IGNORED

Nicklaus Shoots Below His Age

boogielicious
Note: This thread is 2589 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/03/16/jack-nicklaus-shoots-six-strokes-below-his-age/?hpid=hp_regional-hp-cards_rhp-card-sports%3Ahomepage%2Fcard&utm_term=.000d6e1cc95d

Along with hitting a hole-in-one, most golfers dream of one day shooting their age. Jack Nicklaus, of course, has achieved just about everything any golfer could dream of, including numerous holes-in-one, and as far shooting his age, well, the Golden Bear can do better than that.

Six strokes better, in fact. That’s what unfolded Monday, as Nicklaus shot a 71 at the ripe old age of 77.

“Just when I was getting my handicap up there, I had to go and not only shoot just my second round under 80 since November, but better my age by six shots with a 71,” Nicklaus wrote in a post Wednesday to his Instagram account.

He recorded his feat at Old Palm Golf Club in Palm Beach Gardens, Fla., site of Ernie Els’s pro-am, which benefits his school for children with autism. Els and his wife, Liezl, established their charitable foundation in 2009 after discovering that their son Ben, now 13, had the developmental disorder

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That's encouraging.  I do not feel so bad about not breaking 80 since I did it twice about a year and a half ago. I am 75 in July this year.  2017 lowest round is 85

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

"Just when I was getting my handicap up there...." :dance:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

3 minutes ago, David in FL said:

"Just when I was getting my handicap up there...." :dance:

I think Mr. Nicklaus has been taking people's money. :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I haven't seen this yet but it was funny I was wondering what he'd shoot on the courses we play around here. Totally random I know but the answer was waiting for me when I browsed Yahoo this AM.

Dave :-)

Pretty cool.  My dad has beaten his age multiple times over the past few years...sometimes by a few shots.  I can only hope that I'm still walking, playing golf and that level at his age.  It might be from the green tees but its still impressive!

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Note: This thread is 2589 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!