IGNORED

Hands too far forward at address..

Note: This thread is 2585 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

(edited)

:::::UPDATE:::::

Well, with the thought of club face angle in mind, I headed back to the hitting bay to take some swings.   

Thinking about what I could to ensure that the club face square at impact, I decided to tinker with some things.   I felt the obvious adjustment would be to simply open the club face a bit more at address.   Doing this meant that for the club face to be more open and still aimed down the target line, my hands naturally had to move back in my stance.  (concurrently, I moved the ball up a bit in my stance). 

What did I find?  after a couple swings to get used to the adjustment, I was looking at some of the best ball striking of my life.   swing after swing, I was crushing center-face nice high draws.  But, more telling, is that I was hearing a sound off my club face that I have never heard before.  I was a crisp audible snap.  a sound that only comes from a perfectly clean, powerful ball strike.   

I'm in a good mood right now.  

But..   the more I think about this, there is more to this than meets the eye.   The old set-up may not have been producing the best ball strikes, but, I think it was working wonders to get my body working in unison, and for my backswing to be uniform with a good turn.  I believe that old set-up ingrained that takeaway into my swing, and even though I left the set up today for a more neutral position, the takeaway still stayed true.   I think that this set-up works as a mental trigger for me, and I think down the road when things become a bit unraveled, I know where I might look to find it again..   

Edited by lastings
  • Upvote 1

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good that you seemed to have solved this issue!

But..   the more I think about this, there is more to this than meets the eye.   The old set-up may not have been producing the best ball strikes, but, I think it was working wonders to get my body working in unison, and for my backswing to be uniform with a good turn.  I believe that old set-up ingrained that takeaway into my swing, and even though I left the set up today for a more neutral position, the takeaway still stayed true.   I think that this set-up works as a mental trigger for me, and I think down the road when things become a bit unraveled, I know where I might look to find it again..  

I've wondered if there was any way I could have improved the "right way" or if doing things incrementally as you described is the only way to "get there"?

This is a really strange game, but as long as you get there, I suppose it doesn't really matter how? :beer:

Edited by Lihu
The formatting of the text was messed up because of the "Read More" feature. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2585 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!