the Right elbow. I see some glaring issues (still coming over the top, I don’t initial the downswing with my hips and they clear slowly...almost blocking to the right). 

• Thanks 1

1/04/20 - did some Blast putting work yesterday. So, I learned something: 

when I’m using the Blast app alone, my rhythm is typically 1.6 - 1.8, BUT yesterday was my first day using the Blast & metronome together and it much quicker, closer to 1.5-1.6 with the low end of 1.4.   I suppose the higher values are what is comfortable for me (when done without metronome). Because I feel like the rhythm is quite individualized, I don’t suppose there’s any benefit in trying to quicken it to match my initial metronome setting which seems to require a quicker pace.  As long as I become consistent with the stroke, that’s really all that matters, right?

16 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

1/04/20 - did some Blast putting work yesterday. So, I learned something: 

when I’m using the Blast app alone, my rhythm is typically 1.6 - 1.8, BUT yesterday was my first day using the Blast & metronome together and it much quicker, closer to 1.5-1.6 with the low end of 1.4.   I suppose the higher values are what is comfortable for me (when done without metronome). Because I feel like the rhythm is quite individualized, I don’t suppose there’s any benefit in trying to quicken it to match my initial metronome setting which seems to require a quicker pace.  As long as I become consistent with the stroke, that’s really all that matters, right?

The rhythm has factors to account for such as length of putter and overall length to shoulders, your stroke method, etc. My putter is 35.5 and I’m 5’ 10”. So my pendulum length is pretty long. My rhythm is around 1.9:1 per the app. My tempo is pretty slow when I match it to a metronome.

A metronome is in beats per minute. It sets up tempo, or how fast a musical piece is played. Rhythm is beats per measure, like 2/4, 3/4 (waltz), 4/4. So the Blast device is just finding your ratio of back to down swing and not really how many swings per minute you would take. 

I think you should try slowing the metronome to match the tempo and rhythm that the blast device found you have and see if it works out better. Set it to 2/4 time and slow it down. Gather some data. Then speed it up and gather data. You are trying to find your natural and repeatable rhythm.

26 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

You are trying to find your natural and repeatable rhythm.

Thanks - that was my thoughts exactly. While I was using 80bpm doing the metronome drill back during the COVID challenge because  I thought that felt comfortable, I know find it a little quick. But yes, through this process I realize my main goal is not to fit my stroke into a certain time parameters, but rather establish a consistent repeatable stroke for more predictable results. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

A metronome is in beats per minute. It sets up tempo, or how fast a musical piece is played. Rhythm is beats per measure, like 2/4, 3/4 (waltz), 4/4. So the Blast device is just finding your ratio of back to down swing and not really how many swings per minute you would take.

Right, the ratio (rhythm, which Blast calls the tempo) is independent of the beat, in the sense that it’s a ratio only. The following tempos would have the same rhythm or ratio:

1 second backswing, 0.5 second downswing.
0.5 second backswing, 0.25 second downswing.
0.8 second backswing, 0.4 second downswing.

1.4 to 1.5 is likely too low. I don’t subscribe to the 1.8 to 2.2 that Blast likes, but 1.6 to 2.0 is a decent range, I think.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

Right, the ratio (rhythm, which Blast calls the tempo) is independent of the beat, in the sense that it’s a ratio only. The following tempos would have the same rhythm or ratio:

1 second backswing, 0.5 second downswing.
0.5 second backswing, 0.25 second downswing.
0.8 second backswing, 0.4 second downswing.

1.4 to 1.5 is likely too low. I don’t subscribe to the 1.8 to 2.2 that Blast likes, but 1.6 to 2.0 is a decent range, I think.

My happy place is 1.6-1.8 averaging 1.7. I really appreciate this recommendation...it’s been great. I look forward to going out the course at some point and using it “when it matters” and seeing how much of this is real change.

35 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

1/04/20 - club back & up w/straighter right elbow

Noooo...!  Not 2020 again, please.

• Funny 1

@woodzie264 let your right elbow come up off your chest earlier in the swing. If you keep it by pinned against your torso it has no choice but to fold as the left arm rises.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

What’s “stater” about it? 🙂

Left the R out;  Str8er = straighter in my young hip texting vernacular.

Clearly I’m not so hip

10 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Clearly I’m not so hip

I’m so not hip I didn’t even get it!😜