IGNORED

San Diego area golf round soon anyone?

Note: This thread is 1868 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

51 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Next outing you'll show us how much you've improved you mean. :-) 

hope springs eternal. I've had bad streaks before. Hopefully, this too shall pass. Like the man said  "  #$it Happens.

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Oddly enough, that one terrible score does not effect my H.I. that much, only 0.3 pts difference. It is not included in best ten of most recent twenty, but does cause one of the twenty to drop off the chart. which shifts everything up one line. If I can manage one low score next outing, it should help lower index even lower than it was before.  (moves the "a" of bell shaped curve).  @Shindig should appreciate that factoid assuming I am explaining that correctly.  "a" = "mu" (I do not know how to reproduce the correct symbol) but am talking about mean and standard deviation.

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

for future events. I might suggest Twin Peaks in San Marcos. A little higher priced, but twilight starts at 2:32 and is only $35 I believe and they may move twilight up an hour later on.(not sure).

"James"

What's our list for future ones?  @Hacker James and @Hategolf had one place in mind for next time and I should have written it down.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

23 minutes ago, Shindig said:

What's our list for future ones?  @Hacker James and @Hategolf had one place in mind for next time and I should have written it down.

http://www.arrowoodgolf.com/

"James"

Wow, it's been a while since I've logged in.

In any case, I might be in for Arrowood.

My kids are starting school soon. My son is starting at the university. Kind of busy lately. That and my main interests are no longer golf related. However, I still play once a week. I should post more rounds. Shot okay in Boston, then tanked a round with my son. He says I have no short game :-P. Lost 16 shots around the green at Santa Anita last week, but didn't really get upset or anything about it because my long game is still working some...what.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

1 hour ago, Lihu said:

Wow, it's been a while since I've logged in.

In any case, I might be in for Arrowood.

We missed you buddy.  We'd love to play more with you.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

4 hours ago, Shindig said:

We missed you buddy.  We'd love to play more with you.

I really enjoyed the last outing as well. :-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

On 8/20/2017 at 5:09 PM, Shindig said:

although we discussed getting together frequently, regardless of the size of the group, I would like to reiterate that I am willing to travel as far as 100 miles.  I am not familiar with many courses North of San Diego County however., I can not speak for the several others who live in SD County. I have not played Red Hawk either.  South Bay and East County are okay too i.e. Bonita, Chula Vista, Sycuan, Steele Canyon, East Lake,, Barona, Madera, Miramer, Admiral Baker or whatever.  I would like to keep the green fee charges down howeve, Top end for me would be $65.  Twilight hours okay too if we can still get 18

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

12 hours ago, Hacker James said:

although we discussed getting together frequently, regardless of the size of the group, I would like to reiterate that I am willing to travel as far as 100 miles.  I am not familiar with many courses North of San Diego County however., I can not speak for the several others who live in SD County. I have not played Red Hawk either.  South Bay and East County are okay too i.e. Bonita, Chula Vista, Sycuan, Steele Canyon, East Lake,, Barona, Madera, Miramer, Admiral Baker or whatever.  I would like to keep the green fee charges down howeve, Top end for me would be $65.  Twilight hours okay too if we can still get 18

I might be able to play in a couple weeks in San Diego, and will keep you posted as to exactly when.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

19 hours ago, Hacker James said:

I'd add Balboa Park to that list.  The 18 hole course is $32 for residents and $40 for non-resident on weekdays and $40 for residents and $50 for non-residents on weekends.

Also, I'm interested in Torrey which is expensive for non-residents... but if you're a resident let's do it.

@Hacker James, @No Mulligans, @gregsandiego, or anyone else in San Diego?

Hey guys, I'll be in the San Diego area the week of the 4th. Not sure which day I'd have free yet, but if anyone is up for a round of golf let me know.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

On 8/28/2017 at 9:39 AM, Lihu said:

@Hacker James, @No Mulligans, @gregsandiego, or anyone else in San Diego?

Hey guys, I'll be in the San Diego area the week of the 4th. Not sure which day I'd have free yet, but if anyone is up for a round of golf let me know.

I might be free next week middle of the week if the weather cools a bit. Currently, too hot. Thinking The Vineyard in Escondido.

"James"

Okay.....I have a tee time for four at The Vineyard In Escondido at 7:15 9/6/2017. If no takers by 5 pm PDT. I will change it to a single for myself. 

"James"

3 hours ago, Hacker James said:

I might be free next week middle of the week if the weather cools a bit. Currently, too hot. Thinking The Vineyard in Escondido.

I might actually be there Thursday and Friday. Working on Friday. I'd like to for a round Thursday mid-morning? Need to see how my schedule is going, though. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

1 hour ago, Hacker James said:

Okay.....I have a tee time for four at The Vineyard In Escondido at 7:15 9/6/2017. If no takers by 5 pm PDT. I will change it to a single for myself. 

er, I forgot to indicate a day for that notification deadline, I meant to say by 5 PM PDT on Monday the 4th, sorry. Tee time is still 7:15 on Wednesday the 6th

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

51 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

er, I forgot to indicate a day for that notification deadline, I meant to say by 5 PM PDT on Monday the 4th, sorry. Tee time is still 7:15 on Wednesday the 6th

To get there by 7:00-ish, I'd have to wake up at something like 3:00am. That's just a tad early for me. Can you make it Thursday 8:30 or something like that?

With my AMPed players club it's still only about $35.97 with cart and drink. Nice! I hope I to make it Thursday. Wednesday is out, as I've got a lot of work to do unless you can help me take some "outdoor" data in between shots. :-D

Edited by Lihu

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

26 minutes ago, Lihu said:

To get there by 7:00-ish, I'd have to wake up at something like 3:00am. That's just a tad early for me. Can you make it Thursday 8:30 or something like that?

With my AMPed players club it's still only about $35.97 with cart and drink. Nice! I hope I to make it Thursday. Wednesday is out, as I've got a lot of work to do unless you can help me take some "outdoor" data in between shots. :-D

S.W.M.B.O. has priority plans for Thursday, sorry. Wednesday is my only real day next week and it is looking like a break in the WX. Senior rate for me is $36 anytime.

"James"

Note: This thread is 1868 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!