IGNORED

Music on the Course - When Did This Become a Thing?

wedge player
Note:Β This thread is 1058 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

We don't blare it and it's confined to one cart and like the OP said, the only time the 4some can hear it together is on the tee and green unless our shots are close to each other.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEXΒ  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Is Saevel the same guy arguing that t-shirts and cargo shorts are acceptable on the golf course, but threatening to call the pro shop if he sees (not hears, but sees) a group with an ipod/speaker on the course?

And he doesn't see the irony in that?Β  ughhhh....

What's in the bag
Driver: FTI
3W: 15 Degree
2H: X
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

Originally Posted by LBlack14

We don't blare it and it's confined to one cart and like the OP said, the only time the 4some can hear it together is on the tee and green unless our shots are close to each other.

I agree with you. I'm sure there are a lot of people who play it and I never hear it. And there are times when they play it and I do, which like I've said a few times, doesn't bother me. I think if people are responsible and don't have it up loud to where it carries, there's absolutely no problem with it.

And you're right, the OP stated that. Just with all the comments, the original question got morphed into the thought of a cart decked out with surround sound, haha.

Driver: Taylormade R11 Aldila NV 75

4W: Taylormade R9

3/4H: Taylormade Burner 19* 22*

5-AW: Taylormade RBZ

W: Cleveland Tour Action 588 56* 60*

Putter: Callaway White Ice 2 Ball Lined

I find it annoying.

Dan

:tmade:Β R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14Β 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron:Β Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Listening to music on the course isn't for me. As much as possible, I only want to hear "golf" and outdoor sounds. Maybe a quiet conversation with a playing partner at the appropriate time. If someone is playing music and I or others can't hear it, fine, I'll never even know about it. I would be (and have been) annoyed at hearing people blare music on the course though.

How about headphones?Β  Any of you play with headphones?

If I'm playing as a walk up with randoms, I might throw in some ear buds and tune out the other people in the group.Β  Not usually on the tee box, but on the fairways and sometimes the putting greens.

What's in the bag
4I-7I: X-188I, 9I, PW: X-Forged52 Deg: Vokey Oil Can, all rusted out56 Deg: Vokey, Chrome 60 Deg: Black PearlPutter: Catalina Two

I'd rather listen to the birds and the wind.Β  My job has me working on headphones almost 100% of the time so by the time the weekend arrives and I head for the

course I'mΒ  ready for anything but music.

I considered wearing headphones playing as a single once or twice, but didn't want the wires getting in the way and would rather just relax with a quiet outing to myself.

Speaking of quiet, as most have said, as long as I don't hear it from another group, I could care less. But if they pulled up to my tee box, music blaring...yea, I wouldn't appreciate that too much.

Originally Posted by MrSandman

How about headphones?Β  Any of you play with headphones?

If I'm playing as a walk up with randoms, I might throw in some ear buds and tune out the other people in the group.Β  Not usually on the tee box, but on the fairways and sometimes the putting greens.

Stupid people like me without the good sense to wear earplugs still have to suffer listening to you when the spirit moves you to communicate with your inferiors, though, right?

I might be tempted to walk off the course after a few holes if you joined up with us on the first tee.Β  I'm not a confrontational guy, so I probably wouldn't say anything, not even goodbye.Β  You'd just wind up without me on the next tee and probably not even notice I was missing.

"If you are going to throw a club, it is important to throw it ahead of you, down the fairway, so you don't have to waste energy going back to pick it up." Tommy Bolt
Insight XTD 9.5Β°, Insight 14.5Β°, X16 P-4iron, Edge 3H

Powerbuilt 2iron and SW, Cleveland 54Β°, Odyssey Rossi II

Β 

Β 

Originally Posted by Dr. Strangeclub

Stupid people like me without the good sense to wear earplugs still have to suffer listening to you when the spirit moves you to communicate with your inferiors, though, right?

I might be tempted to walk off the course after a few holes if you joined up with us on the first tee.Β  I'm not a confrontational guy, so I probably wouldn't say anything, not even goodbye.Β  You'd just wind up without me on the next tee and probably not even notice I was missing.

That's fine with me.

Don't know why you think you are stupid if a random person is wearing headphones while playing.Β  Maybe you have security issues that ae unresolved?

What's in the bag

Im fine with people listening to headphones as long as they arent blaring to the point where I can hear it.Β  Honestly, Im fine with music on the course as long as people are considerate of others.Β  If I cant hear it, I wont ever even know you are listening to music.

However, if I can hear it, you can bet that I will call the clubhouse and turn you in to the rangers.

Whats in my :sunmountain:Β C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno:Β JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno:Β JPX 850Β 15*, :mizuno:Β JPX-850 19*, :mizuno:Β JPX Fli-Hi #4,Β :mizuno:Β JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno:Β MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland:Β Smart Square BladeΒ and :bridgestone:Β B330-S

I've brought used my phone to play some tunes a couple of times. I hadn't thought of it until a guy I was paired with did it. I wasn't really set off or happy the first time so I let it go. He was playing some hip hop, which is not my thing. After trying it myself a few times, I found myself more worried about managing the volume than concentrating on my game. I enjoy listening to my own taste in music at the course, so if I were alone and the place is open, I'd do it more often. Playing a lot of weekend rounds with strangers on packed days, I keep the phone in my bag on silent.

The few times I've heard others doing this, it's not bothered me. I could hear it a ways away, but as soon as I looked over the guys shut it down. I just waved and said no big deal. I was passing by so it didn't matter.

1) I can't believe it took a page-and-a-half for someone to bring up Caddyshack. "The man's a menace!"

2) While I don't take music with me out on the course, and I always put my phone into "silent" mode, if someone in my group or another wants to listen to music while they play, it doesn't bother me. When I have been with someone playing music, I've even enjoyed it, provided a) it's not overly loud, b) it's decent music, and c) the tempo has to be down. No speed metal, please. Wreaks havoc with my transition.

Brad Eisenhauer

In my bag:
Driver:Β Callaway Hyper X 10Β° |Β Fairway Wood:Β GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3W (15Β°) |Β Hybrid:Β GigaGolf PowerMax GX920 3 (20Β°)
Irons:Β Mizuno MX-25 4-PW |Β Wedges:Β GigaGolf Tradition SGS Black 52Β°,Β 56Β°,Β 60Β° |Β Putter: GigaGolf CenterCut Classic SP3

Ball: Titleist ProV1x or Bridgestone B330S

I play at a private club, and we have one guy who likes to play music in his cart while he plays.Β  It's not very loud, and you can't hear it uinless you'reΒ within 10 feet or so of his cart. Some people don't like it, and some don't seem to mind. Once you get use to hearing it, it doesn't bother me.

Driver: Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5* , Aldila RIP’d stiff shaft (60g).

Ping G10 15* Hybrid
Callaway Heavan Wood 19* Hybrid
Putter: T-Line XXIV Tommy Armour

Ping i/3 Irons green dot
Cleveland 60* Lob wedge, Ping 56* Sand wedge, Nike SV Tour Black Satin 52* wedge, Ping 48* wedge.

Ball:Β TaylorMade

Originally Posted by MrSandman

That's fine with me.

Don't know why you think you are stupid if a random person is wearing headphones while playing.Β  Maybe you have security issues that ae unresolved?

I figured you wouldn't mind, since it doesn't sound like you would really enjoy a friendly $5 Nassau with dots, automatics two down, a few beers, a few laughs.Β  You'd rather listen to music over there by yourself than be sociable, which is fine with me.Β  I'd just rather head back to the first tee (there's a cutover from three, so it isn't too far a walk), start over and see if I could find somebody that actually wanted to play with me, rather than watch you moving around the course, there in body but not mind, golfing along in your alternate reality like I wasn't even there.

It would be stupid of me not to have the good sense (like you) to tune out the other people in the group.Β  Maybe if everybody could wise up, plug in and follow your example, we could all play in absolute silence and nobody would have anything to complain about whatsoever and our games would blossom!Β  Plus, as I implied (but perhaps too subtly), if you were to deign to speak with me,Β  then I wouldn't have to listen to you just like you don't have to listen to me!

Sorry.Β  I guess these 58 years of playing the game have taken their toll on my -- uh -- security issue.Β  It's a cruel game, golf.Β  The victims are everywhere.Β  Perhaps your strategy will make you strong and confidence, seraphically smiling down the fairway listening to the music of the spheroids.

"If you are going to throw a club, it is important to throw it ahead of you, down the fairway, so you don't have to waste energy going back to pick it up." Tommy Bolt
Insight XTD 9.5Β°, Insight 14.5Β°, X16 P-4iron, Edge 3H

Powerbuilt 2iron and SW, Cleveland 54Β°, Odyssey Rossi II

Β 

Β 

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

Im fine with people listening to headphones as long as they arent blaring to the point where I can hear it.Β  Honestly, Im fine with music on the course as long as people are considerate of others.Β  If I cant hear it, I wont ever even know you are listening to music.

However, if I can hear it, you can bet that I will call the clubhouse and turn you in to the rangers.

Do you expect/think the rangers will care about your complaint?Β  Or will it fall on deaf ears?

What's in the bag

Originally Posted by xmanhockey7

Music is a violation of our personal privacy!

LOL.....you stole my post from the other thread!!Β  hahahahaha

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big BerthaΒ Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
-Β CallawayΒ Big BerthaΒ 4-5 Rescue Clubs
--Β Mizuno Mx-25 sixΒ iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

this is my post from a month ago on the subject...........

http://thesandtrap.com/t/40936/your-favorite-golf-music/18#post_716233

Hahahaha

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big BerthaΒ Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
-Β CallawayΒ Big BerthaΒ 4-5 Rescue Clubs
--Β Mizuno Mx-25 sixΒ iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Note:Β This thread is 1058 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!