IGNORED

Behind a Foursome of Slow-Playing Kids

Buckeyebowman
Note: This thread is 2490 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Just admit you were wrong, dude. You're an unreliable narrator on this topic.

I've already pointed out that every boy in the field would have beat you even if you played to your handicap all three rounds, and all but one girl (and I know Jayne) would have beaten you too (allowing for them playing their tees).

According to my friend with the AJGA, the tournament rounds were all on the South course. So who left the trash lying about…?

18 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Nothing any better than I can shoot,

False.

IMG_3130.PNG

IMG_3131.PNG

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas changed the title to Get Off My Law… errrrr… Golf Course

I'm struggling to understand.  Does the fact that they're decent players exclude them from pace of play considerations and etiquette towards other golfers simultaneously playing the same course?

I would hope that a primary goal of junior golf would be to foster the behavior that we expect of responsible adults in the game.  No?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, David in FL said:

I'm struggling to understand.  Does the fact that they're decent players exclude them from pace of play considerations and etiquette towards other golfers simultaneously playing the same course?

I would hope that a primary goal of junior golf would be to foster the behavior that we expect of responsible adults in the game.  No?

He wasn't behind AJGA players.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

I would hope that a primary goal of junior golf would be to foster the behavior that we expect of responsible adults in the game.

Like not playing as a 5 some when they're not allowed?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

I know.  I just meant junior golf in general.  

4 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Not sure I understand.

Interestingly, I played in a 5-some today.  We offered to let a 3-ball in 3 carts play through on 6.  They declined.  We easily stayed ahead of them and finished in a very comfortable 3:40.  Thank God, cuz boys, it was freaking HOT out there this afternoon!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, David in FL said:

I know.  I just meant junior golf in general.

I don't think he was commenting on junior golfers in general.

I may have read it wrong but I thought the OP, after complaining about rules/etiquette of the young group ahead, stated he was playing in a fivesome which isn't allowed at this course. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• iacas changed the title to Behind a Foursome of Slow-Playing Kids
On 6/22/2017 at 7:51 PM, David in FL said:

Huh.  Why not?  Are they not expected to respect normally accepted courtesy?  Are they taught that when playing an event that they own the course?  I'm genuinely interested, as I don't know...

Because I can guarantee they were right behind the group in front of them while playing in that tournament. Having played in that type of atmosphere, you're almost always waiting on the group ahead of you, meaning playing through wouldn't have done much good.

But yeah, if you said they shot terrible it definitely wasn't AJGA. You have to qualify to play in AJGA tournaments, meaning an 80 is considered bad with an 85 being awful.

I used to live in the area where AJGA is headquartered and I would volunteer at their tournaments. They have timers every 3 holes and giving them red or green cards for pace of play. I believe two red and they start getting penalty strokes. These were their top events with kids from all around the world. Great organization.

On 6/23/2017 at 10:16 PM, David in FL said:

I would hope that would be the case. Since I saw them socializing with AJGA staffers on the clubhouse veranda, I made an assumption which was probably wrong. Maybe they were checking out possibilities of playing in future events. I'm sure reality would take hold then! My slow play complaint remains valid.

On 6/23/2017 at 10:24 PM, iacas said:

I suspect that's the case, although it's not often that I encounter foursomes of high school aged kids all walking and carrying. Not these days! Especially not in unsanctioned play.

As far as admitting I was wrong, I thought I did that in my last post. Won't happen again. My slow play complaint remains valid.

On 6/23/2017 at 10:28 PM, Vinsk said:

That's right! We played as a 2 some and a 3 some. We would circle back to them and check in, and do some good natured razzing. Believe me, we had the time!

My slow play complaint remains valid.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

My slow play complaint remains valid.

Okay.

But at this point, the thread is basically "Hey, today I played behind a slow foursome of kids."

Guess what? The other day, in a twosome, I was behind a slow foursome. We waited on them from the 8th hole to the 16th hole when they finally let us play through. The sad thing is they probably thought to themselves "hey, look at us being good guys, letting these guys play through" when they could have done so eight holes earlier… or seven. Or six. Or five…

Note: This thread is 2490 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!