IGNORED

What were you once thrilled to possess and later thrilled to get rid of?

jsgolfer
Note: This thread is 2461 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 hours ago, MuniGrit said:

Toss me in that camp.

My wifes Range Rover is upt there too. You do not want to own an Audi or other European car. After three years the mechanical bills will like up even for dumb stuff like brakes and air struts. Want a european car, lease it.

+1  Every plastic piece of garbage that breaks on a European car is $300 and nobody ever has the right tools to work on it except for the stealership. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Have you any dreams you'd like to sell?
Dreams of loneliness,
Like a heartbeat, drives you mad
In the stillness of remembering, what you had,
And what you lost and what you had and what you lost...

On 6/29/2017 at 3:09 PM, Hardspoon said:

My prediction for this thread: lots of former boat-owners.

On Airbnb, not unusual to see someone B&Bing out their sailboat and then underneath, for sale. When you see the entry, at first you're like that sounds like fun, then you think about it, nope.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Add me to the boat owner list. I have had a few and always have been happy to sell them.  Still have a boat and try to fish at least once a week from April to November.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

On 6/29/2017 at 3:58 PM, Hardspoon said:

My answer would be my motorcycle. I bought it to get around in grad school, and loved it, but once I moved to a downtown apartment with no parking it was a definite "ball-and-chain".

Bikes are great until you start using them as your primary source of transportation.

Nothing better than sitting at a stop light during a torrential Florida downpour. You glance over at the car stopped in the next lane which is full of (dry) retirees and everyone of them are just staring at you. They're all thinking the same thing.... dumb bastard.

Being able to run a quarter mile in 12 1/2 seconds is cool.... for the about the first year. Can't forget all the speeding tickets that come with being 22 y/o and owning one of the quickest vehicles on the road.

I'm with you, I'm glad I no longer own mine.

Jon

BMW 525i....smooth ride, but constant problems and expensive to repair. Overall a piece of junk.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

When I was dating my wife I bought a Datsun 280Z.  It was a white 2+2 with a gorgeous leather interior and a 6 speed manual transmission.   It's wasn't quick off of the line but had a very high top end.  I put three starters in it, all while under warranty.   I loved to drive it but was glad to finally sell it.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I like animals but we had a dog that kind of went crazy after we had our 4th daughter. Guess he was sick of us bringing kids home to replace any attention we gave him. Little sad but mostly relieved to find him a new home. 

Golf related, I was excited to get a Scotty Cameron like tiger had but I couldn't line the darn thing up with any confidence And putted poorly with it. 

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Note: This thread is 2461 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!