IGNORED

New member from Annapolis, MD

GolfAddict2
Note: This thread is 2609 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello Everyone,

I have been lurking for a while and finally decided to join.  I have been playing golf for about 20 yrs now.  when single, i used to play every weekend.  Now married and w kids, it is a lot harder to play that often. I feel like a chauffeur driving my kids all over town for all sorts of sports events.  But now that kids are getting older i am trying to get back into it.  I hope to play at least 3 times/month hopefully more.

Currently my game is very inconsistent, w, my main problem being lack of distance mainly due to a slice.  I still love the game for the good shots we hit during a round and for the camaraderie the game brings.  Nothing beats being on the course being challenged by the course, the elements, your own thinking and the relentless pursuit of the perfect shot, or pin high distance shot, spinning bunker shots and "member" bounces off a tree back into the fairway and the occasional 40 yd putt that incredibly enough it just happened to go in.(and the crowd goes wild) .  The game is sooo infuriatingly easy to love and to hate.  : )

A while back i was a member of an internet golf community "Ham n Egg on Golf"  met a lot of great people there. Met them online and in person. We used to do trips to Myrtle beach, CA, FL they were a lot of fun.  That community is now defunct and i stumbled upon this one.  so here i am.

I hope to meet some of you and maybe get to play a round or 2 with those that live nearby.

thanks.............

and hit them straight.

GA2

Welcome. I think you'll find some kindred spirits here, and TST is definitely a place where we encourage people to step out from behind the anonymous avatars. Swing threads, vlogs, regional gatherings, and other ways.

Maybe pencil in this date:

Lots of us will likely join portions of the get together. Just add yourself to the growing list to be included on updates.  No commitment- just a feel for who is interested. 

Anyway, welcome!!!

• Upvote 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

30 minutes ago, GolfAddict2 said:

inconsistent

Ah. One of the guys' favorite topics right there. I was just reading through this earlier.

Oh yeah. Welcome to TST. 

Welcome!

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Note: This thread is 2609 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!