IGNORED

My Swing (Antneye)

Antneye
Note: This thread is 998 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

That's better!

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, Antneye said:

3) less is more. My best contact/flight/distance came when I was swinging what felt like 80%. It felt effortless but the ball jumped off my club. 

This.  I have trained myself to understand that when I'm not trying to kill the ball with my driver that it goes out there a decent ways.  It really has given me a lot of confidence off the tee.

• Thumbs Up 1

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

• 2 weeks later...

No new video yet but my full swing is progressing nicely. I am hitting it better than I have in a long time and am at a point where I can adjust to my misses. What is becoming evident to me is that my sole focus on my full swing is hurting the rest of my game and I need to go back to a more balanced practice routine. I am bleeding strokes with my chipping and putting.  

No new video since I don't think there is anything new to show. I'm posting looking for some advice. 

My full swing is much improved but I suffer from standing up through impact which leads to a lot of toe strikes. It is so much that I have to line the ball up on the hozzel and still end up with some toe strikes. I'm familiar with the wall drill and do that from time to time but I'm trying to get to the root cause of early extension to try to figure out what I should be focusing on to address it within my swing. I think this needs to be my priority piece if I'm going to make the next jump in my ball striking. Compensating by lining up on the hozzel is not going to solve the issue and will only lead to negative feedback when I do things right only to end up with a shank off the hozzel. 

• Administrator

Post a video. We don't all remember everyone's swings, my man!

Make getting free help as easy as possible on those who would give you that help.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Post a video. We don't all remember everyone's swings, my man!

Make getting free help as easy as possible on those who would give you that help.

Fair point. I just assumed that since my swing has not changed from my last video it would be redundant. I’ll try to get to the range soon. 

Thanks as always. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Antneye said:

Fair point. I just assumed that since my swing has not changed from my last video it would be redundant. I’ll try to get to the range soon. 

Thanks as always. 

Your extension is likely a result of something else.

Finally got some video although I was a bit rushed because I spent a lot of time chipping and putting. I did not check after each shot it so I ended up cutting off the top of the swing but I think it’s still serviceable. I hit the driver really well. It’s been coming around nicely. Irons were a little fat and I was surprised by that since I’ve been hitting them well of late. I don’t love what I see on my swing plane. It seems to have regressed a bit so I’m going to pay a bit more attention to that in my daily work.

Thoughts?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 weeks later...

I’ve slowed down a bit on my practice but I’m still working on my swing. I shot 88 last week and my handicap is coming back down but I’m kind of stuck for the last month or so and not really sure what my focus should be. Looking at my video I feel I may be getting a little flippy. My biggest miss with my irons is hitting fat shots. With the driver it’s a two way miss. Contact with my driver is the best it’s ever been but I’m still prone to spraying it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

You really get a lot more rotation in your driver swings than iron. Chest gets back to target more, with driver, then hands stay more with chest and drives across body in better timing. Basically, make your driver swing, your iron swing too, in terms of overall hip and chest rotation. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• 6 months later...

It’s been a while since I have posted a video. I have not had much practice time but I forced myself to get out to the range today to see what it looks like. I’ve been hitting my driver better than ever but am struggling with my irons (primary miss is fat shots). I had a bit of a regression in my scoring but do have my handicap down to an 18 and shot an 88 my last round. 

looking at my video was an eye opener. I feel like some of my OTT is coming back but I still think there is some improvement from where I was. My primary focus has moved on to trying to increase my lag and feel the back of my left hand facing the target at impact. After looking at this I may go back to my original focus of trying to shallow my downswing and keeping my head more steady. 

I would appreciate any feedback you all may have. Thanks!!

• Administrator

Two things I'd work on:

1. Grip is super palmy:

feeedfb6-1a2d-4a85-983e-1d6c790f172a.png

2. Arms way too active, need to go up more than around:

0fbfbaca-13d9-4412-a5d7-d7a7a912655b.jpg

15 minutes ago, iacas said:

Two things I'd work on:

1. Grip is super palmy:

feeedfb6-1a2d-4a85-983e-1d6c790f172a.png

2. Arms way too active, need to go up more than around:

0fbfbaca-13d9-4412-a5d7-d7a7a912655b.jpg

Interesting. Thanks for the feedback. I sometimes get sloppy with my grip so I’ll concentrate on that more at setup. I know the proper grip but sometimes it helps to go back and review fundamentals. 

Point 2 is something that I had an issue with way back on my first swing thread post so maybe it has crept back in. I’ll have to pay more attention to that. Thanks!!

• Administrator

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow. I went back and watched some of my older, more on plane swings, and you can see how much lower my hands are now compared to then. It’s amazing what video and a trained eye can accomplish. Making this my primary focus along with more thought about proper grip becoming ingrained in my preshot routine. 

Note: This thread is 998 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!