IGNORED

Circadian Eating (12 hour window)

saevel25
Note: This thread is 2323 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

22 minutes ago, Alx said:

"Not really" followed by "maybe not" isnt very convincing :-D. Anyways...

Oops :whistle:

22 minutes ago, Alx said:

I dont recall the specifics or terminology so dont quote me on that

The term I've heard is inflammation.

23 minutes ago, Alx said:

That on top of the fact that studying these things on a big enough scale while still controlling the parameters is almost impossible. The most realiable data seems to come from places where the circumstances dictate and control them effectively.

That is true. To me this makes a lot more sense than a lot of other stuff on the internet.

Everyone needs to find what works for them.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 hours ago, Alx said:

It is and it isnt. For the most part Id say it isnt. At the end of the day it really is as simple as calories in and calories out BUT because that piece of cake is not particularly nutritious nor does it take very long to digest you tend to need to eat more cake to say full which tends to promote overeating. You pretty much have to decide to stay hungry for a while to compensate.

Good point. You are talking about empty calories. The body craves more nutrients that it needs  for fuel, not to mention the sugar addiction and the processed flour, so in reality the body is not calling out for more chocolate cake, it needs nutrients, so if one takes that route, one ends up feeling hungry because at that point the food we crave is more like a drug than a food .

I believe it is not about over eating , but about not eating enough (of the right kind of foods) 

So then the question is why does one  want to lose weight  in the first place ?

If we  look at the rise in health problems in this country, Diabetes, cancer, and heart disease and ask  does diet play a role ? And If the answer is yes, then we may want  to look at what we eat more closely than just trying to look good.

3 minutes ago, JCrane said:

Good point. You are talking about empty calories. The body craves more nutrients that it needs  for fuel, not to mention the sugar addiction and the processed flour, so in reality the body is not calling out for more chocolate cake, it needs nutrients, so if one takes that route, one ends up feeling hungry because at that point the food we crave is more like a drug than a food .

I believe it is not about over eating , but about not eating enough (of the right kind of foods) 

It absolutely is about over eating. If you were to track the number of calories an overweight person consumed throughout the day, it is going to be significantly higher than their total daily energy expenditure. 

You can eat that piece of cake and still be under your daily calorie goal and lose weight, but once you eat that piece of cake and then another snack later that puts you over your calorie goal because you aren't satiated from that cake, then that is over eating.  

You can eat all of the "right" (very subjective) kinds of foods and still gain weight if you are consuming more calories than you are burning. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

8 hours ago, klineka said:

It absolutely is about over eating. If you were to track the number of calories an overweight person consumed throughout the day, it is going to be significantly higher than their total daily energy expenditure. 

You can eat that piece of cake and still be under your daily calorie goal and lose weight, but once you eat that piece of cake and then another snack later that puts you over your calorie goal because you aren't satiated from that cake, then that is over eating.  

You can eat all of the "right" (very subjective) kinds of foods and still gain weight if you are consuming more calories than you are burning. 

even without all the great research that is out there I think we all know what is healthy eating and what is not. There may be areas that are questionable but for the most part we all know.

I agree one can lose weight by counting calories, but what is the point of losing weight if it is not contributing to ones health.That is why all these diet programs thrive. People can not keep the weight off because they can not maintain the discipline it takes to stay on them. So they move from diet to diet thinking the next one will work.

In my opinion weight loss needs to to part of a lifestyle change in order to be effective. and that lifestyle change needs to include exercise and nutrient dense food with lots of plants, nuts and fruits. No better store than nature.

• 1 month later...

I agree, JCrane, including wild game! Almost zero fat, no growth hormones, no steroids, no antibiotics.

I once read somewhere that if it "runs fast, flies fast, or swims fast" you should eat it! No better source of protein on the planet.

18 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

I agree, JCrane, including wild game! Almost zero fat, no growth hormones, no steroids, no antibiotics.

I once read somewhere that if it "runs fast, flies fast, or swims fast" you should eat it! No better source of protein on the planet.

I also heard if man has touched it don't eat it. so yes the closer we get to nature the better

I tried this for the last 2 weeks or so, and have to admit that I feel better and my weight is stabilized. I was on an upward trajectory, but fasting 12 hours at a time really helps regulate my appetite and I crave healthier foods.

Good find @saevel25.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 2323 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!