IGNORED

Oh crap - I have a "nickname" at my club!

jkelley9
Note: This thread is 2584 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

11 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

Some guys I know played with a guy that jogged/ran to his ball every hole. The consensus was that the guy was odd. I had to agree. @jkelley9 you may also have a label too.

Lol I guess it's a little odd but it works great for me. There's a few reasons I do it:

1. In the evenings after work a lot of the year gets dark quickly so I try to "squeeze" in 9 holes

2. Those evenings there's typically nobody on the course so I'm definitely not rushing anyone from behind. If I do see people on an adjacent hole I'll just slow down to a regular pace, not a big deal. 

3. I'm trying to build of my leg stamina and reduce the effect of fatigue in my golf shot. This has been working great. When I run between holes (it's really not a run, it's a light jog at best) it gets my legs a little tired for the next shot. I kind of use this as "fatigue practice." It's actually helped a lot! 

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, jkelley9 said:

Lol I guess it's a little odd but it works great for me. There's a few reasons I do it:

1. In the evenings after work a lot of the year gets dark quickly so I try to "squeeze" in 9 holes

2. Those evenings there's typically nobody on the course so I'm definitely not rushing anyone from behind. If I do see people on an adjacent hole I'll just slow down to a regular pace, not a big deal. 

3. I'm trying to build of my leg stamina and reduce the effect of fatigue in my golf shot. This has been working great. When I run between holes (it's really not a run, it's a light jog at best) it gets my legs a little tired for the next shot. I kind of use this as "fatigue practice." It's actually helped a lot! 

I walk very fast on mine, near jog but not so I get the holes in. As for two, I would not care for that because I like a fairly repeatable consistency in my shot rather than a increased breathing or heart rate that I would not normally have.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

In order to maintain the dictated pace of play, and burn an extra beer's worth, I take one step backward to every two steps forward. This helps me maintain my spacing between the slow group in front of me and the slow group three holes behind.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

In order to maintain the dictated pace of play, and burn an extra beer's worth, I take one step backward to every two steps forward. This helps me maintain my spacing between the slow group in front of me and the slow group three holes behind.

Hey were not talking about your golf game here....:beer:

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Well..  "Speed Golf Guy" is certainly a much better nickname than, "Oh Crap", which is how I originally read this thread title. 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

22 hours ago, lastings said:

Well..  "Speed Golf Guy" is certainly a much better nickname than, "Oh Crap", which is how I originally read this thread title. 

No, that's just what I say after most of my shots! :banana:

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

On 3/28/2017 at 3:48 PM, jkelley9 said:

"Speed golf guy"... I run between shots often...

Do any of you guys have a nickname at your club, in your weekend/league group, or the like?

Do the other guys in your group run/jog too?

As to your question, long ago some of the guys in a golf league called me "Mr. Rules" in a vain attempt to disparage my effort to play within the Rules. In the end, they just gave me an edge as they were always scared to do anything "wrong" when playing me.  I never made an issue with their Rules trampling but they were always concerned.

Now with my buddies I am just BK.

Brian Kuehn

14 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

Do the other guys in your group run/jog too?

As to your question, long ago some of the guys in a golf league called me "Mr. Rules" in a vain attempt to disparage my effort to play within the Rules. In the end, they just gave me an edge as they were always scared to do anything "wrong" when playing me.  I never made an issue with their Rules trampling but they were always concerned.

Now with my buddies I am just BK.

God no, lol. My regular group uses carts. I only do this (jogging thing between shots) in the evenings at my home course when I'm playing as a single and there's very few people on the course.

Note: This thread is 2584 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!