Sign in to follow this  
Covert

Finding a golfing companion

Note: This thread is 981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

8 posts / 3921 viewsLast Reply

I recently lost my wife to illness. She accompanied me golfing, and we loved traveling to interesting course destinations. I would still like to travel to such courses, but not alone. Does anyone know a legitimate match-up website to meet potential opposite sex golfing companions? I know some golf match-up/dating sites are robots and scams.

So sorry for your loss.  My daughter found her husband on Match.com.   Neither golf but I'm sure you could make that a priority in your profile.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Paging @jsgolfer.  If I remember right, his wife was on a golf/dating site (I hope I characterized that correctly).  He may have even met her that way. 

55 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

So sorry for your loss.  My daughter found her husband on Match.com.   Neither golf but I'm sure you could make that a priority in your profile.

I think, not 100% sure, but think that Match has partner sites that target more specific matches, including one for golfers...

6 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Paging @jsgolfer.  If I remember right, his wife was on a golf/dating site (I hope I characterized that correctly).  He may have even met her that way. 

My wife and I met while being Members of the American Singles Golf Association.

http://www.singlesgolf.com/

There are chapters in most large cities.  You sign up to play, they typically play Saturday's at local public courses.  And then there are national events, we went to Pinehurst a couple of times and they travel all over.  Hawaii, Scotland, etc.

Great time, no better way to find out about a person, then spending 4.5 hours on the golf course.  It was great fun.  Very few good golfers, but they like to have fun, which is more important anyway.

Edited by jsgolfer

Thank you to all. I joined ASGA and will pursue the other sites mentioned.

5 hours ago, Covert said:

Thank you to all. I joined ASGA and will pursue the other sites mentioned.

FWIW - There are usually more ladies playing golf then men, at least at most of the events I went too.  They'll put you with a different lady every time you play.

On 6/9/2017 at 8:07 AM, jsgolfer said:

FWIW - There are usually more ladies playing golf then men, at least at most of the events I went too.  They'll put you with a different lady every time you play.

A lot of dating match sites are activity specific. I used to belong to a motorcycle site, that was part of a national site with different sub-sites. I thing it was called Tango wire or something like that. Another pretty good site is Plentyoffish.com (not sure of the spelling). There was a motorcycle san diego based site that was run by a female. The idea was to match bikers up with female passengers/pillion riders but there were also a number of women who had their own motorcycles. 

Note: This thread is 981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!