IGNORED

Coming in 4.2: Clubs - How to Use Here?

iacas
Note: This thread is 2543 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

IPS 4.2 is going to introduce something called "Clubs."

We had "groups" or something similar on Huddler, and now it's coming to IPS in a more powerful way.

https://invisionpower.com/news/new-clubs-r1017/

There's some information on it.

My question for all of you… how would you like to see this implemented?

Let's use this topic to brainstorm. What kind of club would you like to create? To join?

Clubs don't have to be strictly golf-related.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think an easy one would be specific age groups? That way guys can complain about their wives who complain about all the golf they do, or how guys with young kids handle playing on the weekends. That might not be relevant to guys who are retired and are empty nesters. 

Maybe public golf vs private club golf?

Maybe a club for car guys, or maybe that is just handled in the OT section. 

We already have a reviews section, so are there any brand loyalst sections, IE where guys can talk about the new Titleist clubs coming out this year. Might help newer folks navigate since the search feature is sometimes overwhelming, even for me. 

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

16 minutes ago, iacas said:

IPS 4.2 is going to introduce something called "Clubs."

We had "groups" or something similar on Huddler, and now it's coming to IPS in a more powerful way.

There's some information on it.

My question for all of you… how would you like to see this implemented?

Let's use this topic to brainstorm. What kind of club would you like to create? To join?

The first thing that comes to mind is the formation of regional clubs, with the regions as large (East Coast) or as small (Maryland) as makes sense.  I know there are separate threads for certain skill levels (Breaking 100, breaking 90, etc) so perhaps that's another set of clubs that makes sense.  A club might be used for Newport Cup stuff, for organizational details and coordination.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator

The only thing I'll mention is that I don't want to create clubs for content that could be discussed in the forum.

The visitor will see the forum first. A club they have to "join" in addition to joining the forum adds a step and will confuse people. Most people understand joining a site and posting to the forum. Also having to join a "club" will add a step.

I think I'd prefer that clubs be largely non-golf related.

Local user groups may be an exception to that.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Would the Group idea be like before when anyone posted a comment, a notification was sent to all group members,
similar to when using the 'following function' ?

I recall @WUTiger had created a Group "Arch Land Golfers" which everyone would post on topics like Golfing together.

It could also be used for commenting on Local Courses, or a means to notify the group of a possible day of golf together, 
or simply ideas of where anyone would be playing.

I recall we also used it for - Example, meeting at the golf Expo. 

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

Would the Group idea be like before when anyone posted a comment, a notification was sent to all group members, similar to when using the 'following function' ?

• Upvote 1

Looks great, it will be a good addition to the site.
Could any other features be added or created by users, such as a new idea or anything as people come up with ideas?
Possibly a private "Chat Room"?
Or, once it is set, that would be the standard.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

• Administrator
59 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

Looks great, it will be a good addition to the site.
Could any other features be added or created by users, such as a new idea or anything as people come up with ideas?
Possibly a private "Chat Room"?
Or, once it is set, that would be the standard.

We have chat capabilities.

InvisionPower doesn't really care what the users of one forum think, either… :-)

Nice. I like the car club idea. Maybe the guys that ride bikes or run could have a club. Sports club maybe to talk college football, baseball, etc...Gun club for anyone interested in guns. There are really quite a few possibilities depending on how many members have the same interests..

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Note: This thread is 2543 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!