IGNORED

Just ordered Ping i200's!

Note: This thread is 2222 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

At the end of last year I was trending down.  I got the I200's for Christmas and played 3x's on one trip outside.  I have played many times inside on a simulator.

Going from Callaway Apex CF16's I think I have better distance control.  With the CF16's a good strike went considerably further than a marginal one.  I have Arccos and I think I was playing the long distance.  My home courses are brutal if you are past the pin.  With the Pings I am not getting the deep shots and the spread is less.  I think it is going to help my game BUT, I can enhance or destroy my game to a greater degree than the clubs ever will.

• Thumbs Up 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

appreciate your responses.....look forward to hearing more feedback.

I have found you have about 3 different types of buyers of new clubs:

1.  buy something new every year

2.  upgrade from 5- 7-12 years ago

3.  getting back into the game.

category 1 not really relevant, as they will have a new bag in 6-12 months.  i mean, they have plenty of feedback, but just not sure if their commentary relates to my own game......like reading about a guy with a 122 mph driver swing speed, good for him, but his testing / gaming has zero bearing on my 102-104 mph swing speed.  

2.  this is the group most closely related to me, have hogan apex forged irons, the cavity backed ones.  what a feel, and prob why i chose the i200s.....most closely related to the feel, albeit, not forged.  better dispersion, a tad longer, more forgiving.

3.  good to hear from, but difficult to judge, unless they have 10+ rounds with their new clubs. 

• 2 weeks later...

I made a horrible mistake. I went into a local golf shop to look at replacing the irons on my PING I25 irons. They had some I200 there with the shaft options I want and I swung them. Now I want them. My wife is not going to be happy when I come home with them soon.

• Like 1

Trollin' is the life

On 3/22/2018 at 2:39 PM, MuniGrit said:

I made a horrible mistake. I went into a local golf shop to look at replacing the irons on my PING I25 irons. They had some I200 there with the shaft options I want and I swung them. Now I want them. My wife is not going to be happy when I come home with them soon.

Yeah...I don't see any good coming from this.  I just got vetoed by the wench on a shaft purchase at wrx...apparently I have enough " golf shit".

On 4/29/2017 at 1:48 PM, Vinsk said:

The hosels are solid on these clubs. They really give off a buttery clunk when struck good and violent. Good trajectory on the shanks for sure. They generate an alarming curvature that really accentuates a well struck shank.

A bit of a delayed reaction, but this post couldn't go unrewarded. Not laughing at your misfortune but in the way you described it. Very creative.

I hope you've gotten it worked out. Congrats on the new clubs. 

Jon

9 hours ago, JonMA1 said:

A bit of a delayed reaction, but this post couldn't go unrewarded. Not laughing at your misfortune but in the way you described it. Very creative.

I hope you've gotten it worked out. Congrats on the new clubs. 

Ah yes my friend! Glad to say I’ve come to love them and have really calmed down the shanks. The i200’s and S55’s are definitely my favorite Pings to date.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

23 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

Yeah...I don't see any good coming from this.  I just got vetoed by the wench on a shaft purchase at wrx...apparently I have enough " golf shit".

That is what mine said too. We are selling and getting a new house soon so after that they are coming home. I totally understand now why my dad and uncles always had folded up 100s in their wallets when I was younger. I'm doing same thing now making my slush fund. 100 a week.

• Like 1

Trollin' is the life

Note: This thread is 2222 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!