IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge March 2017

iacas
Note: This thread is 2584 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

14/3/17 - some putting tempo work and takeaway stuff before bed. Meant to get to the range but stuff cropped up at work :( - hopefully I'll get there on Friday though.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3/15 - stance, wall drill. Slow backswings

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

"Beware the ides of March!"

3/15 - Mirror work at the gym. Both knees are sore, as is my left elbow and wrist all from the shovel fest yesterday. And yes we have a snow blower, but one works it while the other 3 shovel. 

Focused on my key 3 work and added a little palmar flexion feel, which I was doing before with my Evolvr instructor. My club faces were a bit open at A6 on film and most shots on the simulator this weekend were pushing right of target.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

3/15. Part II - hit small bucket on the range. REALLY struggled with pushing the ball when swinging with a better turn...I guess because I'm just not getting the club face back to square at impact. I hit a few with my old swing...bullet straight. Change sucks :cry::cry:

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

3/15: 30 minutes of pitching practice, mostly off of my stance mat (thin rug on hard ground), giving me a nice, tight lie to practice from. Working on shallow swing, trying to take some of the "thump" out of it. Another 30 minutes or so of full swings, doing mostly clubface drills. I set up a bucket about 10 yards out and practiced starting the ball left and right of it, slowly incorporating some curve both ways.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

3/15: 10 minutes foyer mirror work.  Centered hip turn.  Backswing. Flat left wrist. Elbows. Close together. 

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

15/3/17 - more takeaway stuff at work. It's getting there, but really need to get to the range at some point...

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

3/16 - 5 minutes slows swings and mirror work. Focusing on Key 3 work.

Scott

My Swing Thread

3/16: 30 minutes with 50-80% swings starting the ball left or right of target line and eventually working in some curve. Starting to work on the shot cone concept a bit.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

3/16: 10 minutes hip turn. Centered on backswing, then all the way to followthrough in mirror. Straightening left leg and turning left hip back and around.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

16/3/17 - Managed to get to the range today for 20 minutes and worked on transferring the takeaway practice into ful swings. Some success but more work needed.

5 min structured swings and wall drill.not convinced these drills are helping. Tomorrow is travel day and arrive home Saturday morning. No more travel until June, I hope. 

3/17 - Happy St. Patrick's Day! More wall drills... some without the wall.

-Jonny

3/17 - Shoulder and hip turn work while on long conference calls. Focused on centered hip turn and turning hips more from A4 to 6.

Scott

My Swing Thread

17/3/17 - More slow motion takeaway stuff today in the office when I got a spare five minutes. Will get to the range tomorrow and have a proper session to really see whether this is getting better.

Note: This thread is 2584 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!